Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VW + Porsche = Auto Union ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It will be more complex yes, but not that different, will it?

Unless the VW law hasn't been abolished yet. Has it?
    What's the law?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it wasn't different even before Porsche acquired VW, so...
    Explain, Leon.

I can imagine the European Union going all antitrust on them. They did that to Intel about a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What's the law?

Explain, Leon.

I can imagine the European Union going all antitrust on them. They did that to Intel about a week ago.
    the VW law prevented any major stakeholder to have more decisional power than Lower Saxony state who owns only 20%.
    or something.

About my point: VW&Porsche relationships were already established a lot of time ago, with Porsche family still owning (partially) and governing the company while also governing VW.
    So merge, acquisition or not, they are already quite tied.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

the VW law prevented any major stakeholder to have more decisional power than Lower Saxony state who owns only 20%.
    or something.

About my point: VW&Porsche relationships were already established a lot of time ago, with Porsche family still owning (partially) and governing the company while also governing VW.
    So merge, acquisition or not, they are already quite tied.
    So Porsche wouldn't have as large an influence as it could?

So why merge at all, as stated in your comment?

Much cheaper, and seemingly much easier too.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    So Porsche wouldn't have as large an influence as it could?

So why merge at all, as stated in your comment?

Much cheaper, and seemingly much easier too.
    the law is going to be dismissed by the European Union sooner or later.
    Then Porsche is a mass producer, more than 100.000 cars in 2007 (80.000 in 2008 iirc), therefore need to dilute their emissions with brands polluting way less. Also, models like the Panamera and the Cayenne would be much more remunerative massively sharing parts with VAG (as the Cayenne actually is). It's something they had already been doing, but with a takeover/merge it would be much easier.
    The merge was the solution to the 10 Billions $ debt of Porsche, raised while taking over VW.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    is there any significance of discussing the dealings of VW/ Audi/ Porsche in becoming Auto Union? yes and no. im not saying that i don't like the three companies, which i do like. its just that the fact that one car company takes over another car company, seems to me, that if you think about the WHOLE auto industry together, its all fueled by greed and nothing more than greed. all this is like in the early 20th century when GM had started to buy Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and so on and so forth. i have a feeling that its all going to go falling down and falling down HARD. just look at GM. becuase of their financial difficulties, they have to unfortunatley get rid of some of their companies. i have learned that GM is winding down to only THREE car companies which are Chevrolet, Cadillac and Buick. on VW/ Audi and Porsche's part, i feel that this is an unwise descision in my opinion. but then again, LeonoftheDead had brought out that " the merge was a solution to the 10 billion $ debt of Porsche, raised while taking over VW ". BUT i do still feel that its an unwise decsision for VW/ Audi and Porsche.
    Last edited by cargirl1990; 05-19-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    is there any significance of discussing the dealings of VW/ Audi/ Porsche in becoming Auto Union? yes and no. im not saying that i don't like the three companies, which i do like. its just that the fact that one car company takes over another car company, seems to me, that if you think about the WHOLE auto industry together, its all fueled by greed and nothing more than greed. all this is like in the early 20th century when GM had started to buy Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and so on and so forth. i have a feeling that its all going to go falling down and falling down HARD. just look at GM. becuase of their financial difficulties, they have to unfortunatley get rid of some of their companies. i have learned that GM is winding down to only THREE car companies which are Chevrolet, Cadillac and Buick. on VW/ Audi and Porsche's part, i feel that this is an unwise descision in my opinion. but then again, LeonoftheDead had brought out that " the merge was a solution to the 10 billion $ debt of Porsche, raised while taking over VW ". BUT i do still feel that its an unwise decsision for VW/ Audi and Porsche.
    I see what you mean, but consider that the VAG Group already exists, and it comprises VW, VW Commercial, Skoda, Seat, Scania and Audi, which in turn owns Lamborghini, Bugatti and Bentley (maybe Bentley is owned directly by VW, don't care atm).

So adding Porsche isn't that revolution seriously.

And the companies are already collaborating since...ever.

The dimension of a company such GM always appeared as a huge problem if not the main one. On the other hand there were smaller groups having bigger issues with just 3 brands, like Fiat Group during the nineties (Fiat+Alfa Romeo+Lancia).
    The key is management, and it was a bad one if we consider GM.
    VAG and Porsche on the other hand have solid managements and therefore VAG is capable of selling the same car under 4 different brands and still don't cannibalize the sales (almost). The car being the Golf/A3/Leon/Octavia.

I see what you mean, but consider that the VAG Group already exists, and it comprises VW, VW Commercial, Skoda, Seat, Scania and Audi, which in turn owns Lamborghini, Bugatti and Bentley (maybe Bentley is owned directly by VW, don't care atm).

So adding Porsche isn't that revolution seriously.

And the companies are already collaborating since...ever.

The dimension of a company such GM always appeared as a huge problem if not the main one. On the other hand there were smaller groups having bigger issues with just 3 brands, like Fiat Group during the nineties (Fiat+Alfa Romeo+Lancia).
    The key is management, and it was a bad one if we consider GM.
    VAG and Porsche on the other hand have solid managements and therefore VAG is capable of selling the same car under 4 different brands and still don't cannibalize the sales (almost). The car being the Golf/A3/Leon/Octavia.
    can you explain to me on how GM " cannibilized the sales? " i knew that they were sharing their cars, such as platforms of their cars, but why would they become the German GM so to speak.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    can you explain to me on how GM " cannibilized the sales? " i knew that they were sharing their cars, such as platforms of their cars, but why would they become the German GM so to speak.
    I didn't say that, but it's correct.
    exaggerated example: look at a Saturn Sky, and then at a Pontiac Solstice.
    what the difference? The badge.

I wonder why people learnt nothing from BL.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I didn't say that, but it's correct.
    exaggerated example: look at a Saturn Sky, and then at a Pontiac Solstice.
    what the difference? The badge.
    ohhhh, i should of known...
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information