Japan fanboi!
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    He does have a point though. I've had a PS3 for several months and the poor thing has a very small library, and neither my brother nor I have played it in months.
    that sounds like my XBOX 360 Elite.....

since i got my PS3 its been neglected.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

For some reason the PS3 is slower than a 360. On paper it's faster, yet the load times and lag can be brutal. Also, the PS3 (and, since it's the same design, PS2) controller is terrible. I like the PS3, I have all three systems (Wii, PS3, 360) but the Playstation controller is hot garbage. Specifically the thumbsticks, which lack any indentations or grippy surface to keep your thumbs on them. Also the button layout is archaic. I want to like the PS3 but the controller ruins the entire experience for me.

The standard 360 controller is the best designed controller I've ever used for any system past or present. For once, Microsoft did something right.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    For some reason the PS3 is slower than a 360. On paper it's faster, yet the load times and lag can be brutal. Also, the PS3 (and, since it's the same design, PS2) controller is terrible. I like the PS3, I have all three systems (Wii, PS3, 360) but the Playstation controller is hot garbage. Specifically the thumbsticks, which lack any indentations or grippy surface to keep your thumbs on them. Also the button layout is archaic. I want to like the PS3 but the controller ruins the entire experience for me.

The standard 360 controller is the best designed controller I've ever used for any system past or present. For once, Microsoft did something right.
    thats funny... i find exactly the opposite. i can't stand the xbox controller. the PS controller is the most comfortable for extended gaming to me. the one advantage of the xbox controller is the rounded buttons which are less rough on the fingers than the PS squared off profile buttons.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    thats funny... i find exactly the opposite. i can't stand the xbox controller. the PS controller is the most comfortable for extended gaming to me. the one advantage of the xbox controller is the rounded buttons which are less rough on the fingers than the PS squared off profile buttons.
    That's funny, and I guess like with most things, ultimately everyone experiences things differently. I find the PS controller to be small and flimsy on a whole, along with the small buttons. The thumbsticks seemed to be designed so your thumb slowly slips off of them as you hold them. The D-pad is still a basic four button design, whereas the 360's is a full multi-directional tilting pad. The PS's triggers also suffer the same problem as the thumbsticks, fingers slip off of them very easily. The whole controller feels as if it's a scale model of a regular controller. It's as if a) Small handed people/midgets designed it or b) it underwent absolutely no ergonomic design process.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking?
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    That's funny, and I guess like with most things, ultimately everyone experiences things differently. I find the PS controller to be small and flimsy on a whole, along with the small buttons. The thumbsticks seemed to be designed so your thumb slowly slips off of them as you hold them. The D-pad is still a basic four button design, whereas the 360's is a full multi-directional tilting pad. The PS's triggers also suffer the same problem as the thumbsticks, fingers slip off of them very easily. The whole controller feels as if it's a scale model of a regular controller. It's as if a) Small handed people/midgets designed it or b) it underwent absolutely no ergonomic design process.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking?
    maybe...

i do find some of what youre saying to be true on the PS3 controller specifically. i do prefer the PS2 controller, with the slightly different thumb controllers (which i dont prefer to use anyway) and the triggers have a longer travel than the PS2's. and the controller is very small, especially when compared to the xbox, but go and try plaing an NES again. thats like playing with a tic-tac box.

So while i prefer the PS style controller, i prefer the 2 to the 3.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    maybe...

i do find some of what youre saying to be true on the PS3 controller specifically. i do prefer the PS2 controller, with the slightly different thumb controllers (which i dont prefer to use anyway) and the triggers have a longer travel than the PS2's. and the controller is very small, especially when compared to the xbox, but go and try plaing an NES again. thats like playing with a tic-tac box.

So while i prefer the PS style controller, i prefer the 2 to the 3.
    Ah yeah, I can't remember the last time I used a PS2. It could also be a transition, I used my Xbox for a year, and then my friend/housemate got a PS3, which I'd never used. Surprisingly I don't mind using the old NES controllers, I love the simplicity of so few options. But the corners do hurt the hand after a good while of intense Mario-ing.

Ace combat 6
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by gtsgtsgt View Post
    Can't wait for GT5 xD
    Not out till this tim next year, apparently. Get a 360 and Forza 3
    May the downforce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Ace combat 6
    Is it coming back to PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Is it coming back to PS3?
    I thought it was an exclusive for the X360 just for the first period, otherwise, p0wned.

EDIT: rumors wanted it was, at the very best, scheduled during 2008. since we are in December, I guess time is over, and it will continue being an X360 exclusive
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 12-07-2008 at 07:28 AM.

There were some rumors about Metal Gear Solid going to the XBox. Not sure how that'll turn out though.

Yeah, not much of a fan of GTA4. I don't really mind the PS3 and its small library. The Blue Ray pretty much solidifies the purchase, although there are some Blue Ray players that are slightly cheaper, why have redundancy?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    There were some rumors about Metal Gear Solid going to the XBox. Not sure how that'll turn out though.

Yeah, not much of a fan of GTA4. I don't really mind the PS3 and its small library. The Blue Ray pretty much solidifies the purchase, although there are some Blue Ray players that are slightly cheaper, why have redundancy?
    my question is: why have blue ray?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    my question is: why have blue ray?
    My dad has a home theater system.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    My dad has a home theater system.
    Touché then

Thread Information