Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fires in Australia?!

Once again East coast australians.

hardtuned.net is putting together a charity cruise on sunday - from parramatta to terrigal up the coast to raise money for the red cross fire relief fund.

Please PM me for more information if your interested.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Forecast isn't too good for Sunday mate, might have to give it a miss. Will come out to the meet and say G'day and grab a few snaps though.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thanks mitch, If your on any bike forums feel free to spread the word.

Even if the weather is too rough to ride for you guys, a donation at the meetup would go a long way
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Where and when is the meet?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

You know, you could always offer him a ride in the Celica.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

**** the celica.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Man I hate images like that. "Mate". Like the whole country is overrun with bogans.
    And if you want to know the truth, Koala's are aggressive as shit, and they don't usually hold your hand.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    **** the celica.
    What are you driving in the cruise then?
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    Man I hate images like that. "Mate". Like the whole country is overrun with bogans.
    And if you want to know the truth, Koala's are aggressive as shit, and they don't usually hold your hand.
    I think it's a good carthartic exercise for some people though - in the hopelessness and complete lack of control that occurs with a fire - where mother nature is in charge - these CFA volunteers can somehow help something. anything.

As for "mate", if you don't like that expression I think we may have to revoke your citizenship
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Condolences to all who lost family and friends. I hope that they get rain and that the winds die down soon so all who are fighting the fires can get some much needed rest.

I guess this proved to be a hot date but you wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry, would you?

Guests had to run for cover as thick choking smoke and embers rolled across the vinyard where only minutes earlier the couple had exchanged vows.

It was one of three weddings thrown into chaos in the normally picture-perfect valley. More than 170 guests were ordered inside a cellar as fire approached De Bertolli Winery on the Melba Highway at Yarra Glen.

Photographer Eben Ventner said he couldn't believe what he was witnessing through his lens. "The hills in the distance were enveloped in thick coulds of soot, smoke and fire and then the manager bundled us unto the cellar," Mr Ventner said. A water bombing helicopter dumped water over the De Bortolli convention centre to stop embers from taking hold.

Another 80 wedding patrons and staff evacuated Immerse Winery, a neighbouring property, with fire ripping through an historic barn only minutes after a couple signed their wedding certificate. Guests and staff were ordered off the property only minutes after the couple tied the knot.

"The husband and wife fled to Yea township and spent their wedding night at the local pub sleeping on the gaming room floor."

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I already plan to donate at least 1/2 of it should I receive it.

Alternatively, I have no problem with the government using my portion of that handout to help victims of the Floods and Fires.
    Yep I'll support any measures to support the QLD and VIC victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    I don't get why they are giving money to people like me for no real reason, sure for people who are living on the edge but for people who work part time and still live with their parents then I think the money could be put to better use.
    Their not really looking at it like that. Just you work here have some money and spend it into the economy.
    It's very unusual to have a package ahead of a rescission, But that is what it is. I guess they are trying to limit that impact and keep it at a low. No-one wants to go back to the rescission we had to have day.

Stick in in your car or get yourself something you really need and couldn't afford before. Or pay some debts off. Debt repayments will help in the long run not just us but the lenders also - Which should help us.

No doubt the worst disasters in Australian history all at once have come at the perfect time. And that sounds so sick to say and write.
    But that package is perfect now - it will help rebuild the community's affected and no doubt kick start the economy hopefully out of a rescission.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

It's a terrible situation!!

People I know at Marsyville have lost everything but got out with their lives, I used to go there years ago when the brother lived there and ride through the forests, its a absolutley beautiful place but the amount of fuel around was incredible.

The whole town was either employed in the logging industry or tourism not sure how they will survive without wages coming in. There are still over 50 people unaccounted for in Marysville so the death toll will ge higher.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thread Information