Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
yep, with my standard rotors i've never experienced brake fade on the road, that includes mountain runs where they were steaming by the end...

i noticed a decrease in feel until heated up, mych more exaggerated than previous. that said i don't remember what calipers/pads i switched too at the time.

agreed, but if i go to drilled - or ventilated - rotors i'll stick to porsche oem stuff since they are cast that way rather than weakened by having holes drilled into them iirc. seen some aftermarket rotors get cracks forming between the holes..
Yes, stuff like that drilled "Zimmerman" crap cracks faster than... you can say "crack".
For the most part brake feel with the same calipers is influenced by the pad's you have on em. The composition of the materials used will dictate the operating temperature at which they will bite their best. So extreme racing stuff sucks for the road , but a slight upgrade will probably provide better bite.
I was quite pleased with the stock brakes on my mk3 16v (286mm vented rotors in front) . But if I went real mad I could experience the failfade.
They didn't really upgrade the mk4 brakes accordingly to its weightgain over the mk3 imho. But in the end it's all a case of preferences. When I had to change rotors on my 1500 kg 150 hp car which also had 286 mm rotors in front, I didn't bother with slotted or drilled , because I would probly warp em just as fast as the regular stuff.

OT : lower it