Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Mini One D

2009 Mini One D

So, I (finally) picked up my new Mini yesterday afternoon. Completely different car than the Clio it replaces. Much better built, more comfy, quiet etc. Due to the weather I'm not driving it all that much at the moment. I just saw another Mini in the ditch just around the corner here, don't want my new car to end up like that one.
    I love the color, it's called Horizon Blue and it's pretty rare. Rare = good. Most Mini's now are pepper white.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good. Congratulations!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Congratulations.

How's the fuel consumption?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Can't really comment on the fuel consumption yet. When I picked it up it was at 9,2l/100km . It's down to around 6 at the moment, I've only driven 80km or so. I can see it easily go down to 5l. The rated 3,9l/100km seems highly optimisc though, except on the highway maybe.

They even gave me a gift. It came with an iPod interface that I didn't order!

congrats and welcome to the mini owner's club.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

BMW 1/2 series...
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Congrats on your new ride. So, when you are you gonna start adding more power to it? The earlier you get it done, the more the car will get used to it. I understand you can add close to 15 or more horses to those things.

^ i'd be more interested in the torque gains, this being the diesel one yes?
    you're right about colour.. never seen one in that colour! congrats on new car.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

In any case, this is the 90bhp version and there's a 110bhp version with the same engine. So probably performance gains are just a flick of a switch away.
    Visca Catalunya!

Great 'little' car, i'm looking for a cooper D at the moment, is the Mini really worth the price?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Great 'little' car, i'm looking for a cooper D at the moment, is the Mini really worth the price?
    Short answer, yes.

Long answer, well it rather depends what do you look for in a car.

I'm sure fellow Mini (ex)drivers will agree with that.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    heh i see what you did there
    agreed it's not really little but it's still a compact car! haha
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    Congrats on your new ride. So, when you are you gonna start adding more power to it? The earlier you get it done, the more the car will get used to it. I understand you can add close to 15 or more horses to those things.
    Not sure if I'm going to do any mods right now. The car is financed through a sort of leasing. So I'm not sure if I can actually do anything to it right now. And I don't need the extra tax and insurance cost at the moment. We already pay through the nose for that. My insurance is €1400/year for this little bugger. Once you go over 90bhp insurance rates go up a lot for younger drivers (I'm only 23, almost 24).

The difference between this one and the Cooper D is indeed software and apparantly a smaller intercooler. But it can easily go to +110bhp.

Is it worth it ? Yes and no, it gets really expensive, really fast. You're quickly in BMW 1-series territory especially when you get a Cooper S or JCW and add some options (my car's pretty basic and got over 5k in options). A JCW is absolutely not worth it IMHO. Cooper D is awesome value though.
    As for the driving experience, even the cheapest 75hp One petrol is a hoot.

As for the speed difference between this one and my Clio.. The clio had 107bhp. It was quicker of the line and to 100. But in-gear acceleration is superior in the Mini. So on a daily basis it's probably as quick or even quicker. All that with a fuel-sipping engine.
    Haven't pushed it yet though, dangerous roads at the moments and I'm not going to push it for the first 2000km.

Comfort is great, I'm on 15" wheels right now. I'm probably going to get 16" or maaaaaybe 17" wheels in the summer. I drove one with 16" wheels, which was comfortable as well. I have my doubts about 17 inchers.
    The new R56 mini is much more comfortable than the older R50 though.
    Last edited by Lagonda; 12-21-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Short answer, yes.

Long answer, well it rather depends what do you look for in a car.

I'm sure fellow Mini (ex)drivers will agree with that.

Hum, well i do want a car just for me and my wife, no kids on the way, it's going to be a 2 or 3 door car, i can't afford a RWD 120d Coupe so i thought about the best FWD, the Mini.

We're also looking for the C30 1.6D and the new Megane 3 door 1.5dci.

-Sorry for the hijack!-
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Not sure if I'm going to do any mods right now. The car is financed through a sort of leasing. So I'm not sure if I can actually do anything to it right now. And I don't need the extra tax and insurance cost at the moment. We already pay through the nose for that. My insurance is €1400/year for this little bugger. Once you go over 90bhp insurance rates go up a lot for younger drivers (I'm only 23, almost 24).

The difference between this one and the Cooper D is indeed software and apparantly a smaller intercooler. But it can easily go to +110bhp.
    Isn't yours a 1.4 and the cooper a 1.6?
    Also, a 'chiped box' can get you to the 110hp mark without much fuss, these ppl seem competent enough. Chiptuning Fahrzeug Datenbank

Thread Information