Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UK police replacing the Imprezas with Lexus IS-F cruisers

well stated ras.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    and this is where you fail. with 10 grand you can build a very fast mustang or camaro that can outrun a cop car. hell even the ricer civics can do 140+. the guys that have cars like this are the ones that will be driving excess speeds, and also these are the same guys that will run... grandmothers in their lincoln are not who the cops are worried about.
    Fail???? How?????

I was talking about everyday commuter cars that are as affordable as a Dodge Charger R/T. I beleive you can get one, if you look hard enough, for about $23,000 - $24,000.

Build a fast mustang and/or camarro for $10,000 ( I don't know what 10 grand means)??? What in the world are you talking about? How many commuters have $10,000 to put in a car for the purpose of trying to outrun a cop car?? I would generally consider anyone who does something like this, very suspect
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 07-30-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Yes, they are saying they are not able to keep up with some cars, hence the need for the Z06 that are now being used. I count some LEOs as friends, and I associate with them on a private basis.

I do not like to address my own circumstances, but I would let you know that I come from a poor yet loving family. I have paid my dues, and I have become successful where others have not. I have given more than I have received, and I will continue to do so till the day they lay me to rest in the same ground that the hobo lies in.

Your feeble attempts at lecturing, and general grasp of the world that you display is naïve at best. You bear the mark of inexperience, and I am not seeking to offend you.

As you have ignored my previous posts, I will refer you back to them. I see no point in repeating myself.

I present them not as the norm. I present them as examples. Another example of you continuously ignoring the response while repeatedly focusing on your message.

Thank you for not considering me a common man, although that is what I am. If you wish to think of my supercharged Mustang GT as exotic, then that is your choice.

--

With this I will leave this discussion. Arguing on the internet is seldom fruitful, and I see no point in continuing under these circumstances.

Have a good day, Sir.

You take offense too quickly. Maybe growing a tough skin would be helpful here. Nothing I have said was meant to hurt anyone. If there is anything I said that is untrue, then tell me. I am all ears.

I am yet to see a cop driving a Z06 as you have proclaimed. If such a Z06 exists, then it is in the minority, and it is probably a Z06 seized from drug dealers or for some federal offense. As you well know, when the feds seize certain property under certain offense in a locality, the cops in that locality sometimes get to keep some or all of the seized property, if the local cops were involved with the operation.

I cannot verify if you have given more than your fair share to those around you or not, or if you are poor or not. As far as I am concerned, anyone who is able to afford over $4,000 in forced induction systems for a car, and of which all cars depreciate in value, is simply a rich person, because why throw the extra money on a material that depreciates. Why did you not give the money for the forced induction system to charity, since you claim you have given so much to others?? I am confused here.

In my inexperience (perhaps i am a 12 year old owner of a G-35 Coupe), which i humbly admit, i ask relevant questions, and i get no tangible or convincing response from you. My questions have not been adequately answered. Why???????????

I have a hard time considering you an ordinary man, especially with what you do with the money you have---buying expensive forced induction systems with money that can be used to feed and aid the poor and lame that live among us. I am even more confused now.

Since you give so much, can you send me $300 so that i can buy 4 new fuel injectors for my Nissan B13??? It is my little hot rod and it has been sputtering for the last 3 days. It needs the tender love and care that lots of money can provide. As a poor man, i have to choose between buying new tires for my G-35 Coupe and buying fuel injectors for my B13. Can you help a brother out??
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 07-30-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    Fail???? How?????

I was talking about everyday commuter cars that are as affordable as a Dodge Charger R/T. Build a fast mustang and/or camarro for $10,000 ( I don't know what 10 grand means)??? What the hell are you talking about? How many commuters have $10,000 to put in a car for the purpose of trying to outrun a cop car?? I would generally consider anyone who does something like this, very suspect
    how much do you have into your car? you said you have a 2007 6MT, so that means at least 33k for purchase, then with the mods you have, about another 2k? so thats 35 grand, excuse me $35,000.00.. and you are saying people dont have 10 grand? what are you on? why do you keep arguing?

and im not talking about commuters. i am talking about people like you who have fast cars, and are willing to risk their, and others lives by trying to out run the cops. people that are reasonable will pull over and take the slap on the knuckles, but thats not the half a percent these pursuit vehicles are procured for.

for being a supposed tuner, you really know nothing about the tuning world.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    You take offense too quickly. Maybe growing a tough skin would be helpful here.

I am yet to see a cop driving a Z06 as you have proclaimed. If such a Z06 exists, then it is in the minority, and it is probably a Z06 seized from drug dealers or for some federal offense. As you well know, when the feds seize certain property under certain offense in a locality, the cops in that locality sometimes get to keep some or all of the seized property, if the local cops were involved with the operation.

