Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Stutter's

Obama Stutter's

Since Obama has become President Elect, his speeches seem to have lost all charisma and he is starting to stutter and slur his words. Like I had predicted, the eloquence wouldn't last.

Anyone else notice this?

UPDATE: YouTube - The Obama Stutter
    I had to, take it with a grain though.
    Last edited by LTSmash; 12-04-2008 at 01:26 AM.

his tone is matching the gravity of the situation. he is staying relatively low key about everything, so as not to put oo much pressure on Bush. even so, he is still beoign more outspoken than pretty much any president elect ever.

and i havent noticed him stuttering. but he also isnt using a teleprompter, memorized stump speech, or an extemporaneous speech writtn down in front of him. he is doing a loy of speeking from the cuff, and ha answered numerous questions from the press every time he has spoken. bush never did that, and still doesnt. so you may be confusing stuttering with actually thinking and coming up with thoughts as he is speaking them.

i know for a fact that he is doing better than i woudl do in this situation, and im sure you could say the same.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    his tone is matching the gravity of the situation. he is staying relatively low key about everything, so as not to put oo much pressure on Bush. even so, he is still beoign more outspoken than pretty much any president elect ever.

and i havent noticed him stuttering. but he also isnt using a teleprompter, memorized stump speech, or an extemporaneous speech writtn down in front of him. he is doing a loy of speeking from the cuff, and ha answered numerous questions from the press every time he has spoken. bush never did that, and still doesnt. so you may be confusing stuttering with actually thinking and coming up with thoughts as he is speaking them.

i know for a fact that he is doing better than i woudl do in this situation, and im sure you could say the same.

Oh, no doubt he has a lot over his head at the moment. I just find it ironic on how the media praised him for his remarkable public speaking ability (teleprompter assistance) and now he seems to have lost that 'charm' when he's speaking on his feet. Maybe should have taken a few more S&D classes in high school... was that harsh?

Granted, Bush isn't the best public speaker either, but the media was never on his side.

BTW, I love your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Oh, no doubt he has a lot over his head at the moment. I just find it ironic on how the media praised him for his remarkable public speaking ability (teleprompter assistance) and now he seems to have lost that 'charm' when he's speaking on his feet. Maybe should have taken a few more S&D classes in high school... was that harsh?

Granted, Bush isn't the best public speaker either, but the media was never on his side.

BTW, I love your avatar.
    thanks on the av.

he is still very good. maybe im just defending him, but he has given a speech all but one of the last 6 working days. each of those was about 30 min long. thats a lot of material, and thats not including the time spent going over the information going into those speeches, and the whole selection process in general. i have aspirations of politics, but at that level, the pressure you are under constantly is just astounding. i have a feeling that on 20JAN he will give a speech that wont be forgotten for many years.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

You can't really blame him can you. George Bush never really got used to the whole un-prepared speaking but I feel Obama is in a better position too. However I think Mccain would've been an absolute mess.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    thanks on the av.

he is still very good. maybe im just defending him, but he has given a speech all but one of the last 6 working days. each of those was about 30 min long. thats a lot of material, and thats not including the time spent going over the information going into those speeches, and the whole selection process in general. i have aspirations of politics, but at that level, the pressure you are under constantly is just astounding. i have a feeling that on 20JAN he will give a speech that wont be forgotten for many years.
    True, being President has to be one of the hardest positions out there. I hate it when people are cruel about Bush on obsolete things just because it's popular. I'll admit it, I'm a part of that 17% approval (or however low it is) of the President, I'm not going to hate on Bush just because it's popular (my reasons why is for another time). Plus half of those people who give him a hard time havn't done enough research to know what in the hell they are talking about. We'll give Obama some time to get the hang of things, chances are he'll get into the motion and his speaking ability will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    However I think Mccain would've been an absolute mess.
    He would have said, "My friends, my friends, my friends, my friends...."

Man did that get old. never the most inspiring of lines

I'd prefer a stutter to complete incompetence.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I'd prefer a stutter to complete incompetence.
    I think we have seen the two aspects combined in a near perfect way over the past 7.9 years....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I'm sick of the Bush-bashing (I despise the man however) but I feel this is appropriate where the man himself nearly echoes a great song by The Who:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me — I can't get fooled again."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I'm sick of the Bush-bashing (I despise the man however) but I feel this is appropriate where the man himself nearly echoes a great song by The Who:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me — I can't get fooled again."
    Contributing to this post with vid:
    George Bush-Fool Me Once
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

I think he actually knows the saying, just half way through he realized he was going to have to say 'fool me twice shame on me', and its really not where he wanted to go with it. You can see the wheels spinning in his head, and then he cuts it short.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I'd have to see the context of what he was saying before that to know if you are right digitalcraft but your explanation is plausible. Even still, it is pretty funny that he messed it up.

Psychiatrists use that as a perfect example of someone who cannot accept any negative image of themslevs.
    Unwilling to accept blame for anything, unable to see their own flaws.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information