Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    It's winter here. And it's damn cold.
    freak.... defying mother nature.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    It's winter here. And it's damn cold.
    How could could New Zealand ever get?

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I kind of arrived on the tail end of (or after) this surge of postingness so I can't really say, but I think it's just people growing up. That generation of UCPer has moved on. Either from home to college, from home to work, or from college to work and doesn't have the same time/patience anymore to peruse these forums.
    That goes for me anyway. The lazy days of high school are long gone now and two jobs, a study and multiple websites of myself don't really combine with regular posting here

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    How could could New Zealand ever get?
    I highly doubt it's as cold as it is for you in NY or me in TO in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I highly doubt it's as cold as it is for you in NY or me in TO in winter.
    I dunno, some Australians go skiing sometimes within their island/continent. And New Zealand has some pretty high mountains, so I don't want to assume for the hell of it, because I assumed for Australia and got proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I dunno, some Australians go skiing sometimes within their island/continent. And New Zealand has some pretty high mountains, so I don't want to assume for the hell of it, because I assumed for Australia and got proven wrong.
    The average low in Wellington in July is 6 degrees, the average low in NY in January is -3, the average low in Toronto in January is -7.

Hmm, the average high in January in Wellington is only 13 degrees - how unpleasant. Also, a very small variance in temperature. I'd rather take a colder winter but get a nice summer like we do in Southern Ontario and the Northeastern US.

The average low in Wellington in July is 6 degrees, the average low in NY in January is -3, the average low in Toronto in January is -7.

Hmm, the average high in January in Wellington is only 13 degrees - how unpleasant. Also, a very small variance in temperature. I'd rather take a colder winter but get a nice summer like we do in Southern Ontario and the Northeastern US.
    I actually kind of prefer a cold winter-cool summer thing. I prefer summers at 60ish and winters at 0 or so. I could translate those to your weird and quite probably evil temperature system, but I'm lazy. Unfortunately I have trouble finding places with weather like that, aside from alaska but then you have the bird sized mosquitos and I think the neighbors would get annoyed if I built a 6 foot tall bug zapper.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I've seen the snow and ice in Lord of the Rings. We know how it gets

So in a thread that seriously asks the question why the forums are not so lively anymore, people have now commenced discussing winter weather in New Zealand. This greatly contributes to the answer to the question of the first poster. Thank you guys and girls.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    So in a thread that seriously asks the question why the forums are not so lively anymore, people have now commenced discussing winter weather in New Zealand. This greatly contributes to the answer to the question of the first poster. Thank you guys and girls.
    Yes it does.

It was given as an answer that summer was responsible for the traffic being a little bit lower than usual on UCP, as people have better things to do than sit on their computer posting about cars on a car forum while the temperature outside is lively and inviting.

Roentgen contributed to this thread by saying that, in his hemisphere, as you probably know already Pieter, it is winter. This brought a new perspective to this thread as people from the Southern Hemisphere should be posting more as people from the Northern Hemisphere do in winter, right? Assuming this, the traffic should remain the same then? Wrong. Another perspective added. There are more people coming from the Northern Hemisphere visiting this board.

So in this thread we have:

a) answered the question the OP originally asked;
    b) discovered the vast majority of visitors on this forum are from the Northern Hemisphere (not that we had doubts, but we confirmed the fact anyway - we like facts on here)
    c) as a bonus, we also discovered there is indeed snow in New Zealand. I didn't know that. As a result I am more knowledgeable.

We never went off-topic.

What's the problem Pieter? Is there a problem with people being more knowledgeable now?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I like that on UCP being "off-topic" is as common as in everyday conversations. Which is why I post here and not everywhere else.
    And writing this, I'm not off-topic too.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Yes it does.

It was given as an answer that summer was responsible for the traffic being a little bit lower than usual on UCP, as people have better things to do than sit on their computer posting about cars on a car forum while the temperature outside is lively and inviting.

Roentgen contributed to this thread by saying that, in his hemisphere, as you probably know already Pieter, it is winter. This brought a new perspective to this thread as people from the Southern Hemisphere should be posting more as people from the Northern Hemisphere do in winter, right? Assuming this, the traffic should remain the same then? Wrong. Another perspective added. There are more people coming from the Northern Hemisphere visiting this board.

So in this thread we have:

a) answered the question the OP originally asked;
    b) discovered the vast majority of visitors on this forum are from the Northern Hemisphere (not that we had doubts, but we confirmed the fact anyway - we like facts on here)
    c) as a bonus, we also discovered there is indeed snow in New Zealand. I didn't know that. As a result I am more knowledgeable.

We never went off-topic.

What's the problem Pieter? Is there a problem with people being more knowledgeable now?
    In all your wisdom you overlooked that the original poster is from South Africa. If you don't know where that is, check google maps.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    In all your wisdom you overlooked that the original poster is from South Africa. If you don't know where that is, check google maps.
    I know perfectly well were South Africa is, thank you. No need to be arrogant.

That changes nothing to my point though. I stated the vast majority of members who visit this forum are from the Northern Hemisphere, and it is summer in the Northern Hemisphere. Thus the answer "it's summer that's why the forum is slow" still applies, even with the OP living in South Africa.

It doesn't matter at all where he's from.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Pieter, I reckon we'd already had the answers that were based on fact.
    So time to move to "fantasy" ...... other forums just lock the threads about now

Haha, yeah, everyone thinks things are worse where they are. Some people say they have bad traffic jams. Wait till you come to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I actually kind of prefer a cold winter-cool summer thing. I prefer summers at 60ish and winters at 0 or so. I could translate those to your weird and quite probably evil temperature system, but I'm lazy. Unfortunately I have trouble finding places with weather like that, aside from alaska but then you have the bird sized mosquitos and I think the neighbors would get annoyed if I built a 6 foot tall bug zapper.
    We get pretty large mosquitos here too. We get West Nile as well. I'm surprised I haven't seen the spray trucks yet, considering we got rain 20 days out of 30 June days. Rain = kindergarten for little mosquitos. Not cool.

And I like it cool as well. It's not the heat that annoys me though, it's the humidity that I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I've seen the snow and ice in Lord of the Rings. We know how it gets
    That's exactly why I know there's snow in New Zealand. The special features are always fun in DVDs.

Damn it, I paid $20 for it, I better get my money's worth!

Thread Information