Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To be sold in Japan European Honda Civic Type R Hatch

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    That would be scary fast----really fast, in those tiny 1990s model hathcbacks.
    yep. RICER LUDICROUS SPEED FAST.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

That would be scary fast----really fast, in those tiny 1990s model hathcbacks.
    been there done that . The old ones were easy to make fast. My '92 cx put more than three car lengths between 99-04 gen V6 mustangs and me on the highway. Max speed was 220 km/h (136.7 mph). Mind you it had a stock 2.2L from a prelude, but again it only made around 160 - 170 horse, compared with the new civic's nearly 197.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    been there done that . The old ones were easy to make fast. My '92 cx put more than three car lengths between 99-04 gen V6 mustangs and me on the highway. Max speed was 220 km/h (136.7 mph). Mind you it had a stock 2.2L from a prelude, but again it only made around 160 - 170 horse, compared with the new civic's nearly 197.
    You are preaching to the choir here. Trust me, I know. Even in my G-35 Coupe, I sometimes try to avoid those older ricer hatchbacks when they rev up behind me or by my side. You never know which one is goner give you a run for your money.

You are preaching to the choir here. Trust me, I know. Even in my G-35 Coupe, I sometimes try to avoid those older ricer hatchbacks when they rev up behind me or by my side. You never know which one is goner give you a run for your money.
    lol its funny because its true . Not all of them are D17 SOHC non vtec with fart cans and ebay bodywork. Weight savings are where they truly shine though. Without stripping anything out of the car, I was able to grab ahold of either rear fender and lift that wheel off the ground by a couple centimeters, and I'm no heavy weight champion.

Your G35 with one of their engines would probably go from 0 - 60 mph in a minute lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    lol its funny because its true . Not all of them are D17 SOHC non vtec with fart cans and ebay bodywork. Weight savings are where they truly shine though. Without stripping anything out of the car, I was able to grab ahold of either rear fender and lift that wheel off the ground by a couple centimeters, and I'm no heavy weight champion.

Your G35 with one of their engines would probably go from 0 - 60 mph in a minute lol.
    the early 90s hatches can be easily tuned to be stupidly fast. there were a few prepared ones i have autoxed with, and they will go faster than 95% of what's there. not pretty but thats not the point. most of these were stripped bare inside though. just a seat, a wheel, shifter, and a few gauges.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

heres some ricers...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PINGAS!!!!

Last one actually looks pretty bitchin. But then I always have liked a giant engine sticking out of a small car.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Last one actually looks pretty bitchin. But then I always have liked a giant engine sticking out of a small car.
    what really baffles me, and makes me laugh, is how these ricers got their hands on such huge exhuast tips.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    this one made me giggle, even though it's all functional
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

haha, that is sweet. Do want.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

the first and the last Civics wwgkd, had Corvette V8's in them.
    PINGAS!!!!

is the first one that civette guy? black EK over a C5 running gear?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    is the first one that civette guy? black EK over a C5 running gear?
    Is that the guy who was on that speed reality show? I'd still rather have a mini than a civic. Never really have liked civics, and minis are built from epic and win.
    Big cities suck

im not sure guys.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    the early 90s hatches can be easily tuned to be stupidly fast. there were a few prepared ones i have autoxed with, and they will go faster than 95% of what's there. not pretty but thats not the point. most of these were stripped bare inside though. just a seat, a wheel, shifter, and a few gauges.
    They are an absolute joy to drive. I love the feeling of flicking around a light little car. Its almost effortless, and of course that screaming little engine pulling you forward is a blast to tromp on as well. You don't have to feel guilty about mashing the crap out of them because if they break, its not much of a loss and parts are more common than credit card debt, although generally way cheaper!

Thread Information