Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Mini One D

Hi there,

I am a bit concern about the noise of the diesel. What is your opinion? How it compares to the petrol model?

Are you aware of the coming facelift? According to Mini press release 14 (or 15) January 2010 (New Year, New Power) the petrol models will undergo a facelift which will provide a bit more power and better Co2 especially for the MINI One Mini Minimalism models. Do you know if the facelift will touch the Diesel model too?

I watched the pics of you car ..wooow the colour is really nice. What accessories did you get with it?

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by LarryMan View Post
    Hi there,

I am a bit concern about the noise of the diesel. What is your opinion? How it compares to the petrol model?

Are you aware of the coming facelift? According to Mini press release 14 (or 15) January 2010 (New Year, New Power) the petrol models will undergo a facelift which will provide a bit more power and better Co2 especially for the MINI One Mini Minimalism models. Do you know if the facelift will touch the Diesel model too?

I watched the pics of you car ..wooow the colour is really nice. What accessories did you get with it?

Thanks a lot
    I don't think the noise is all that annoying. It sure isn't a VAG diesel. It's pretty quiet even at 140+ km/h. I have no idea how it compares to a petrol Mini since I've never driven one. But it sure is a LOT quieter than my 1.6 petrol Renault Clio 2 I had before. Especially at highway speeds.

It does seem to get noisy above 3750rpm but that's pretty irrelevant. Torque starts pretty down low. I haven't pushed the little engine yet because I'm still in my break-in period.

If you can choose between the One and the One D. I would definately choose for the One D. It blows the One petrol out of the water and can keep up with a petrol Cooper with in-gear acceleration. It loses out with 0-100 sprints but those are completely irrelevant in everyday driving. Torque and in-gear acceleration is what counts.

As far as I know the facelift only touches the petrol models. They're not changing the diesels. The changes are small except for the Mini One which is going back to a 1.6L unit instead of a 1.4. They seem to be a lot cleaner though those new engines (EU5 emissions compliant).

I'm not sure that this so called "facelift" is bringing any modifications to the exterior/interior. Maybe the new Navigation system interface ? I can't seem to find anything on that subject.

So all in all, the facelift is rather minor. But maybe worth waiting for if you were to go for a petrol model.
    ____

The colour I got is called Horizon Blue. It's a pretty rare colour.

Options I got:

Pepper package:
    - 15" aluminium wheels
    - Alarm system
    - light-package
    - 2nd key
    - passenger seat with adjustable height
    - leather steering wheel
    - front fog lights
    - on board computer
    - velvet carpets
    - storage package
    - anti theft wheel bolts
    - manual airconditioning
    - chrome line exterior
    Radio Boost
    multifunctional sports-steeringwheel with cruise control
    Sportsseats half-leather cream
    Colour line cream
    Chrome mirrors
    white turn-signals
    rain- and lightsensor
    iPod interface

Just like a BMW you get 4 wheels and a steering wheel and everything else is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    I don't think the noise is all that annoying. It sure isn't a VAG diesel. It's pretty quiet even at 140+ km/h. I have no idea how it compares to a petrol Mini since I've never driven one. But it sure is a LOT quieter than my 1.6 petrol Renault Clio 2 I had before. Especially at highway speeds.

It does seem to get noisy above 3750rpm but that's pretty irrelevant. Torque starts pretty down low. I haven't pushed the little engine yet because I'm still in my break-in period.

If you can choose between the One and the One D. I would definately choose for the One D. It blows the One petrol out of the water and can keep up with a petrol Cooper with in-gear acceleration. It loses out with 0-100 sprints but those are completely irrelevant in everyday driving. Torque and in-gear acceleration is what counts.

As far as I know the facelift only touches the petrol models. They're not changing the diesels. The changes are small except for the Mini One which is going back to a 1.6L unit instead of a 1.4. They seem to be a lot cleaner though those new engines (EU5 emissions compliant).

I'm not sure that this so called "facelift" is bringing any modifications to the exterior/interior. Maybe the new Navigation system interface ? I can't seem to find anything on that subject.

So all in all, the facelift is rather minor. But maybe worth waiting for if you were to go for a petrol model.
    ____

The colour I got is called Horizon Blue. It's a pretty rare colour.

Options I got:

Pepper package:
    - 15" aluminium wheels
    - Alarm system
    - light-package
    - 2nd key
    - passenger seat with adjustable height
    - leather steering wheel
    - front fog lights
    - on board computer
    - velvet carpets
    - storage package
    - anti theft wheel bolts
    - manual airconditioning
    - chrome line exterior
    Radio Boost
    multifunctional sports-steeringwheel with cruise control
    Sportsseats half-leather cream
    Colour line cream
    Chrome mirrors
    white turn-signals
    rain- and lightsensor
    iPod interface

Just like a BMW you get 4 wheels and a steering wheel and everything else is optional.
    so you have to pay to get a second key??? The spare is certainly something flimsy too or not at all present and you'll have to pay for the anti-leak foam....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    so you have to pay to get a second key??? The spare is certainly something flimsy too or not at all present and you'll have to pay for the anti-leak foam....
    Actually I think you do get a second key for free. This one is a second key with a REMOTE function. It's in the package that everybody adds anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Actually I think you do get a second key for free. This one is a second key with a REMOTE function. It's in the package that everybody adds anyway..
    and what about the spare tyre?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Ours didn't have one, I guess space is quite cramped in it and if you have runflats...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Ours didn't have one, I guess space is quite cramped in it and if you have runflats...
    ....which will totally ruin the handling of your car....

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    ....which will totally ruin the handling of your car....
    No, it doesn't. The ride does suffer though.
    Visca Catalunya!

Spare tire is an option. I got a tyre-fix kit. Nor do I have the runflats. I got regular tyres.
    If I really need a new tyre there's always MINI Assitance which is free for 5 years.

No, it doesn't. The ride does suffer though.
    I prefer to have some grip in the wet, less sensitivity for small road irregularities, less tire noise.

I don't care much about go-cart type of handling.

I prefer to have some grip in the wet, less sensitivity for small road irregularities, less tire noise.

I don't care much about go-cart type of handling.
    The Mini already has a go-kart behaviour though, runflats or not. The short wheelbase and lively rear end easily make up for that. It's a riot in the mountains but sometimes it can be a bit of handful. I'd say that it's one of the best handling cars I've ever driven, and certainly the best handling front driver.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Mini already has a go-kart behaviour though, runflats or not. The short wheelbase and lively rear end easily make up for that. It's a riot in the mountains but sometimes it can be a bit of handful. I'd say that it's one of the best handling cars I've ever driven, and certainly the best handling front driver.
    I beg to differ.

The tires are the most important component of any suspension system. Hence, there is a difference between brick like self-supporting runflats and regular tires with some side wall flex.

I think Mini with tire flex is even more fun than one with runflats.

I beg to differ.

The tires are the most important component of any suspension system. Hence, there is a difference between brick like self-supporting runflats and regular tires with some side wall flex.

I think Mini with tire flex is even more fun than one with runflats.
    i had both runflats and regular tires on mine, and it really didnt matter much for handling. the regular tires were nicer on the highway, but only barely. for autocrossing the runflats provided much better turn in, but the regular provided a tad more grip. so pluses on both fronts.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thanks a lot for the info,
    I will visit the MINI dealership in a few days.

You bought the car from the MINI Brussels?

Have a nice weekend

I was driving a new MINI today, I'd just like to say that you're a lucky man and I'm jealous.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information