Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I am Not Breaking this one sorry!!!!

But as of the end of the FIRST Iraq war....was he still in power?

Thats a good 5 years where nothing happened on him.

What brought about action a full 6 years after he became "Official U.S. Policy" that wasn't available in 1998?

A public willing to believe they were under threat? A government willing to mislead the global community to exercise their ability to invade?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    But as of the end of the FIRST Iraq war....was he still in power?

Thats a good 5 years where nothing happened on him.

What brought about action a full 6 years after he became "Official U.S. Policy" that wasn't available in 1998?

A public willing to believe they were under threat? A government willing to mislead the global community to exercise their ability to invade?
    Because the U.N. recommended that Saddam's army should be kicked out of Kuwait, but not to invade Iraq or remove Saddam from power.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Since when does the US listen to what the UN says? Oh right, they helped Create the UN.....

I guess thats whats changed about US foreign policy.

Furthermore, why was he allowed to continue to pose a 'threat' for nearly 2 1/2 years before action was taken by the Bush administration. He was obviously a shady character who couldn't be trusted in 2003, why not in 2000? Why not in 1992?
    Back in those days America was content to impose death on VAST amounts of Iraqi kids ..because it was "worth it"
    Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price, we think the price is worth it.

--60 Minutes (5/12/96)
    Much more death and destruction to hapless Iraqi citizens from serial offender USA than what even Saddam perpertated

Image:Iraq-infant-mortality.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by nota; 08-19-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Since when does the US listen to what the UN says? Oh right, they helped Create the UN.....

I guess thats whats changed about US foreign policy.
    Obviously, the U.S. DID listen to the U.N. in 1991! Whether the was right or not, history will judge.
    You are forgetting something else... do not refer to the Iraq/Kuwait war as the United States' war. Many other countries were involved in it, too.
    You may as well ask why did Australia or Great Britain allow Saddam to stay in power.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Back in those days America was content to impose death on VAST amounts of Iraqi kids ..because it was "worth it"

Much more death and destruction to hapless Iraqi citizens from serial offender USA than what even Saddam perpertated
    Madeleine Albright! Lol. One of the worst Secertary of States' we've ever had!

"We have heard" half a million... I've also heard of Bigfoot!
    Don't blame a murderous dictator and the hundreds of thousands he had killed or were killed indirectly on the U.S.!

Countries that also followed into the Second Iraq war. Much to my chagrin.

And...in fact, what was the poin tof that last statement, the US listened to the UN & left Iraq in the lurch, then stuffed them up the second time without sanction from the UN.

The United States were most vocal about his position in power when it was suitable to foreign policy.

And it is true there were others involved in the Iraq/Kuwait war. who was the largest member of the invasion force though?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Don't blame a murderous dictator and the hundreds of thousands he had killed or were killed indirectly on the U.S.!
    When the United States is the country with the power to do something about it, and they choose not to because the cost is "Worth it", the United States must shoulder some of the blame. See also Darfur, Kosovo etc.

You can't pick & choose which policies & people you like within administrations. Either you accept the entirety of the United States, or you accept nothing
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 08-19-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    What report is that? (A link and a source?)
    ORB - Opinion Business Research - Newsroom

It's also covered in Wiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    "ORB is no dissident, anti-war outfit; it is a respected polling company that has conducted studies for customers as mainstream as the BBC and the Conservative Party."
    Iraq body count... Iraq Body Count... is know to be relatively accurate (there is no 100% accurate source).
    On what basis are they considered "relatively accurate" ? By whom ??

interesting to go through some of their articles where - for example - they ridiculed the Lancet numbers and then right at the end added an editorial saying how "busy" they were receiving 300 REPORTS of death "every few days". Now being consservative, lets that one death per report and few==3. That's 35,000 deaths/year THEY HAVE DIRECT REPORTS OF !!
    Take that to be 2/report and every 2 days and it's 100,000 PER YEAR.
    And that does NOT take account of statistical ratio of reported to unreported deaths, so can be lot higher

I do wish biased groups used their own tactics used to cast doubt on others numbers would have the decency and honesty to apply the same rules to themselves

Also don't forget that many of the casualties are from homicide bombers.
    Irrelevant.
    There was supposed to be enduring peace and safety for the population.
    Would those deaths be occurring if we weren't there ?
    You can't seperate types of casualties out to reduce the numbers, a death is a death
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i DO NOT support this or any other war, in the current day and age wars are made for finacial reasons, not justice or anything else. Peoples lives are taken away for money, plain and simple, thoose who believe they are fighting for something else are wrong or have no idea of the world they are living in.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

OT: What server are you on, ruim?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    OT: What server are you on, ruim?
    I have a main Lock named Gorefest in the Trollbane server and i'm starting a rogue named Mangler in Grim Batol server, EU servers don't forget

And you?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    Really? How so?
    Cause your too blinded by your arguments to notice what IBR4, was even talking about? He was obviously laughing at the term as anyone with a clear head could have gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan View Post
    you are kinda right but,i wander what will history say about Saddam murdering thousands of people,please don't tell me that you rather see Saddam dictating Iraq.i like to remind you guys why we are there....i will never forget this till the day i die.....

YouTube - The Falling Man: World Trade Center Horrors EDITED
    Most people won’t but that is not why you are in Iraq. Saddam was a prick but that does not justify the invasion unless you are going to invade every country ruled by an autocratic murdering ruler or embarking on a crusade to emancipate every community that is under such rule. And the further question then arises as to whose place is it to write the book on morality in government?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    I have a main Lock named Gorefest in the Trollbane server and i'm starting a rogue named Mangler in Grim Batol server, EU servers don't forget

And you?
    I have a main shaman named Nakajima on Blackwing Lair. I'm only level 20
    And speaking of that, I need to go get an account card, because my account expired

I had a lock on my brother's account before I got mine, and it was pretty decent. I did affliction, but it's terrible to level with, I should have gone destruction

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan View Post
    you are kinda right but,i wander what will history say about Saddam murdering thousands of people,please don't tell me that you rather see Saddam dictating Iraq.i like to remind you guys why we are there....i will never forget this till the day i die.....

YouTube - The Falling Man: World Trade Center Horrors EDITED
    While Saddam may have been a murdering bastard, he also ran a secular dictatorship, and wasn't well liked amongst the Islamic fundamentalists because of it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information