Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy Birthday Matra!

Looking at the size of the hat relative to the wearers shoulders, I'd say that's not a baseball cap.
    Looks bigger and so would suggest riding hat and then woudl make complete sense if this was a competition rider out relaxing on a trail ride

PS: Forum rules, don't post images that big
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've never seen anyone not wearing a helmet in competition here, so it's probably a rule here, too. Once again, don't think glen beck is normal for the US. :P And yes, stetsons are awesome, and very practical. If they made a helmet like that, maybe they'ed become more accepted.

I'd wear a helmet on a bike, so I doubt that's the philosophy which accounts for not wearing one on a horse. It's true that other horses spook, but not as often, or as spectacularly. Probably has something to do with arabians brains being the size of a cashew and located somewhere near their hindquarters (my mom has an appaloosa, if you follow horse rivalries. )
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Looking at the size of the hat relative to the wearers shoulders, I'd say that's not a baseball cap.
    Looks bigger and so would suggest riding hat and then woudl make complete sense if this was a competition rider out relaxing on a trail ride
    I can't tell. And when I took the photo I wasn't really paying attention to it. Makes sense if it's a riding cap.

PS: Forum rules, don't post images that big
    It was necessary for identification purposes.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    stetsons are awesome, and very practical. If they made a helmet like that, maybe they'ed become more accepted.
    She tells me they tried ... Troxel Western Hat Helmet Helmet - Cowboy Hat Helmet System - Troxel Equestrian Helmets
    .... but that it jsut looked awkward as it was a stetson shaped cover over a race skull cap and so MASSIVE and likely looked even MORE girlie !!
    (my mom has an appaloosa, if you follow horse rivalries. )
    LOVE appaloosas. What markings ? Got pics ? ( horse first, mom later )
    Although I'm brought up on cobs mainly, I LOVE American quarterhorse.
    Such agility, control and accelaration -- just can not get used to Western saddles
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    It was necessary for identification purposes.
    For big pics go Advanced mode and add pic as attachment.
    You can practise by EDITing it now
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

LOVE appaloosas. What markings ? Got pics ? ( horse first, mom later )
    Although I'm brought up on cobs mainly, I LOVE American quarterhorse.
    Such agility, control and accelaration -- just can not get used to Western saddles
    I'll see if I can get pics of him scanned. Black, white butt with black spots (forget the official name of that.) Used to be a show horse but never did better than third place so he was sold to my mom and converted to trail use.

I used to have a quarterhorse that I loved, but couldn't bring to college with me, so my dad took him then had to give him away when he started consulting.

I feel the same way about english saddles and posting.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

For big pics go Advanced mode and add pic as attachment.
    You can practise by EDITing it now
    All that work for one picture?

Speaking of horses, I once read (years ago) that the fastest 1/4 mile time for a horse is 20.8 seconds. I wonder if that record has been broken?

My horse riding claim to fame is that I rode a Lipizzaner though the countryside in Hungary. It kept trying to eat the grape vines. Lovely to ride though, big bugger he was.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    All that work for one picture?
    thems the ROOLZ.

TO be fair it is only SIX extra mouse clicks

The PROBLEM is big pictures can screw up forum look for many MANY other readers and big images can slow it down for lots of folks too.
    So it's about being a "good member" .... damn does that sound too "COMMUNIST" ? Am hoping one day to get mentioned on Glenn Beck

thems the ROOLZ.

TO be fair it is only SIX extra mouse clicks

The PROBLEM is big pictures can screw up forum look for many MANY other readers and big images can slow it down for lots of folks too.
    So it's about being a "good member" .... damn does that sound too "COMMUNIST" ? Am hoping one day to get mentioned on Glenn Beck
    Maybe I'll just pay a fine instead. How about $20?

FFS> RIGHT, it's DONE.
    Thanks for screwing up 15 seconds and 6 mouse clicks of MY life.
    You sepnt more effort trygin NOT to do it.
    Of course, this probably makes you "open season" for instant ban if you do it again
    Will leave that to other mods to manage

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    My horse riding claim to fame is that I rode a Lipizzaner though the countryside in Hungary. It kept trying to eat the grape vines. Lovely to ride though, big bugger he was.
    That had to be quite the experience. I think the most interesting horse I ever rode was a Belgian draft horse. Really big, but surprisingly smooth. The owner had him because he had hurt his back and needed a smoother ride, so he opted for the belgian instead of something like a Tennessee Walker.
    Big cities suck

Happy Birthday Matra.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

happy birthday matra! Good to see a veteran like yourself still posting here amongst us kids . All the best friend.

Thread Information