Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: UK police replacing the Imprezas with Lexus IS-F cruisers

replying to f6fhellcat13

im not really sure of the engine models but i think the 5 series is a 530i since the model badges are stripped off....

they also have got GMC Tahoe, Toyota Fortuner and also Nissan Pathfinder just in case the pursuit goes off-road and into the sand dunes
    Xbox360 Gamertag: UAE BOSS
    PS3 ID: UAE

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Well, my dream jeep would have a bedlinered interior. Of course that's more for mud, but it does come in usefull since I'm quite often the designated driver and drunk people don't do so well in bouncy vehicles for some reason.
    i can see that for Jeeps, but Chrysler's and Dodge's. no thank you. i don't trust a Chrysler product for everyday driving.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    i can see that for Jeeps, but Chrysler's and Dodge's. no thank you. i don't trust a Chrysler product for everyday driving.
    But, Jeeps are a Chrysler product these days, even if wwgkd's is an AMC product (for some reason I assume it's early '80s).
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    But, Jeeps are a Chrysler product these days, even if wwgkd's is an AMC product (for some reason I assume it's early '80s).
    yeah but Chrysler is a LUXURY BRAND. not a basic, affordable brand. its supposed to be competition for Buicks and Cadillacs and the like. and i know those companies do better than Chrysler can.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    It's a YJ which debuted in the 80's but mine is a '94, the 2nd to last year of production for the square headlight jeeps.

yeah but Chrysler is a LUXURY BRAND. not a basic, affordable brand. its supposed to be competition for Buicks and Cadillacs and the like. and i know those companies do better than Chrysler can.
    I've been in a 300C limited and it compared pretty well to the Buicks I've been in. It's just the stripper base model that isn't that great. Remember the 300C won more awards from car magazines than any other car sold in north america.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Chrysler isn't a luxury brand, really.
    Buick is a wannabe luxury brand.
    Cadillac...I don't know, perhaps it's a luxury brand by North American standards, even if I have to say they improved a lot with the recent line-up.
    Chrysler just isn't what you said.

PT Cruiser, Neon.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

am i overgeneralizing again with my ignorance?
    PINGAS!!!!

am i overgeneralizing again with my ignorance?
    No, you just got screwed by a bit of chrome and ads.
    I like the 300 (300C over here) and it's surely a good competitor for the other cars of the segment, but honestly, it's a generation behind the competition.
    From all points of view except its quality which is rather good. It costs less, it has less useless stuff, and its less wannabe-the-cool-old-daddy.
    Which can be good, depending on your point of view.

If you think to the rest of their line-up...luxury isn't really contemplated.
    I can't even say MB is really a luxury brand, but it's surely is some steps above Chrysler.
    If Cadillac is a luxury brand, does Chrysler even look like Cadillac? I don't think so, and I'm still wondering what's the purpose of the Buick brand these days.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    No, you just got screwed by a bit of chrome and ads.
    I like the 300 (300C over here) and it's surely a good competitor for the other cars of the segment, but honestly, it's a generation behind the competition.
    From all points of view except its quality which is rather good. It costs less, it has less useless stuff, and its less wannabe-the-cool-old-daddy.
    Which can be good, depending on your point of view.

If you think to the rest of their line-up...luxury isn't really contemplated.
    I can't even say MB is really a luxury brand, but it's surely is some steps above Chrysler.
    If Cadillac is a luxury brand, does Chrysler even look like Cadillac? I don't think so, and I'm still wondering what's the purpose of the Buick brand these days.

well, Buick and Oldmobile had the same purpose: entry level luxury brand.
    thats why they killed Oldsmobile!!
    PINGAS!!!!

I think Wiki puts it well: Chrysler is a near-luxury brand that competes with Buick.

I was just looking at Chrysler's line up and it is very, very sad. They have the PT Cruiser which is a joke and has nearly been axed several times, the Town and Country which is a more expensive and slightly more luxurious Dodge Caravan that makes no sense, the Sebring which is frankly garbage, and the 300 which made sense when it came out but is now not so great with gas prices and the recession. Chrysler the division, has no good cars.

