Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Address to the Nation

Final Address to the Nation

Is anyone going to watch Bush give his last address as commander-in-chief? I think this could spark up some interesting discussion about his accomplishments and his faults, and it can sort of offer a critical review of the past eight years. Tonight at 8:00 PM ET on most major news networks.

I stopped caring what Bush had to say a long time ago. This will probably be about as pathetic as Nixon's speech the night before he left office.

I'll probably watch for shits and giggles.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    I stopped caring what Bush had to say a long time ago. This will probably be about as pathetic as Nixon's speech the night before he left office.
    Pathetic yes, memorable, even more likely...

i have to drive to pick up my car this evening, so i may DVR it and watch it later. or i may just catch the highlights on the daily show.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I'm wondering if it'll end with him shouting "F**K YOU BITCHES!!!!"
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

All this banter is a little immature. So... forget it. I was simply trying to incite meaningful discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    All this banter is a little immature. So... forget it. I was simply trying to incite meaningful discussion.
    on this website, with bush involved, you must have been high or something when you made this thread

(haha and yes i know that was some very immature banter)
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    on this website, with bush involved, you must have been high or something when you made this thread

Umm, no. Just because others don't agree with his policy shouldn't constitute all the bashing. Also, these responses make me look like an idiot on here for trying to actually have a "real" political discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post

in any scenario with bush involved. i took last quarter, and am taking this quarter, military history/theory classes, with only other military members in the class. even in this normally republican sympathizing group Bush can't find too many supporters. and by too many i mean one supporter out of both classes.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

At first it was amazement - How could a Man with such an obvious lack of intelligence become one of the worlds most powerful men.

Then the anger - The lies around WMD's, the mission accomplished banner on an aircraft carrier, the pandering to military companies.

Then the shock - He was re-elected. This shock turned into an irrational hatred of most Americans in some parts of the world usually favourable to the country. "I'm afraid of Americans" became a popular slogan.

Then the sad realisation - that not only has Bush become self-aware of his own shortcomings, he seems to play to them. People expect a train wreck & thats exactly what he offers them.

I can only hope he serves as a Warning to future generations on how not to run the presidency.

And I can only hope a chalk & cheese comparison with his replacement.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Umm, no. Just because others don't agree with his policy shouldn't constitute all the bashing. Also, these responses make me look like an idiot on here for trying to actually have a "real" political discussion.
    not with Bush involved.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I woulda cared about this but these things are really boring and I forgot about it. Maybe care enough to look into it later but I saw headline somewhere and it said something like Bush: I tried to make America better.

Shocker.

LTSmash, we've had civil politics discussion here before however.

Well I think it was civil.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    At first it was amazement - How could a Man with such an obvious lack of intelligence become one of the worlds most powerful men.

Then the anger - The lies around WMD's, the mission accomplished banner on an aircraft carrier, the pandering to military companies.

Then the shock - He was re-elected. This shock turned into an irrational hatred of most Americans in some parts of the world usually favourable to the country. "I'm afraid of Americans" became a popular slogan.

Then the sad realisation - that not only has Bush become self-aware of his own shortcomings, he seems to play to them. People expect a train wreck & thats exactly what he offers them.

I can only hope he serves as a Warning to future generations on how not to run the presidency.

And I can only hope a chalk & cheese comparison with his replacement.
    Ok, this I can work with.

I would first like to start off by saying that I'm neither a rep nor a dem, so I'm doing my best to look at this without any bias. However, I see things from a unique political point of view coming from a family which is real financially/economically savvy; so on the political spectrum I find this to be one of the main priority’s in a leader (along with many other things). I feel Bush did a decent job on in this area, coming from my knowledge and the hours of research I’ve done on the subject (I can elaborate later). I do/did not support Bush on 100% of his decisions. However I found that the man did have many good qualities and that he has made decisions that have played out in a positive way; with that he's had his many faults too; in which I have no problem discussing too, immigration being one of my biggest gripes in his presidency. This idea of him being a complete incompetent buffoon is nonsense and in all honesty one could not offer a balanced opinion of him just from listening to one news network's opinion or that a few celebrities. Lots of background research should be taken from a multitude of resources (I believe) to obtain a critical and balanced understanding. I can elaborate more on my thoughts of your quote in the meantime, but will need to leave for class now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I
    LTSmash, we've had civil politics discussion here before however.
    Well, I wouldn't want to revive an old thread and a lot has happened since summer of 2007. The idea of this was to open mindedly look back at the last eight years, start to finish, and have some decent discussion along with it.

Will there also be a "final address to the nation" from the real man in charge?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information