Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New web browser for African Americans.

My family is DOMINANTLY Polish. At family outings, they speak Polish. They go to Polish Churches. I don't like speaking Polish. Can I speak it? Yes. Do I enjoy it? No. The problem I have is that my family thinks I'm anti-social because I'm far more Americanized than they are. My sister (one year younger than I) has a better grasp of the language than I do, even though I'm sufficiently 'fluent' in the language. Is this off-topic? Somewhat. Then again, this is a forum. My own4ge of the English language makes me an outcast in my own family so I can care less of the outcome here.

GG'z report;
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

My mom's parents spoke Yiddish whne they wanted to keep secrets froom my mom and her siblings, so my mom never learned more than a few words.I dont think this is relevant to anything, ev4r.
    I have a Mexican friend who speaks English at home just to piss off his parents.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I just speak gibberish most of the time.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    This may not be the dumbest thing I've ever seen but it has to rank up there pretty high.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I'd love to see the consequences if anyone made an all 'White' browser, our society values are completly fudged up.

"Connect, Empower, Entertain" LOL
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I've thought about it and it just ****s me off more and more. gives a bad name to black people.

Ah man this is some funny stuff! What next, an African-American Linux distro? A redneck (no offense) Delphi?

How about they take this to the next level: what the world really needs is more choice. Why settle for the African-American browser when you can have the African-American Pro browser?

I never thought I'd see the day that race gets dragged into software, essentially just bits of ones and zeros.

ADDED: Then again, to each his own. I'm off to code a Dutch-German-British-Belgian-French-South-African Firefox extension.
    Last edited by Kooper; 12-11-2008 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    My own4ge of the English language makes me an outcast in my own family
    Same as here then

You gotta give it to these guys for some neat marketing.
    Portal will bring them revenue and all they had to do was colour firefox and target their market !!
    Good on them. Shame on anyone who thinks it's a good idea
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Good on them. Shame on anyone who thinks it's a good idea
    Sorry man, did you mean "shame on anyone who thinks it's not a good idea"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Sorry man, did you mean "shame on anyone who thinks it's not a good idea"?
    No. Socially this sucks for the reasons we see raised here
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    No. Socially this sucks for the reasons we see raised here
    Ah cool, just had to make sure I understood correctly. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I have a Mexican friend who speaks English at home just to piss off his parents.
    thats sooo stupid, that really chaps my bag when people discourage their children from speaking english! they should be proud that their kids can speak english and thus will probably have a better life than they did.

I am of Cuban origin and i was the first member of my family on my mom's side to be born in America and I can only speak a little bit of spanish and my family (although they wish i could speak both fluently for financial reasons) always talks about how its great that I dont speak english with a spanish accent. (ps, my family is all fluent in english)
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

It's scientifically proven people who speak fluently several languages are more intelligent.

I speak, read and write French everyday, read and write English everyday (obviously I can speak it as well, just rarely get the chance to), and speak, read and write Spanish when needed (albeit not so fluently).

I believe people should learn other languages, if only for challenging themselves. It's fun to be able to watch, say, Spanish movies or read French novels. Other languages bring so much to your personal culture.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 12-11-2008 at 10:44 AM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I had to try. I'm going to hell for this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    thats sooo stupid, that really chaps my bag when people discourage their children from speaking english! they should be proud that their kids can speak english and thus will probably have a better life than they did.
    ...or they just want to preserve what culture they had?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information