Thread: Boycott - Water Pressure Machine (Inline Images)

Boycott - Water Pressure Machine (Inline Images)

(Thread needs inline images to tell the story, moderators can bite me )

So the car was absolutely NASTY and needed a good bath, I'm fed up with having to use my parents house to wash my car and I hate my community's water pressure machine since you're on a fight against time and can't really fill a bucket to properly wash your car with a sponge... On top of that, you have to pay 2 buck$, screw that. So I found a faucet behind some bushes against the wall of the building right across the street from the washing station, got me a 100ft long hose and now I can clean my car without a problem and taking as long as I want... (Until one of my lovely neighbors files a complaint).

Some pics:

Yes that's a bird turd on my car.

Bling Bling!!!

You could always find the shutoff where the waterline comes into your apartment and splice the piping after that to put in a hose connect. Then just run the hose out the window.

Looks clean btw.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Who's paying for the water you're using ?

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    My complex actually has a washing area for cars, free. And if I cared about my thunderboat at all, I'd totally use it.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Looks clean btw.
    Sure does, a very nice result

Due to ongoing water restrictions in my area its illegal to wash cars from your domestic water supply, not even with a bucket, and this has been the case for several years. There are quite substantial fines for those caught doing so. The only legit way to H2O your car hereabouts is via paying through the nose at commercial Car Wash outfits, where you (a) risk damage or (b) get a 2nd-rate result.

Of course by the time you've driven back home, your car is no longer clean enough to apply wax or polish without risk of grinding out the paintwork. Not a good situation for car enthusiasts, or for those of us who merely like to keep a clean car and/or maintain their valuable asset. And yet garden enthusiasts ARE permitted to water their plants!

Its a ridiculous situation

^^^^^ Park the car on the lawn/flower bed and wash the car ... anyone asks you are clearly "watering the plants"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^^^^ Park the car on the lawn/flower bed and wash the car ... anyone asks you are clearly "watering the plants"
    Haha. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Sure does, a very nice result

Due to ongoing water restrictions in my area its illegal to wash cars from your domestic water supply, not even with a bucket, and this has been the case for several years. There are quite substantial fines for those caught doing so. The only legit way to H2O your car hereabouts is via paying through the nose at commercial Car Wash outfits, where you (a) risk damage or (b) get a 2nd-rate result.

Of course by the time you've driven back home, your car is no longer clean enough to apply wax or polish without risk of grinding out the paintwork. Not a good situation for car enthusiasts, or for those of us who merely like to keep a clean car and/or maintain their valuable asset. And yet garden enthusiasts ARE permitted to water their plants!

Its a ridiculous situation
    not an issue here, half the state is still underwater
    just had the wettest april in 40 years! should send some water down.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Who's paying for the water you're using ?
    Water is included in my monthly condominium bill, and so is every neighbor's... So even if that faucet comes from one of my neighbors' pipes, their bill will be the same. I just hate the fact that they don't give you an option.... water is cheap anyway.

Thread Information