Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia invading Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold View Post
    This information is sourced from the REAL LIFE!
    not from "what created by CNN, BBC etc"

and

News agency "Novosti"
    RIA Novosti

just in case, if anybody wants to learn something more (at least another side, than "what saakashvili told")
    Slow down a bit. Here is a chilling reminder about journalistic freedom in Russia.

The fact is that Russia is conducting military operations beyond borders of disputed territories in Georgia. How can anybody call this other than act of war, is beyond me.

Also, this isn't about Ossetia or Abkhazia or innocent civilians. No politician, especially Russian politician, cares about people. It's about oil pipeline from Baku to Turkey, the only practical route from the Caspian and central Asia that avoids both Russia and Iran. Some of it passes through Georgia, with parts running only 55km from South Ossetia.

Draw the parallels with US action in the Middle East ........

"Conducting military operations beyond borders" ?
    The PC term always used to "police action" !!

"about oil" ?
    Nuff said
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Slow down a bit. Here is a chilling reminder about journalistic freedom in Russia.
    The 'journalistic freedom' worked its 'best' when terrorists captured a concert hall in Moscow in 2002 for several days with more than 100 kilos of trotyl. There were about 900 people inside. Every step of special forces was showed on a TV with vast commentaries like how much troops headed to one door and how much walked to another. Those 40 bastards sitting inside and watching TV knew everything about the operation, so they've been there for a very long time. That's a complete freedom, but is it OK?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    The 'journalistic freedom' worked its 'best' when terrorists captured a concert hall in Moscow in 2002 for several days with more than 100 kilos of trotyl. There were about 900 people inside. Every step of special forces was showed on a TV with vast commentaries like how much troops headed to one door and how much walked to another. Those 40 bastards sitting inside and watching TV knew everything about the operation, so they've been there for a very long time. That's a complete freedom, but is it OK?
    That is just a case of a spectacularly mismanaged special forces operation, it has nothing to do with the freedom of the press.

I fail to see what this has to do with anything. Are you trying to claim that freedom of the press is a bad thing?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

The fact is that Russia is conducting military operations beyond borders of disputed territories in Georgia. How can anybody call this other than act of war, is beyond me.

Also, this isn't about Ossetia or Abkhazia or innocent civilians. No politician, especially Russian politician, cares about people. It's about oil pipeline from Baku to Turkey, the only practical route from the Caspian and central Asia that avoids both Russia and Iran. Some of it passes through Georgia, with parts running only 55km from South Ossetia.
    Is it too fast for you?

Anyway this a very funny ranking. Estonia in 3-rd place - oh, I'm crying :-)))
    And sadly for Latvia - only 12-th. Why so low? I'm upset...
    Measuring freedom in points - now that's a real bullshit. Another way to show, that you are free to lie, but only in selected countries.

For example, Germany, 20-th place.
    Title: "Putin. The bloody revenge bombings"
    Below: "Already more than 2000 deaths, 15 cities under fire, survivors fleeing into cellars, the situation catastrophic"
    AND THE PHOTO OF SOUTH OSSETIAN HOSPITAL, WHERE MEDICS SAVE LIFES
    OF GEORGIAN TERROR VICTIMS!!!!!

And your last sentences... Seems that you can't even imagine other causes of military actions, than OIL. Then why Georgia attacked South Ossetia?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    That is just a case of a spectacularly mismanaged special forces operation, it has nothing to do with the freedom of the press.

I fail to see what this has to do with anything. Are you trying to claim that freedom of the press is a bad thing?
    It's a poor special forces op b/c they gave the press full freedom. Your country nor mine does that in those situations because it can get people killed and it is seen as a bad thing. His point was that in that situation they had complete freedom of the press, more so than many other countries, and it led to a sad outcome.
    You can call me scott.

Russia may have been in the right initially, but I think ol' KGB Comrade Putin will take it too far. A lot of the former Sov sattellites were rich in oil. Who thinks its time for CCCP 2.0? Besides who doesn't love an ushanka with a big red star on it?

As car lovers, this whole need for oil is our fault. UCP is soley to blame for all the conflicts in the middle east, south america, central america, and every other goddamn f*cking oil producing place in the world
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    All I see from Russian opinion is that Georgia is evil mindless killers with a psychopath for a president and that Russia is just protecting the poor Ossetians, who happen to also be Russians.

Of course they don't mention that Georgia was responding to Ossetian militant attacks, or that Russia has far overstepped 'protecting Ossetia' and is bombing and invading Georgia. They don't mention that Ossetia has basically always been part of Georgia nor that they've been handing out passports to give them a good reason to attack georgia.

Whas Georgia wrong in bombarding as retaliation? Yes. Does that make what Russia is doing ok? NO!
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Whas Georgia wrong in bombarding as retaliation? Yes. Does that make what Russia is doing ok? NO!
    --------------
    Saaki have good army ready for war, so Russia attacks
    outside Osetia military infrastructure, military airports that
    disposed closely civilian objects because Georgia
    is little country. So incidents with civilians are probable but every such attack
    Saaki speaks that Russia attacks just civilians. So in Gory was destroyed
    store with rockets and there suffered some civilians but Saaki told it was deliberately.

And every time he told he order cease-fire in reality fire continuing.
    Saaki told in your eyes with his fired eyes about peace,
    friendship... and you got stone in your back when he see your back.
    So just look for all sources of information, not Saaki's only...

how long before the capitol of georgia falls? any takers?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I do not think Russia want enter capital of Georgia.
    No sense. Main goal - Saaki must leave Osetia & Abkhasia in peace.

though... sh... I dont like situation. Saaki have big hope for US protection and dodges as snake. Med&Pu angry as bears. Putin breathed day ago smell of osetinian corpses. They beleive Saaki must be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by moidodblr View Post
    though... sh... I dont like situation. Saaki have big hope for US protection and dodges as snake. Med&Pu angry as bears. Putin breathed day ago smell of osetinian corpses. They beleive Saaki must be punished.
    he's like a russian poet
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    When you analyze the reporting figures, Fox News is a lot more "legal" than CNN and MSNBC.
    I know that,but i watch MSNBC just to see how Liberals are F-ing up America. Liberals are nothing but cancer for American people,just look at our prison system 80% of them are Democrats,i am tiered of Liberals!
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thread Information