Thread: 2008 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Alonso had a lot of luck.

Even so he is a superb driver. Possibly the best in the championship currently.
    I doubt it was just luck. They intentionally went for a short first stint on the super softs. It would propel them to the lead in case of a not unpredictable crash and safety car period.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    so, uh, is Ferrari sadistic or what....like to shoot themselves in the foot so often this year...
    I was just thinking the same. they are probably are as good as McLaren technically, but fail on all the other side, human side first of all.
    so many stupid errors this year...

Alonso had a lot of luck.

Even so he is a superb driver. Possibly the best in the championship currently.
    he had a bit of luck, true, but also he was unlucky in the qualifying session. and he did a perfect race. probably it's a shame Ferrari is sticking with this line up for the next two seasons.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I doubt it was just luck. They intentionally went for a short first stint on the super softs. It would propel them to the lead in case of a not unpredictable crash and safety car period.
    The safety car due to Piquet's crash and subsequent Rosberg and Kubica penalties helped him a lot.

Altough I agree that his driving was top of the class.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The safety car due to Piquet's crash and subsequent Rosberg and Kubica penalties helped him a lot.

Altough I agree that his driving was top of the class.
    The safety car period really was just a matter of time. Next time they should invest in some cranes next to the track. Rosberg and Kubica's penalties were rightly given. Rosberg was lucky that he could benefit for so many laps of his illegal stop. I do think it's a well deserved result for the small Williams team during their 30th anniversary year.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The venue was horrible. Real racing circuits are being sacrificed for novelty events to pad Bernie's pocket....nothing new...just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    The venue was horrible. Real racing circuits are being sacrificed for novelty events to pad Bernie's pocket....nothing new...just saying.
    I'd agree with that.
    Lewis was right in saying strategy would decide the result in "Valencia II".

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I'd agree with that.
    Lewis was right in saying strategy would decide the result in "Valencia II".
    IMO it's more a problem of how the cars are designed.
    and also, with all those money involved, the drivers are very careful (or required to be) about what they do, so there couldn't be an heavy fight, or someone who drives really over the limit. see what happened to Raikkonen. he was pushing hard (maybe not enough, that's not the point) trying to overtake Glock, but he hit the rail and now everyone is saying that he failed because he should have thought to the interest of the team and other things.
    While if you look at other racing series where younger drivers are featured and less money involved, they are running like mad, overtaking continuously and eventually making more errors, but those races are more similar to the old one than what F1 actually is right now.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information