Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: which car has the best 0-60?

Oh the shame.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    Hey wait... How about the acceleration of a jet-propelled dragster

The Hamster's only fear...

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The acceleration will not be as good as ICE powered car. An ICE is connected to the wheels, whereas the jet can only act on the air.
    Rocket dragsters are the fastest - significantly so. I would figure that the fact that the engine pushes the air is an advantage as traction is less of an issue.

Wiki says they do the 1/4 in 3.2 at 630 km/h (390mph) while top fuel can do low/mid 4s at best at 540 km/h (335 mph).

UCP (I think) has the 917-30 hitting 100 km/h in 1.9 seconds which would be the quickest circuit racer that I can think of.

More wiki accelerations

The top cars seem to be in rough order - the Caparo T1 could maybe top the Veyron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Rocket dragsters are the fastest - significantly so. I would figure that the fact that the engine pushes the air is an advantage as traction is less of an issue.

Wiki says they do the 1/4 in 3.2 at 630 km/h (390mph) while top fuel can do low/mid 4s at best at 540 km/h (335 mph).

UCP (I think) has the 917-30 hitting 100 km/h in 1.9 seconds which would be the quickest circuit racer that I can think of.

More wiki accelerations

The top cars seem to be in rough order - the Caparo T1 could maybe top the Veyron.
    using a rocket would solve the problem of a lack of traction, but creates further more. the point of moving the car with a rocket is to move the air back with a force bigger than the static friction acting at the wheels. but, since air doesn't weight very much (1kg/m3) you need to move a very guge amount of air, and that requires times. for clearing that have a look to how planes take off from carriers. since the space is very short, and so they don't have the time to reach a decent level of speed to keep the plane flying, the help it starting fast enough with those barriers positioned behind the plane, so that the air can be somehow compressed between the rockets and the barrier giving a bigger force to the plane to start with.

YouTube - Catapult Lift Take-Off #1 USS Nimitz
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information