Now I shall check Dodge... Avenger - crap. Caliber - crap. Charger - fat, bad on gas, not really good. Challenger - cool, but I'd heavily bet it sells less than the Camaro and Mustang and is fat and bad on gas and introduce about 10 years after it woulda been optimal to do. Viper, pretty good, the ACR proves that the Viper has it going on but it was gonna be sold and no buyers brought enough to the table so I think that speaks to how well it's doing - I don't really see any new Vipers but I see tons of new Corvettes.

So Dodge really doesn't have any successful cars either. Then there's the trucks. Nitro - unbelievable crap. Journey - I guess they figured they'd cash in on the crossover thing but when there's the Caravan too... Caravan I'd say is good but I think minivans make sense for families but people are too dumb to buy them and buy/bought SUVs instead. Maybe the economic crisis/gas prices will make things come back to the minivan a bit soon, I dunno; or maybe Dodge has it right with the Journey and the minivan will die off. Durangos don't sell and no longer make any sense, the Ram is worst in sales of in the Big Three truck war, and the Sprinter is a commercial vehicle.

As for Jeep, I don't know much about them but I don't think SUVs are a good thing right now or when the economy picks up and gas prices skyrocket again... But then again, looking at their numbers, they only had a -2% daily sales rate decrease in US sales in July 2009 over July 2008 so either they aren't losing out badly, or things were bad enough this time last year and they somehow didn't get worse.

Looking at all these cars makes me think Fiat is making a big mistake buying Chrysler and that Chrysler really needs some new stellar product if it intends to survive into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I think Wiki puts it well: Chrysler is a near-luxury brand that competes with Buick.

I was just looking at Chrysler's line up and it is very, very sad. They have the PT Cruiser which is a joke and has nearly been axed several times, the Town and Country which is a more expensive and slightly more luxurious Dodge Caravan that makes no sense, the Sebring which is frankly garbage, and the 300 which made sense when it came out but is now not so great with gas prices and the recession. Chrysler the division, has no good cars.

Now I shall check Dodge... Avenger - crap. Caliber - crap. Charger - fat, bad on gas, not really good. Challenger - cool, but I'd heavily bet it sells less than the Camaro and Mustang and is fat and bad on gas and introduce about 10 years after it woulda been optimal to do. Viper, pretty good, the ACR proves that the Viper has it going on but it was gonna be sold and no buyers brought enough to the table so I think that speaks to how well it's doing - I don't really see any new Vipers but I see tons of new Corvettes.

So Dodge really doesn't have any successful cars either. Then there's the trucks. Nitro - unbelievable crap. Journey - I guess they figured they'd cash in on the crossover thing but when there's the Caravan too... Caravan I'd say is good but I think minivans make sense for families but people are too dumb to buy them and buy/bought SUVs instead. Maybe the economic crisis/gas prices will make things come back to the minivan a bit soon, I dunno; or maybe Dodge has it right with the Journey and the minivan will die off. Durangos don't sell and no longer make any sense, the Ram is worst in sales of in the Big Three truck war, and the Sprinter is a commercial vehicle.

As for Jeep, I don't know much about them but I don't think SUVs are a good thing right now or when the economy picks up and gas prices skyrocket again... But then again, looking at their numbers, they only had a -2% daily sales rate decrease in US sales in July 2009 over July 2008 so either they aren't losing out badly, or things were bad enough this time last year and they somehow didn't get worse.

Looking at all these cars makes me think Fiat is making a big mistake buying Chrysler and that Chrysler really needs some new stellar product if it intends to survive into the future.
    agree. i can rant about Chrysler forever...
    PINGAS!!!!

entry level luxury brand.
    This is an oxymoron.

It makes sense sorta. It's entry level for a luxury car manufacturer, but I think we've found the better term - near-luxury.

It makes sense sorta. It's entry level for a luxury car manufacturer, but I think we've found the better term - near-luxury.
    heres my term: no luxury.
    PINGAS!!!!

So instead of entry level supercar it's a near-supercar?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information