Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Corvette ZR1 in Europe + shakedown

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the great state of Washington allows 70 mph.....
    texas has 80 mph in places

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That may be a scarily fast speed for them...
    we have a really strange blend of drivers, those that stay at/under the limit, and those like me that stay well over, usually 10-20, depending on where. and also depending on where you are, the slow drivers generally stay out of the left lanes, so you can blow right past them.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    and also depending on where you are, the slow drivers generally stay out of the left lanes, so you can blow right past them.
    \
    except for women who tend to use their mirrors only to check the hair-do
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

\
    except for women who tend to use their mirrors only to check the hair-do
    truth.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    not to bring politics up, but that is a really old phrase, the media even pulled out a clip of john mccain saying it. anyone that follows US politics has heard that phrase before.
    I knew and why I thought the post woudl be humourous
    Just LOVE how the US system so quickly becomes a slagging match with the press goading everyone.
    We saw the McCain use last night on our political news program.
    Are Republican/Democratic voters that uneducated not to see the manipulation ??????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Unlike us they are not used to go above 55mph...
    Heck, these days I'm on a bike so 30mph would seem really fast!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I knew and why I thought the post woudl be humourous
    Just LOVE how the US system so quickly becomes a slagging match with the press goading everyone.
    We saw the McCain use last night on our political news program.
    Are Republican/Democratic voters that uneducated not to see the manipulation ??????
    Yes. Although it seems most people are seeing through the phony outrage concern trolling.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I thinks yellow fits it more than blue. A loot more. Also, the whole-black roof + pillars is really appealing... but i have to admit I was a bit disappointed when the driver turned it on: I was expecting a much more brutal sound... sounds good nontheless in the other parts of the video.

The comments by ZR1 team in Motor Trend are not in line with what you are saying. For the time being I have more trust in them than in you. Well trodden for the first supercharged engine????

The LS7 can easily handle 638fwhp in both turbo and charger form, yet GM decided to go with the smaller displacement and thicker walled LS9 6.2L. This is because they wanted this engine to be reliable and not sacrifice the margin of error. The last thing GM wants is an engine that is close to its limit, especially when they know that some owners will be increasing power with a pulley change etc. This is the reason why GM tests at WOT for 24hr straight along with other barrage of tests.

Changes in ECU would not be enough to cause overheating problems, you really need to changes in pullies along with ECU modifications for overheating problems to crop up. Pullies and ECU changes would net you well over 800hp.

As for a hood protruding intercooler, the aftermarket IMO would relocate the intercooler for higher hp cars. Most higher HP cars would change to some form of front mounted intercooler and not stick to or restricted to a top mounted intercooler.
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    The LS7 can easily handle 638fwhp in both turbo and charger form
    fwhp?

Theres a front wheel drive corvette?

And how can you be so sure That ECU changes wont do that?
    Last edited by Falcon500; 09-14-2008 at 03:42 AM.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

fly wheel horsepower falc...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    fly wheel horsepower falc...
    Oh I am well aware of that just that particular abrreviation typically isnt used to hp at the fly.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    The LS7 can easily handle 638fwhp in both turbo and charger form, yet GM decided to go with the smaller displacement and thicker walled LS9 6.2L. This is because they wanted this engine to be reliable and not sacrifice the margin of error. The last thing GM wants is an engine that is close to its limit, especially when they know that some owners will be increasing power with a pulley change etc. This is the reason why GM tests at WOT for 24hr straight along with other barrage of tests.

Changes in ECU would not be enough to cause overheating problems, you really need to changes in pullies along with ECU modifications for overheating problems to crop up. Pullies and ECU changes would net you well over 800hp.

As for a hood protruding intercooler, the aftermarket IMO would relocate the intercooler for higher hp cars. Most higher HP cars would change to some form of front mounted intercooler and not stick to or restricted to a top mounted intercooler.
    ...and you know this how?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information