Thread: Ducati 848 Dark

Ducati 848 Dark

I think Rob needs to buy this.

It will retail for 1k USD less than the normal 848 somehow apparently.

Only one pic for now.

Ducati 848 Dark #1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yup, the Dark versions are the cheaper too.
    Nowadays matte black may seem way too common, but it's a sort of trademark for these Ducatis.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

For 3 grand less get a Gixxer 750 and ride the faster bike
    AND it'll work when it rains .... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-GG9lhKjXM"]YouTube- May Moto Guzzi Monologue[/ame]
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    For 3 grand less get a Gixxer 750 and ride the faster bike
    I wish either Ducatis were better and cheaper, or Japanese bikes looked as good as Ducatis.

Sadly, we don't live in a world where that's the case and Ducatis current crop are gorgeous and the Japanese are bleh to meh.

hmmmm, what GSX bikes you seen and in what colours ?
    Ducati are no longer "good looking". MV, Aprilia and even Benelli took that "Italian-style" away from them a long time ago.
    The Trellis chassis and the V-twin are now "meh" on the tech front too as Duc drop 'em in favour of "normal" layouts/designs to compete in real racing

But the beauty of all vehicular transport -- each to his/her own .... otherwise the world woudl be a very boring place and driving/riding woudl be no fun
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    hmmmm, what GSX bikes you seen and in what colours ?
    Ducati are no longer "good looking". MV, Aprilia and even Benelli took that "Italian-style" away from them a long time ago.
    The Trellis chassis and the V-twin are now "meh" on the tech front too as Duc drop 'em in favour of "normal" layouts/designs to compete in real racing

But the beauty of all vehicular transport -- each to his/her own .... otherwise the world woudl be a very boring place and driving/riding woudl be no fun
    MV's F4 is ugly - terrible dated looking front fascia with single headlight (yuck) are nasty, the RSV4 is an intriguing bike but I hate the triple headlights, I despise Benellis looks all round.

I've seen GSX-Rs in person, probably 1000s and 600s in the classic blue/black/white scheme. Nice paint job, but I typically prefer monotones and I also really hate the pointy, single headlight nose on the GSX-R.

Of the big 4 litrebikes I'd say the CBR is best looking, followed by the R1, then duking it out for last the Ninja and Gixxer, and none of them come close to an 1198 which is the most beautiful modern bike (maybe most beautiful bike of all time) for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    MV's F4 is ugly - terrible dated looking front fascia with single headlight (yuck) are nasty, the RSV4 is an intriguing bike but I hate the triple headlights, I despise Benellis looks all round.

I've seen GSX-Rs in person, probably 1000s and 600s in the classic blue/black/white scheme. Nice paint job, but I typically prefer monotones and I also really hate the pointy, single headlight nose on the GSX-R.

Of the big 4 litrebikes I'd say the CBR is best looking, followed by the R1, then duking it out for last the Ninja and Gixxer, and none of them come close to an 1198 which is the most beautiful modern bike (maybe most beautiful bike of all time) for me.
    I have to agree with all of this

I think Rob needs to buy this.
    I concure .

If only I didn't have other priorities at the moment.

Thanks for posting, Cam!

"Real bikers" woudl disagree only joking.
    Each to their own.

SOudns like you guys get the crappy old styles just like with decent cars.
    THE GSX-R ....

F4 ..

Sex on two wheels .. the best kind

BUT in terms of in the flesh my favourite memory is of a Ducati rider in his new desmosedici "posing" at the cafe on the Isle of man. I was one of the fair sized crowd having a look and chat ... adn THEN an MV pulled up. side by side the Duc just looked like it was trying-too-hard to be cool whereas the F1 had it.
    Suddenly the Duc guy was on his own with tumbleweed blowing past in the wind

Yeah one of the BIG issues for a biek designer is getting a nice light setup that works and STILL give an efficient route for the air to the intakes.
    R1 has teh sexiest adn imho the Honda SP1/2 the ugliest with it's big gaping basking shark mouth
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-10-2009 at 01:14 PM.

What super-/litrebikes would you most be interested in then Matra?

Have you owned any bikes, and if so, which?

I think the new F4 looks worse than the previous model, I'm disappointed.
    The softness of the whole style doesn't cut it with the squared air intakes and exhausts.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

"softness" ? hmmmm not as brutal as the CC for sure, but that was scary look like it would cut you if you lent on the wrong place Am looking forward to seeing the new F4 "in the flesh" as they'll be on IoM for sure.
    Likewise I'm not too sure of the exhaust shapes ... think the designer has taken things too far there

For me the BEST all round bike is the Honda Blackbird XX
    A pussycat when touring and a simple weight shift and it's VERY sharp steering.
    OODLes of torque for the easy stuff and revs and power for the fun bits.
    The previous gen Kwak ZZR was also a favourite for the same reason.

Honda VFR is just such a good bike but then they went and did the Vtech thing and not a great success. Will be borrowing the new one for a weekend in the spring for sure.

I'd love to be able to ride an R1, it really is SO sharp and easy to flick in and out of the twisties and LOTS of power but ... you have to be a short-arse, skinny bloke to be comfortable on one

WHere the GSX-R comes in. Has the performance without too much of the compromises.

Bandit owner/rider. Pics of it at Isle of Man have been posted often if you wanna see it.

The beauty of bikes and riding with mates is we often switch bikes especially whenever thinking of changing. Name and I've ridden it ... scariest one was the ZX-12 which was a MONSTER and ugliest the Hayabusa .. just couldn't feel good riding something so ugly.
    Makes me look bad

Thread Information