Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some decent camaro ss reviews

some decent camaro ss reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - First Test of Chevrolet's all-new 2010 Camaro - Motor Trend

looks like a pretty decent all around car! definitely not a high performance sports car but as i begin to age into my twilight years (totally kidding im 24 almost 25) I have come to really appreciate a soft ride. I probably wouldn't take the new camaro out to the autocross course but it will be right at home on the drag strip as well as the road on the way to work.

it seats 4, has a decent trunk, it is relatively practical, it is decent looking, has an ok interior, the price is right, it is fast as hell, and its not too tough on the wallet gas-wise.

im sure you will agree with me when i say i wish it was a few hundred pounds lighter, but if you can make up for that weight with power and still get decent mileage then thats ok. I think the good from this car far outweighs the bad of this car.

whats your take (objectively please)
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

If it came to Europe at the right price I'd be interested, altough I'd have to test drive it.

At first only weight and size might put me off.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro - First Test of Chevrolet's all-new 2010 Camaro - Motor Trend

looks like a pretty decent all around car! definitely not a high performance sports car but as i begin to age into my twilight years (totally kidding im 24 almost 25) I have come to really appreciate a soft ride. I probably wouldn't take the new camaro out to the autocross course but it will be right at home on the drag strip as well as the road on the way to work.

it seats 4, has a decent trunk, it is relatively practical, it is decent looking, has an ok interior, the price is right, it is fast as hell, and its not too tough on the wallet gas-wise.

im sure you will agree with me when i say i wish it was a few hundred pounds lighter, but if you can make up for that weight with power and still get decent mileage then thats ok. I think the good from this car far outweighs the bad of this car.

whats your take (objectively please)
    (Haven't read the review yet) but from what you wrote I think that's a smart course to take with the car. The people who want all out performance are usually of the younger generation and probably don't have the funds to afford a car like this. By providing some comfort at least you get the baby boomers with deeper bank accounts that want a good all-around ride.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The things I've read all said basically what you just said; Nice car, not a full blown sports car but good competition for the Mustang, too bad it still has a live rear axle because that is an ancient suspension system.

I actually don't mind the car either. It is priced pretty good at around $26,995-$31,595 for the LS/LT, and $36,995-$40,995 for the SS. The engine choices are good, and the style is nice. I'm not too sure about the interior though, but overall I do like the car and I usually don't like anything from GM or Ford. But I can make an exception with this car. The rear seats are small though from what I've read.

I doubt I would buy the car. I'd rather go for one of the cars competitors, like the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, or the 370Z. But I do like the car.

I do agree with an article I read, that it's the right car at the wrong time. Here is a quote from an article... "The bitter part is the fear that current 21st-century realities will deny Camaro the success it deserves."

First drive: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Automotive Reviews: Sympatico / MSN Autos
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    The things I've read all said basically what you just said; Nice car, not a full blown sports car but good competition for the Mustang, too bad it still has a live rear axle because that is an ancient suspension system.
    it has an independant front and rear suspension.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I read a review by Jalopnik which was maybe the first on the web Friday night at 6 pm and they were of the opinion that the Mustang GT was better as was the G8 and this was sorta a compromise car.

For the Carpocalypse, we've got some pretty cool cars out now.

I've gotta read some more reviews though to get a better idea of how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    it has an independant front and rear suspension.
    I think he was referring to the Mustang, which, Road and Track proved, can outhandle quite a few sports cars - .93g s and 69.3 m.p.h. slalom speed.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Not bad at all, 0-60 in 4.7 is great performance while offering 4 seats and trunk. A huge improvement over previous generations, I'd actually consider one of these... maybe a used one in a few years

sounds like good news all round, well i guess they had a loong time to get it right
    even the V6 option seems to have plenty of go - 0-60mph in 5.9sec is quite respectable
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 03-23-2009 at 03:43 AM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    sounds like good news all round, well i guess they had a loong time to get it right
    even the V6 option seems to have plenty of go - 0-60mph in 5.9sec is quite respectable
    And we get it this year. Looks like finally Holden will have a 6 with some poke that will test slower V8's.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

no one bothers a body style 3/4 years old?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    no one bothers a body style 3/4 years old?
    Well there plenty of cars on the market with old style bodies...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I read a review by Jalopnik which was maybe the first on the web Friday night at 6 pm and they were of the opinion that the Mustang GT was better as was the G8 and this was sorta a compromise car.

For the Carpocalypse, we've got some pretty cool cars out now.

I've gotta read some more reviews though to get a better idea of how it is.
    that article was really telling. their assessment was that it was fast, but not interesting. the steering was horrible, the interior was nice but didnt offer very good visibility, and overall it wasnt an interesting drive. for a car that goes around the nurburgring as fast as it does, you would think it would be a driver's car.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well there plenty of cars on the market with old style bodies...
    re-elaborating: no one bother a car looking exactly like the concept that was unveiled 4 years ago, and that we are all used to?
    the answer is no, obviously, but we should. how can I be exited about its look? I already know it, I'm used to it, I wouldn't even turn my head to catch one after the first two or three seen in the wild.
    Ford did a better job with the Mustang, both with the standard and with the restyled one. Even if the resemblances with the respective concepts are evidents, there are still a lot of differences good to make you wonder how the production version will be, or which one you prefer, how did it make it to production and so on.
    and, yes, there are so many others, like the Fiat 500 and the 3+1 concept, or even the Brera and the 8C, or the Aston V8 Vantage, all the Audis...I'm bored.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information