Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gig's

Danterra, I will say I am a little jealous - I just saw Iron Maiden my first time this past summer, and was totally blown away! Can't wait for the new album now too....

Other memorable shows I've been to, Virginfest** the past 2 years, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Rush, Plant + Krauss, Satriani (seeing him again next week ), Bauhaus, and others (like G3 ).

As for AC/DC, I am debating it - tickets start at around $100, and there are many other shows I want to see in the near future (Nine Inch Nails and Scars on Broadway, primarily).

** Notable bands that have been at Virginfest within the past two years (that I saw), just so no one needs to try to figure out what I may have seen there::
    Girl Talk, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, 311, Velvet Revolver, Beastie Boys, Ben
    Harper and the Innocent Criminals, Gogol Bordello, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Infected Mushroom, Foo Fighters, Iggy and the Stooges, Stone Temple Pilots, Sting and the Police, Bad Brains, Lupe Fiasco, and others that I am too out of it to remember currently. Fun times.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Should be attending Stonefest - I have a Studio I can sleep my hangover off in
    It's gonna be sweet. I live like 5 min away as well You might be able to crash at mine if necessary.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Reminds me. Must. Buy. Tickets.

<tattoos forehead>
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Are you doing Trackside?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I've got bugger all time to do anything. I doubt I could get time off work or Uni even IF I had tickets

Lame.
    – Hunter Thompson

Like a Fallen Race Horse.

I've seen a few over the years.
    Thin Lizzy, Hawkwind, Queen, Led Zep, Blue Oyster Cult, Saxon, Samson, Judas Priest, Cheap Trick, The Scorpions, The Jam, The Pirates, Status Quo, The Undertones, The Clash, Buzzcocks, The Ramones, AC/DC (the REAL version with Bon), Iron Maiden, Dr. Feelgood, The Damned, The Ruts, Motorhead, Girlschool, Van Halen, Ted Nugent, Budgie, UK Subs, Koopa , U2 (in 1981), Boomtown Rats, Eddie and the Hot Rods, Dave Edmunds, Patti Smith, Sham 69, Stiff Little Fingers..... oh, I give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    I've seen a few over the years.
    Thin Lizzy, Hawkwind, Queen, Led Zep, Blue Oyster Cult, Saxon, Samson, Judas Priest, Cheap Trick, The Scorpions, The Jam, The Pirates, Status Quo, The Undertones, The Clash, Buzzcocks, The Ramones, AC/DC (the REAL version with Bon), Iron Maiden, Dr. Feelgood, The Damned, The Ruts, Motorhead, Girlschool, Van Halen, Ted Nugent, Budgie, UK Subs, Koopa , U2 (in 1981), Boomtown Rats, Eddie and the Hot Rods, Dave Edmunds, Patti Smith, Sham 69, Stiff Little Fingers..... oh, I give up!
    How were the cowbell levels?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Needed more.

Just saw Roisin Murphy of Moloko fame live. Very impressive; an aural and visual spectacle!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Decided I would revive this thread tonight; just got back from a Queensryche concert, and a show by a band called "Deerhoof" last night.

Damn did I miss concerts. Queensryche was absolutely amazing! Their new album, American Soldier is absolutely brilliant, and possibly one of the most powerful albums I have heard in a while (even the bouncers were getting teary eyed). I very highly recommend it.

As for Deerhoof, they are a pretty good band, actually graduated from the Oberlin conservatory (hence their stop in Oberlin) and are veerrryyy technically proficient. The style is a little odd, but it grows on you. Also something I would recommend for a listening.

And I guess while I am here I might as well share some excitement for the summer. Motley Crue, Virgin Festival (Baltimore location), Nine Inch Nails, perhaps some of the Marley's, and Dream Theater + Zappa + Queensryche. I like this summer
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information