Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crashes (videos)...dont laugh!

I don't know... Maybe.. It's possible..
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

Maybe the old guy is a mad psychotic killer...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Here's what I think ....

the old guy has only ever driven automatics and the Ferrari is a 'trophy' to show off in.
    Someone convinces him he's wonderfula nd should enter this test ( the rich always have some sycophants in their circle )

So the guy panics and brakes hard. The front whels are locked up and so no steering makes any difference. The car keeps going becuase the twat doesn't know to engage the clutch or to select neutral. The engine has enough torque to keep pushin the car.

What do you think ????
    I don't think so, if you look at the brief outside shot you can see the right wheel isn't turning so my guess is that something broke in the steering or suspension.
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

i'm having problems with the videos posted so far, whenever the quicktime symbol comes up, it is broken and i can't watch half of the videos that have been posted
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    i'm having problems with the videos posted so far, whenever the quicktime symbol comes up, it is broken and i can't watch half of the videos that have been posted
    Follow the instructions at http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...39&postcount=7 and either post in that thread or PM me.
    Cheers
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Matra- probably true...*strangles monitor......* ah what's the point? That old guy is a psycho...

Quote Originally Posted by orne
    I don't think so, if you look at the brief outside shot you can see the right wheel isn't turning so my guess is that something broke in the steering or suspension.
    Looking at it frame by frame - but it is low res, I think you are right because I think it IS turning but is turning in to the left - the driver was turning wheel to right. So you could be right and a steering arm broke,
    BUT, why no brakes ? Was the driver unable to react to the unexpected - in that case take the Ferrari off him and give it to someone here on UCP who can appreciate it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

in that case take the Ferrari off him and give it to someone here on UCP who can appreciate it
    I don't think i want it anymore! lol
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Looking at it frame by frame - but it is low res, I think you are right because I think it IS turning but is turning in to the left - the driver was turning wheel to right. So you could be right and a steering arm broke,
    BUT, why no brakes ? Was the driver unable to react to the unexpected - in that case take the Ferrari off him and give it to someone here on UCP who can appreciate it
    I told you the wrinkly was pissed....!

The road surface was wet. I bet you the tires / brakes were not up to the property working temperature. The driver didn't even counter-react to the car when it wasn't responding to the turn. When the car wasn't turning he floored the brakes thus locking up the tires (do F50s have ABS?), causing it to slid.

That's what I think
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    The road surface was wet. I bet you the tires / brakes were not up to the property working temperature. The driver didn't even counter-react to the car when it wasn't responding to the turn. When the car wasn't turning he floored the brakes thus locking up the tires (do F50s have ABS?), causing it to slid.

That's what I think
    Course they have ABS, i would be very surprised if it didn't! Put property working temperature? Thats a new one.
    Just call me Tom

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    The road surface was wet. I bet you the tires / brakes were not up to the property working temperature.
    IN a small low-speed event like that it wouldn't make any difference.
    The driver didn't even counter-react to the car when it wasn't responding to the turn.
    He just kept putting in right hand down.
    So he knew it wasn't turning but could only think to try to steer, nothing else.

IN a small low-speed event like that it wouldn't make any difference.

He just kept putting in right hand down.
    So he knew it wasn't turning but could only think to try to steer, nothing else.

i'm telling you he was pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    Course they have ABS, i would be very surprised if it didn't!
    Hmmm, some early ABS didn't do well at low speeds and slippy surfaces.
    Ice was always a favourite.
    Could be the ABS was refusing to come on ?

Maybe.
    Just call me Tom

Thread Information