I cannot verify if you have given more than your fair share to those around you or not, or if you are poor or not. As far as I am concerned, anyone who is able to afford over $4,000 in forced induction systems for a car, and of which all cars depreciate in value, is simply a rich person, because why throw the extra money on a material that depreciates. Why did you not give the money for the forced induction system to charity, since you claim you have given so much to others?? I am confused here.

In my inexperience (perhaps i am a 12 year old owner of a G-35 Coupe), which i humbly admit, i ask relevant questions, and i get no tangible or convincing response from you. My questions have not been adequately answered. Why???????????

I have a hard time considering you an ordinary man, especially with what you do with the money you have---buying expensive forced induction systems with money that can be used to feed and aid the poor and lame that live among us. I am even more confused now.

Since you give so much, can you send me $300 so that i can buy 4 new fuel injectors for my Nissan B13??? It is my little hot rod and it has been sputtering for the last 3 days. It needs the tender love and care that lots of money can provide.
    alright, you are starting to frustrate me. first off read this thread: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...g-picture.html

second, for someone that has money invested in aftermarket on his car, i would think you would understand putting money in your car. especially when your car stock costs more than his with all of his mods.

actually. i am betting you have none of these cars you claim to have. please, so i can take you out of the poseur category, conduct an egg-nog test on your G35. then read everything that rasmus posted in his earlier posts, and then come back and act like a big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    how much do you have into your car? you said you have a 2007 6MT, so that means at least 33k for purchase, then with the mods you have, about another 2k? so thats 35 grand, excuse me $35,000.00.. and you are saying people dont have 10 grand? what are you on? why do you keep arguing?

and im not talking about commuters. i am talking about people like you who have fast cars, and are willing to risk their, and others lives by trying to out run the cops. people that are reasonable will pull over and take the slap on the knuckles, but thats not the half a percent these pursuit vehicles are procured for.

for being a supposed tuner, you really know nothing about the tuning world.
    I have never run from a cop before and i have no reason to do so. I am not sure why you suggest that people like me try to outrun cops. I wonder where you got that from.

How do you know i know nothing about the tuning world?? Do you know that I was born with an adjustable wrench on my right hand, and spark plugs on my left hand??? I can change tires with my left foot alone.

Well, I got on my knees, prayed hard, and one day, my Fairytal Godmother appeared in my room, handed me the key to my car, and asked me to go to any infiniti dealership to pick up a car of my choice. I had to clean my ears and eyes three times, in disbeleif, when all of this was ocurring. Thank you Fairytale Godmother. You are too sweet
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 07-30-2009 at 06:48 PM.

this thread got too far off topic. did some house cleaning. now everyone can be back on good behavior.

Surely a IS-F cop car will outrun the aforementioned Chargers? The IS-F has similar power to a SRT-8, but weighs less, is more aerodynamic and has a better 'box.

getting back to the original point of the thread

im really impressed the LEXUS IS-F will be used by the police force !

i really hope the local police here in Dubai use this car...with the mercedes E-class and BMW 5-series they already have hahaha

and really the IS-F does look gorgeous in that pic
    Xbox360 Gamertag: UAE BOSS
    PS3 ID: UAE

Quote Originally Posted by uknown View Post
    getting back to the original point of the thread

im really impressed the LEXUS IS-F will be used by the police force !

i really hope the local police here in Dubai use this car...with the mercedes E-class and BMW 5-series they already have hahaha

and really the IS-F does look gorgeous in that pic
    Which engines do the E-Klasses and 5s have?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeno52 View Post
    Surely a IS-F cop car will outrun the aforementioned Chargers? The IS-F has similar power to a SRT-8, but weighs less, is more aerodynamic and has a better 'box.
    This is true. However, budget, long and short run maintenance costs, etc, are also factors to be considered by any police force when buying these cars. My thoughts are that the SRT-8 would be cheaper all around. I am not certain about this. Just a thought.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    [QUOTE=G35COUPE;898022]This is true. However, budget, long and short run maintenance costs, etc, are also factors to be considered by any police force when buying these cars. My thoughts are that the SRT-8 would be cheaper all around. I am not certain about this. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

its cheap because it has tupper ware interiors, and it ain't the original. and becuase its a Chrylser
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    its cheap because it has tupper ware interiors, and it ain't the original. and becuase its a Chrylser
    The police models have highly modified interiors. For a cop car, tupperware interior is actually pretty desireable, that way you can hose it out after some guy spits/pees/pukes or worse all over the place.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    The police models have highly modified interiors. For a cop car, tupperware interior is actually pretty desireable, that way you can hose it out after some guy spits/pees/pukes or worse all over the place.
    yeah i guess. but is it good for people who don't have a profession in police work? no.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    yeah i guess. but is it good for people who don't have a profession in police work? no.
    Well, my dream jeep would have a bedlinered interior. Of course that's more for mud, but it does come in usefull since I'm quite often the designated driver and drunk people don't do so well in bouncy vehicles for some reason.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information