Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Ferraris of all time.....GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And yet you can have a 250 GTE or a 330 GT 2+2 for around 60.000€.
    More like 100.000€ - 150.000€

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    More like 100.000€ - 150.000€
    I've seen the twin headlamped Tjarda 330 GT 2+2 not that long for 60 grand here in Barcelona.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I've seen the twin headlamped Tjarda 330 GT 2+2 not that long for 60 grand here in Barcelona.
    In a dire need of restoration?

In a dire need of restoration?
    Nope. In good condition.
    Visca Catalunya!

Nope. In good condition.
    There has to be a catch then. General price range for 330 GT 2+2 is from 100k up to 135k.

Nope. In good condition.
    sure there actually was an engine or other mechanical parts inside?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

There has to be a catch then. General price range for 330 GT 2+2 is from 100k up to 135k.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    sure there actually was an engine or other mechanical parts inside?
    Well I only saw pictures of it, but it looked good. Of course I don't know how far it would've actually gone...
    Visca Catalunya!

It is funny how slight changes can make a car look so much better. Those slight changes on the Ferrari 355 F1 GTS really make it stand out.

Then there is the 599, which is great with its awesome with its long front with a v12 in it, but what is a 100x more awesome is the Mansory Ferrari 559 GTB, that this is like !

I forget what film I saw it in and then I saw a black one pull out of the little market down the street from my house and I am forever in love with it. It is just so freakin sexy how the wing curves into the body. Just by looks I would have to say this is the one if I could only choose one.

Then there is the 550 barchetta, I already loved it from pictures, but seeing it at a car show just set it in my mind as just pure awesomeness.

And then last, but certainly not least is the Testorossa, I love the 80s look on the ferrari, I was born in the 80s and there were some really bad trends, but the Testorossa was not one of them. And then come on, Magnum and the beginning title screen was like wow damn i would love to do that!

I do have to say an honorable mention would be the P4/5, that thing is awesome, to bad its a one off build. Though I think I would buy the first 5 and not replace any of them with this one.

For me though those 6 would be the ones I would buy from all the Ferrari's up to the current models. I'm not that hip on most the others, so until I see something else that I go wow awesome from them these would be the only ones I would buy.

1) 250 GTO - The pinacle of Enzo Ferrari's career. Probably the greatest sports car of all time.

2) 288 GTO - Completely different than it's namesake, this car probably shouldn't have carried the GTO badge for a variety of reasons, but that still doesn't keep it from being one of the most beautiful, sensual automobiles of all time.

3) 250 GT California - It can be an SWB or LWB, it doesn't matter to me. These cars have everything you could ask for in an automobile: beautiful styling, a convertible top, 12 cylinders, and engine music that will bring you to your knees.

4) 250 Testa Rossa - Beautiful Italian styling, light weight, great handling, acceleration, and the sound of those 6 Weber carbs feeding the glorious Columbo V-12.

5) 365 Daytona Sypder - All those Friday nights in my youth when I watched Miami Vice as they raced around town at night in that beautiful black Daytona really romanticized this car for me. Little did I know at the time that it was just a rebodied Corvette. Even so, I've still always wanted a copy of the real thing - a black Daytona Spyder with tan leather and gleaming chrome Boranni wire wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The reason why the 288 GTO has the GTO moniker was for the same reason why the 250 had it, because it was a car built only to homologate a racing car, which eventually never materialized due to changes in the rules, aka Group B was dead.

If there is a car which should have had a different name is the new 599 GTO, really no point for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    F50 - I haven't seen many more beautiful super exclusive cars than this one
    Even though you are very limiting in this statement, and this is a somewhat old post, it seriously calls into question your aesthetic judgment.

Couple this with your praise for the new California and I think we can invalidate your opinion.

I actually think the F50 is gorgeous in the flesh, better than the toher recent supercars from Ferrari, 288 GTO, F40 and Enzo, no doubt.

So Rob, you're not alone, we can check in in the same mental hospital, would be a blast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Even though you are very limiting in this statement, and this is a somewhat old post, it seriously calls into question your aesthetic judgment.

Couple this with your praise for the new California and I think we can invalidate your opinion.
    haha, don't mistake my praise for the california as me wanting one. I'm merely debating on the car's side, not interested in it personally. I'm still gonna buy a 360 modena . The F50 is one hell of a car. The curves and rounded lights on the 360 remind me a little bit of the F50. That's probably why I love it. Invalidate my opinion if you want, I'm not changing it to please anyone.

I actually think the F50 is gorgeous in the flesh, better than the toher recent supercars from Ferrari, 288 GTO, F40 and Enzo, no doubt.

So Rob, you're not alone, we can check in in the same mental hospital, would be a blast
    I'm down for a good mental hospital stint. Sounds like a plan . I'll never admit that we have bad taste though, because I still don't think its true lol.

The reason why the 288 GTO has the GTO moniker was for the same reason why the 250 had it, because it was a car built only to homologate a racing car, which eventually never materialized due to changes in the rules, aka Group B was dead.

If there is a car which should have had a different name is the new 599 GTO, really no point for that.
    You're right about the 288 Leon. Even though it was homologated for Group B racing, I still think some things should remain "sacred". In my humble opinion, the 250 GTO is an icon that should be allowed to stand on it's own.

This is not to knock the 288. It's my second favorite Ferrari ever, and it was such a cool car in it's own right that it would have also been nice if it had been given it's own model designation.

As for the 599 "GTO", I refuse to acknowledge it with that name. Ferrari needs to quit living on the legend of their past models and start creating some new legends. This 599 shows just how desperate Ferrari have become, and it doesn't need to be that way. They still make some remarkable automobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln79 View Post
    As for the 599 "GTO", I refuse to acknowledge it with that name. Ferrari needs to quit living on the legend of their past models and start creating some new legends. This 599 shows just how desperate Ferrari have become, and it doesn't need to be that way. They still make some remarkable automobiles.
    Couldn't agree more. 599 Scuderia would have been such a better choice, even more now that there isn't a racing variant of their front engined V12 sportscar like with the 575M.

Thread Information