Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last two drives of 09 (Lamborghini, Viper, Ferrari,etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    You're thinking small. Buy/start a team and race in a series. That's what true ballers do.
    Then it shall be done...

Shit, I'll need investors. Rob, you got this?

ohh boy. Whats my return?

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    ohh boy. Whats my return?
    How about a drive?

hahah. Its not going to be much of an income generating asset until(if) it gets going. I may have to let someone else step in to do the dirty work first, so I have time to see how it goes.

hahah. Its not going to be much of an income generating asset until(if) it gets going. I may have to let someone else step in to do the dirty work first, so I have time to see how it goes.
    You run a tough card. Here's a counter offer... co-managing partner.

I don't know how to get a racing team started. This is where it would pay to hire someone with experience.

I don't know how to get a racing team started. This is where it would pay to hire someone with experience.
    I hear Flavio Briatore is in need of some work.

maybe you should reconsider this type of investment, and perhaps move your capital into dividend paying stocks that have withstood the test of time, or better yet an apartment building in a good area? racing sounds risky

maybe you should reconsider this type of investment, and perhaps move your capital into dividend paying stocks that have withstood the test of time, or better yet an apartment building in a good area? racing sounds risky
    I'll stick to the original plan of speculating oil futures. Once my bid cashes we'll resume talk of a racing team.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I'll stick to the original plan of speculating oil futures. Once my bid cashes we'll resume talk of a racing team.
    haha a gambler. tisc tisc. I suppose resources are never a bad game. I wouldn't do that for much else though . I own oil and pipelines too, but they're in the form of stocks that pay divs to shareholders monthly or quarterly. Its a good way to do it if you want to compound your investments without you always having to physically contribute on your own.

haha a gambler. tisc tisc. I suppose resources are never a bad game. I wouldn't do that for much else though . I own oil and pipelines too, but they're in the form of stocks that pay divs to shareholders monthly or quarterly. Its a good way to do it if you want to compound your investments without you always having to physically contribute on your own.
    Yeah, I've decided the traders route vs. the long term investors. Pray I don't blow up.

Went to Manhattan last month and spent some time with a few traders. Really sold me on the fast money over the slow, secure stuff. Don't get me wrong, long term is smart and safe (plus div's payout is always a nice orange in the stocking) but I'm out for something else. Just need good math knowledge and a hard head and I should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What do you care what other people think?

Drive what's best. If it's a Ferrari so be it - who cares about the image? You also wouldn't be a poser, you'd know your shit.

It's also good that you reaffirmed that the 355 is bomb, as this is clearly the case.
    I can see why he wouldn't want one. But I couldn't blame anyone for choosing one. It's the same that happens with BMWs at a slightly cheaper scale.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yeah, I've decided the traders route vs. the long term investors. Pray I don't blow up.

Went to Manhattan last month and spent some time with a few traders. Really sold me on the fast money over the slow, secure stuff. Don't get me wrong, long term is smart and safe (plus div's payout is always a nice orange in the stocking) but I'm out for something else. Just need good math knowledge and a hard head and I should be good to go.
    Thats really cool man. For me, trading sounds too stressful, because you constantly have to go to bed at night second guessing yourself, and hoping that you made the right move. Speculation was never one of my fortes, so I buy proven companies that share profits with their shareholders. Its a comfortable way to go about doing things. The nice part is, as profits go up, a lot of the time so do the dividends. Of course, in a downed market, that can also go backwards. But, the point is there's a cashflow. Its the same way a house can drop in value one year, but you wouldn't care, because your tenants are still paying you the rent. Income is what I look for. Then reinvest it to grow the asset faster.

Speculation was never one of my fortes, so I buy proven companies that share profits with their shareholders. Its a comfortable way to go about doing things. The nice part is, as profits go up, a lot of the time so do the dividends. Of course, in a downed market, that can also go backwards. But, the point is there's a cashflow. Its the same way a house can drop in value one year, but you wouldn't care, because your tenants are still paying you the rent. Income is what I look for. Then reinvest it to grow the asset faster.
    I like you're thinking. You know, you should really consider PWM (private wealth management). Some guys I go to school with just got hired by Goldman Sach's PWM department and they have the same thinking you do. You would do well in that.

Plus you're into the whole client relations right?

I like you're thinking. You know, you should really consider PWM (private wealth management). Some guys I go to school with just got hired by Goldman Sach's PWM department and they have the same thinking you do. You would do well in that.

Plus you're into the whole client relations right?
    That sounds awesome. What school are you in?

Thread Information