Thread: Licensing Procedures

Licensing Procedures

Where you're from what must you go through to recieve the privelage to drive? In Kentucky, USA, once you turn 16 you must first take and pass your permit test(multiple choice test), this means you can drive with one person in the car and that person must be 21 years of age or older. After 6 months you may try for your license(drivers test). What is it like where you're from?
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

here in england you cant drive until you are 17, a few weeks before you are 17 you can apply for your provisional which allows you to go out training with an insructor or someone who allready holds a licence. then when you are 17 you have to take a theory test which you have to score atleast 30 out of 35 i think. it is judged on thins like hazzards in the road that you have to distinguish on a screen

then you go out with the instructer, you are allowed 5 minor falts or 2 major falts i think, if you go over that then you automatically fail.

after this if you want you can do a thing called pass plus which is an advanced driving licence, alot of young people do this because it makes there insurance alot cheaper.

then you have to get the car you want to use on the road, you have to start with something really shit because today i looked at how much it would cost me to insure a 1991 BMW 3.18 with no modifications, me as the only driver and doing limited mialage. it would cost me £5623 to get insurance on that and most compaines wouldnt give me a quote

anyway that is the story of the british

BTW i am 16 the insurance thing was just out of interest
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

cool cool, I'm 19 and my insurance is $1100 every 6 months. I don't even need to think about it dropping until I turn 25

Glad you brought that up Mustang, what about insurance as well? The price i just listed was full coverage me as the driver with all the discounts possible, and a clean record(knock on wood).
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    After 6 months you may try for your license(drivers test). What is it like where you're from?

Here in Florida used to be 6 months and they changed it to 1 year.

In Venezuela if you don't have time for this kind of stuff just go and pay them like US $50 and you'll get yourself a license (no exam needed) LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    you are allowed 5 minor falts or 2 major falts i think, if you go over that then you automatically fail.
    Close. Upto 15 minors, no majors. So if you get a major fault or 16+ minors, It's game over (though they probably won't tell you till you get back to the test centre) but if you get what they call a dangerous fault then mister examiner will ask you to pull over and get out, so he can drive you both back.

For what it's worth, I got 35/35 on my theory test and 4 minors on my first (and final) practical test.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Close. Upto 15 minors, no majors. So if you get a major fault or 16+ minors, It's game over (though they probably won't tell you till you get back to the test centre) but if you get what they call a dangerous fault then mister examiner will ask you to pull over and get out, so he can drive you both back.

For what it's worth, I got 35/35 on my theory test and 4 minors on my first (and final) practical test.

well i wasnt sure on that part, my mates sister went for her driving test a few weeks ago, when she was pulling out of the examiners car park she hit the curb and ended up 1/2 way in the road with oncoming traffic (quite far off ) comming at her. Guess what FAIL
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

In Canada every province has a different licensing system. In Ontario we have graduated licensing, when you turn 16 you can get your G1 license (written test only) , this means you can drive if someone who has 5+years experience driving is ridding shotgun. after 12 months of that (or 8 if you take drivers ed) you can go for your G2 test (road test only). After you have your G2 for a year, you can do another road test and get your G (full license, what I have) Each level of the test cost money, and you only have 5 years to do all the levels, otherwise you start all over from the begining. Once you have your G you just need to renew it every 5 years and get a new picture taken (which also costs money)

As for insurance, It costs me about $480.00 Canadian a quarter, as first driver on a '94 Plymouth Sundance and second driver on a '00 Honda Civic EX 4 door and an '02 Acura EL (sold only in Canada Basically a 4 door Civic with a beter engine with V-TEC, different head/tail lights and bumpers, loaded interior, leather, all-wheel disc brakes, nice rims, gold Acura badges, et cetera) Currently the 'Dance is off insurance (and the road), and the Hondas are my parents cars.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Thread Information