Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New kid on the block.

New kid on the block.

Very nice site. Very nice cars. Anyway I've got a 1990 ZR-1 Corvette I've owned for the last two years with 65,000 original miles on the clock. I've pushed it to its limits and know what its capable of. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when the opportunity came up to buy it. Luck is good.

Bone stock ran 12.87sec@112 in the 1/4 mile
    Last edited by rhipsher; 06-01-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    How would I describe myself?
    Three words - hardworking, alpha male, jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable.

Welcome to UCP.
    Good shots too, but perhaps in future you should be using the attachment system, (which will make your shots permanent here).
    Somebody will surely ask you to produce an "eggnog" test, which is basically a shot of a piece of paper with your user name ("rhipsher") attached to the gear shifter of the car. It is considered as an inbuilt safeguard against 15 year old kids who come and claim that they own a Ferrari GTO or Nissan GTR, you get the point...
    Interestingly to have Corvette without the acclaimed OHV engine, but with, what we Europeans mostly think, the real thing...What made you decide to go for that?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

12 seconds stock, not bad at all for a car of that age! hell not bad for a car of any age
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Welcome to UCP.
    Good shots too, but perhaps in future you should be using the attachment system, (which will make your shots permanent here).
    Somebody will surely ask you to produce an "eggnog" test, which is basically a shot of a piece of paper with your user name ("rhipsher") attached to the gear shifter of the car. It is considered as an inbuilt safeguard against 15 year old kids who come and claim that they own a Ferrari GTO or Nissan GTR, you get the point...
    Interestingly to have Corvette without the acclaimed OHV engine, but with, what we Europeans mostly think, the real thing...What made you decide to go for that?
    Eggnog test already done.

Love that ride, sir. Though the C4 is a pretty awful stylistic exercise the ZR-1 (with hypen ) is a damn potent machine. It's good to see you properly thrash it, too.

Cameron, I will end you if you talk about pushrods.
    Welcome to UCP.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...llenge-34.html
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
    Eggnog test already done.
    my bad
    You prepared your entry perfectly
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I guess my reasoning for going with the ZR-1 was only 6,939 were made. And the unique design and engineering that went into the LT-5 motor. After all itm is a Lotus engine. DOHC 4 cam 32 valve. No push rods to get bent. I've had it up to 179mph for long periods road racing and it didn't even break a sweat. I guess thats part of the reason it takes 12 quarts of oil. I consider it a poor mans Ferrari Testarossa. If it was built in Italy it would have cost twice as much.

Welcome, fantastic car.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I guess my reasoning for going with the ZR-1 was only 6,939 were made. And the unique design and engineering that went into the LT-5 motor. After all itm is a Lotus engine. DOHC 4 cam 32 valve. No push rods to get bent. I've had it up to 179mph for long periods road racing and it didn't even break a sweat. I guess thats part of the reason it takes 12 quarts of oil. I consider it a poor mans Ferrari Testarossa. If it was built in Italy it would have cost twice as much.
    sounds very reasonable and indeed the rarity makes it desirable, plus it can obviously deliver.
    You may receive some flak from LS2 supporters regarding the line I put in bold, but I assume you may have had some of these discussions yourself.

sounds very reasonable and indeed the rarity makes it desirable, plus it can obviously deliver.
    You may receive some flak from LS2 supporters regarding the line I put in bold, but I assume you may have had some of these discussions yourself.
    Most corvette owners are curious when they see it. They remember seeing it in magazines when it first came out. But have never seen one in person. I know how the chevy guys and the ford guys don't like each other much so you can just imagine what they think when the see a 1968 Ford Mustang parked right next to the Z in my garage. They think I'm a damn trader.

Most corvette owners are curious when they see it. They remember seeing it in magazines when it first came out. But have never seen one in person. I know how the chevy guys and the ford guys don't like each other much so you can just imagine what they think when the see a 1968 Ford Mustang parked right next to the Z in my garage. They think I'm a damn trader.
    It's a good kinda treason.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Do you take being called a "lateral thinker" as a compliment? (I would)

It's late in the states so I'm going catch some Z's sorta speak. Hehe! Thanks for the welcome and I look forword to talking again soon.

It's late in the states so I'm going catch some Z's sorta speak. Hehe! Thanks for the welcome and I look forword to talking again soon.
    it is lunchtime in Bishkek.....ttyl.

Nice car indeed.

Welcome.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information