Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last two drives of 09 (Lamborghini, Viper, Ferrari,etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    That sounds awesome. What school are you in?
    I'll PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I can see why he wouldn't want one. But I couldn't blame anyone for choosing one. It's the same that happens with BMWs at a slightly cheaper scale.
    I'm glad you obliquely recognize yourself as BMW driving scum.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Ferrer's right. BMW (E30 M3 excluded) is for noobs. A BMW driver is like a Lamborghini driver, the only difference is a BMW driver a smaller wallet and a slightly larger penis.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Ferrer's right. BMW (E30 M3 excluded) is for noobs. A BMW driver is like a Lamborghini driver, the only difference is a BMW driver a smaller wallet and a slightly larger penis.
    So what do you propose as an alternative for someone looking for a sport luxury car?

Benz? Audi?

They are worse than BMW in every way.

BMW drivers may be douchebags, but the cars that BMW make are amazing.

So what do you propose as an alternative for someone looking for a sport luxury car?
    Eh, I just say get an older Porsche for the same price.

Eh, I just say get an older Porsche for the same price.
    You're such a fanboy but that's besides the point.

A Porsche is pretty pretentious as well - not so much an older one I suppose though.

That being said, a BMW has a degree of practicality that a 911 doesn't have really. Even the 3 has actual back seats.

And what the hell, I've just reread your past post saying all BMWs but E30 M3s are for noobs. The E39 is a totally bomb car. As are many BMWs.

Datsun!!!
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

You're such a fanboy but that's besides the point.

Dammit, I was being facetious. You should know I'm no fanboy.

That being said, a BMW has a degree of practicality that a 911 doesn't have really. Even the 3 has actual back seats.
    Back seats are for kids. Kids are annoying and loud. Back seats + kids = annoying trip.

And what the hell, I've just reread your past post saying all BMWs but E30 M3s are for noobs. The E39 is a totally bomb car. As are many BMWs.
    Once again, tongue and cheek.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    It's true, I am. I feel a much better person in the Lancia.

Benz? Audi?

They are worse than BMW in every way.

BMW drivers may be douchebags, but the cars that BMW make are amazing.
    That's the problem. Objectively BMWs are the choice. Subjectively you've got other options, if you aren't bothered by a less than perfect driving experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    Datsun!!!
    They start at 45 grand here...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    Datsun!!!
    Fanboy.

I read a comparison on a 0-60 or something of a 335i and a G37 and it basically came down to the G37 being the car you'd buy on a budget, but the 335i being the better car. The only reason I'd take the G37 over the 335i is because screw turbos.

Dammit, I was being facetious. You should know I'm no fanboy.

Back seats are for kids. Kids are annoying and loud. Back seats + kids = annoying trip.

Once again, tongue and cheek.
    Pff you claim not to be a fanboy but whenever Porsche is brought up it's all GT3RS this yadda yadda down with Ferrari etc.

Denial is the first sign...?

It's true, I am. I feel a much better person in the Lancia.
    Woah woah woah. Don't go saying things you can't take back.

That's the problem. Objectively BMWs are the choice. Subjectively you've got other options, if you aren't bothered by a less than perfect driving experience.
    It's ok, the BMW you drive is a diesel, so you're pretty far from perfection, and in your world imperfection is character, so the Bimmer has great character... it's an oil burner that should be gasoline!

Wait I think I've just exposed a paradox. You like imperfect cars, you view diesels as imperfect but dislike them. You should love them! They are flawed and you can't have as much fun driving them! +10 points!

They start at 45 grand here...
    Europefail.

Pff you claim not to be a fanboy but whenever Porsche is brought up it's all GT3RS this yadda yadda down with Ferrari etc.

Denial is the first sign...?
    I like the GT3RS, what's your deal? There's no sense being a dick about it and I didn't provoke you nor did I staple you as a stereo-type (fanboy).

What do you need from me? A list of all non-Porsche's that I like, there's plenty so lay off.

the man can't help that he has taste
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I like the GT3RS, what's your deal? There's no sense being a dick about it and I didn't provoke you nor did I staple you as a stereo-type (fanboy).

What do you need from me? A list of all non-Porsche's that I like, there's plenty so lay off.
    Hahah relax man, I thought you knew I was just grinding your gears. I expected a playful response - there's a lot you can nail me for, my driving of (and love of) an old Plymouth Voyager for example.

No harm intended. I know you're not a fanboy, I also know pokey isn't a fanboy but it's fun to call him one.

Ferrer though, he's just an idiot and has no taste. Seriously a diesel and a Lancia!?

Hahah relax man, I thought you knew I was just grinding your gears. I expected a playful response - there's a lot you can nail me for, my driving of (and love of) an old Plymouth Voyager for example.

No harm intended. I know you're not a fanboy, I also know pokey isn't a fanboy but it's fun to call him one.
    It must be my low tolerance for bullshit transferring to the keyboard.

That or it's that time of the month again. I just got some Midol for the cramps.

Woah woah woah. Don't go saying things you can't take back.
    It's true. Altough what a joy to drive it. Whenever I go pick up the gf at work there's a right-left-right series of corners which you can take at a bit of speed usually (80-90km/h). And the 1er is so brilliant, changes direction like a fly and goes where you point with the steering. It feels so alive and comunicative.

So if you don't mind looking like a wanker, a BMW is your choice.
    It's ok, the BMW you drive is a diesel, so you're pretty far from perfection, and in your world imperfection is character, so the Bimmer has great character... it's an oil burner that should be gasoline!

Wait I think I've just exposed a paradox. You like imperfect cars, you view diesels as imperfect but dislike them. You should love them! They are flawed and you can't have as much fun driving them! +10 points!
    Actually quite the opposite.

Objectively diesel is brilliant. Good performance and no fuel consumption at all whatsoever. Even if you drive like a lunatic. So it feels cold and clinical and has obviously no character because it's all efficiency.

However is having no character a flaw and as a reult characterful in itself...? That'd be a proper paradox.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information