Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru to withdraw from World Rally Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    And I'm guessing the next who will be removed from the WRC are Mitsubishi LanEvos
    Nobody will be removed, the rules will change which will make all current cars redundant.

was there a Mitsubishi factory team this year?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is that how could the driver maintain their high speeds at loose surfaces WITHOUT the grip of AWD...
    Talent?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Nobody will be removed, the rules will change which will make all current cars redundant.

was there a Mitsubishi factory team this year?
    Only in PWRC

Talent?
    Well... They're gonna need all the talent they can get...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Obviously the problem has been at the top of the team management.
    Right. Or the problem is the lack of manufacturer support. Williams is a privateer team with a budget that is nowhere near that of the teams that do fight for the championship. Perhaps their day will come once more now that the ridiculous spending period looks to be over.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    To be honest i'm surprised to see Subaru leave before Ford. With their trouble in America i'd thought they'd be feeling the pinch more than manufacturers like Suzuki, Subaru and Honda.
    Probably Ford EU relies more on rallying success for marketing than Subaru.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

To me it has the same impact as Ferrari or McLaren leaving F1. WRC is dead to me now.

From what I hear it also very likely that the "new" WRC (as of 2010) will be contested with no turbo engined non AWD cars, so what is the benefit for Subaru to stay.
    What are you saying?? They will be turbo+AWD

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    To me it has the same impact as Ferrari or McLaren leaving F1. WRC is dead to me now.
    Rallying has been dead for many years. At least at WRC level.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Probably Ford EU relies more on rallying success for marketing than Subaru.
    IIRC when Ford sold Jaguar, they were considering selling the WRC team as well, but turned around and put more effort in. So yes it would definately seem the team holds alot of value to them.

Or simply those succeeding in motorsport are willing to go through the credit crunch and those who arent are taking it as an easy excuse to get out.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    IIRC when Ford sold Jaguar, they were considering selling the WRC team as well, but turned around and put more effort in. So yes it would definately seem the team holds alot of value to them.

Or simply those succeeding in motorsport are willing to go through the credit crunch and those who arent are taking it as an easy excuse to get out.
    Furthermore Subaru (as is Suzuki) is a niche manufacturer in Europe.

Citroën and Ford aren't, and rallying being mainly an European affair, that's probably why they are staying.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Right. Or the problem is the lack of manufacturer support. Williams is a privateer team with a budget that is nowhere near that of the teams that do fight for the championship. Perhaps their day will come once more now that the ridiculous spending period looks to be over.

Perhaps, but I doubt it.

They stand more of a chance with the rules shake up than with the cost cuts. Alot of people are likening the shakeup to that of the 1998 rules.
    I am the Stig

This is probably a death blow for WRC.
    The fan favourite is gone.

actually Subaru is more like Williams in current F1, when was the last time they won a race?
    From a winning perspective you have a point. But fan wise it's like Ferrari leaving f1 b/c Subaru is the most recognized rallying brand and helps spread rallying globally better than any other manufacture.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    From a winning perspective you have a point. But fan wise it's like Ferrari leaving f1 b/c Subaru is the most recognized rallying brand and helps spread rallying globally better than any other manufacture.
    pity that they don't sell proper Fords and Citroens on your side of the pond....we have more to relate to...

not that surprising considering they are selling cars without it and their street cars havent been rally inspired for quite some time after they moved to 2.5litre blocks
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Thread Information