Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New member w/my car pics

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i wish i had been around the last few days, would have gotten in this thread in a second...

banshee, was that you i talked to at Laguna in december? going 3 wide with the green Z, the GTR, and my G coming out of turn 11 was one of the best moments i've had in my car. if only i could keep up. i will attest to the speed of that Z. amazingly fast.

welcome to the site, and i look forward to seeing you post here, and out at the track.
    cmcpokey, hello and thanks!! I don't know if that was me you talked to. I was there though. You probably talked to Greg or Craig. Greg owns the green Z and the GTR. Craig was driving the GTR that day most of the time. That was a good time at laguna seca in december. Except one of our other friends totalled his shelby mustang on the 2nd day.

You know that we were there with Green Flag. But since then Green Flag has been cancelling most or all the events we would have gone too with them. The economy has sucked them down with drivers and they can't fill the events enough. So the past few events we have been going with Track Masters Racing Association. Track Masters has over 4000 members to draw from so they fill events easier. I will try to remember and let you know when we go back to Seca. But i think it will be a while from now. The next event I go too will be at Sears Point and I think that is in November, but that will be my debu with my 240Z.

Is that green Z not insane or what? On the 2nd day at Seca in december he virtually had that track all to himself the last few sessions. Most everybody else had left already. It was beautiful & glorious!!
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

____________________________________________________________________________

We are all going to the same destination, just on different roads to get there.

yeah, i guess i talked to both of those guys. it was a good day, except for almost stuffing it in 5 after a complete brake failure. i was gone before the mustang crashed, but heard about it a few weeks later.

sucks about green flag, but there haven't been many track days scheduled at all. i am hoping to get out this summer at some point, maybe even up at Infineon, but there's not a lot of dates out there. ive looked at track masters, but havent quite figured them out, how to register or anything. seems to be a bit hard to break in to.

and i want that Z. but not as much as i want Rob Fuller's green 510 at Z Car Garage.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

got's vids on youtube.

I forgot these existed, sorry. This one is from May 27, 2009 at Laguna Seca.
    Their are a whole string of them. They are all with my buddies 240z & GTR. My Z was not ready for this day, regretably. But you all should enjoy them, they are done by a pro.

[ame="http://r.youtube.com/watch?v=MJzmcFAWY4I"]YouTube - Greg S | '70 Datsun 240Z & '09 Nissan GTR Side by Side Video | Laguna Seca[/ame]
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    yeah, i guess i talked to both of those guys. it was a good day, except for almost stuffing it in 5 after a complete brake failure. i was gone before the mustang crashed, but heard about it a few weeks later.

sucks about green flag, but there haven't been many track days scheduled at all. i am hoping to get out this summer at some point, maybe even up at Infineon, but there's not a lot of dates out there. ive looked at track masters, but havent quite figured them out, how to register or anything. seems to be a bit hard to break in to.

and i want that Z. but not as much as i want Rob Fuller's green 510 at Z Car Garage.
    Yeah i read your story about your near miss & great save, good job!! That's how shelby mustang guy crashed. He came into the starting grid to get his nephue in for a ride. As he was helping him strap in he had his foot on the brake pedal without realizing it. The calipers got heat soaked, he takes off like a bat out of hell with nephue intact. Through turn 1 and down to 2 at 100mph all ready, time to brake, uh oh!!! Went right into and through the gravel and all the way across field and on into the tire barrier. Pushed the tire wall in 3 or 4 feet and the shelby was done for good. Very sad!! Everybody okay though. I hear he will have another shelby ready soon.

Summer at infinion can be brutal because of the heat. That's why we won't be out at the track untill the fall. And it's supposed to be October at infinion, not November.

Yes, Rob Fuller, I know him from the Scott Performance days when he used to work there for my friend Greg.
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

Thread Information