Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's missing in this pic?

Three words describes this picture-

Not my car.

Who cares, long as I get through the finish line?

Just watch out for the head mechanic. He might be throwing monkey wrenches at you for giving him this mess to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Anyone else remember gronholm trying to get past the police in spain many years ago (silver or red liveried Pug 206) with the entire right rear assembly torn off mid stage?
    Also Makkinen in '98 RAC was stopped by the police IIRC because he was on three wheels and was forced to retire.

He was fighting for the championship with Sainz. That put the spaniard well in conention only to lose the title on the last stage of the rally with the finish in sight.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

What authority do the police have on a closed race course? I'd assume that the WRC officials would be in control.

Was he driving on a public road then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What authority do the police have on a closed race course? I'd assume that the WRC officials would be in control.

Was he driving on a public road then?
    Well between stages you drive on public roads, and therefore the police do have authority.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well between stages you drive on public roads, and therefore the police do have authority.
    That was the conclusion I had drawn but I find it odd that the WRC cars are street legal 1, and 2 that they are not taken by trailer form stage to stage - this would seem more professional to me than driving on the street from stage to stage which seems kinda like something outta the 50s-60s-70s before motorsports budgets exploded with sponsorship.

That was the conclusion I had drawn but I find it odd that the WRC cars are street legal 1, and 2 that they are not taken by trailer form stage to stage - this would seem more professional to me than driving on the street from stage to stage which seems kinda like something outta the 50s-60s-70s before motorsports budgets exploded with sponsorship.
    Well that's one of the reasons why rallying used to be the ultimate test for man and machine.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well that's one of the reasons why rallying used to be the ultimate test for man and machine.
    because it is the ultimate test for car control...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

There's no plans to race it in '09?

Ah the good old days!
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Its actually pretty cool that way, provides the ultimate test of creating a racecar for unproven roads that is legal by road accounts. Back in Maine at the SCCA Pro Rally event a few years ago as we were driving to get to one of the stages we were directly followed by Mark Lovell and Mark Freeman in their overall-leading Subaru Impreza (R.I.P.). That was until a minute later when they found an open stretch of asphalt and flew on past us. You would never experience something like that in touring cars or Formula 1.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I thought of something else that is missing...

Midget stripper donkey show.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    I thought of something else that is missing...

Midget stripper donkey show.
    The show to end all shows.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information