Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: toyota cleared

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    out of precaution Toyota did a recall of the Aygo model because of the throttle pedal (the little one, also sold as Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107 which were also part of recall), but no incidents had been ever reported. We do get the Prius, with again no incidents.
    The Camry has long been discontinued in Europe, mainly because Toyota did not offer it with a diesel engine. The Avensis (a little smaller) is quite popular, and again no incidents.
    Over here the impression is clearly that somebody orchestrated some inspiring efforts to put Toyota in a bad light in the USA, and anything, just like the new thing with the floormat, which I understood has not caused any problems of of yet, will be looked at not quite objectively.
    The 107/aygo/c1 recall was only in some countries, as none was made in Denmark.

Also, the opinion about the Toyota troubles are widely different in different countries, as in Dk, the feeling is that Toyota truly did screw up this time, and got what they "deserved"
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    The 107/aygo/c1 recall was only in some countries, as none was made in Denmark.

Also, the opinion about the Toyota troubles are widely different in different countries, as in Dk, the feeling is that Toyota truly did screw up this time, and got what they "deserved"
    so, as there were no recalls or incidents (?) reported in Danmark, on what was the opinion based then? The US incidents?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

so, as there were no recalls or incidents (?) reported in Danmark, on what was the opinion based then? The US incidents?
    There where no incidents in Denmark, but Toyota did recall large amounts of their newer cars, but not the Aygo/107/C1 (my father has a 107).
    The opinions was based on the US incidents and the DK recall (where's smoke, there's fire)
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

There where no incidents in Denmark, but Toyota did recall large amounts of their newer cars, but not the Aygo/107/C1 (my father has a 107).
    The opinions was based on the US incidents and the DK recall (where's smoke, there's fire)
    so basically on the basis of incorrect information...damage done, mission accomplished
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

so basically on the basis of incorrect information...damage done, mission accomplished
    Well, thats a longer discussion
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

that one with the old man crashing & burning at the T intersection on the highway , wasnt it just a case of the carpet possibly getting caught under the throttle ?

in any case , why didnt the old guy just turn the engine off & coast to a stop!

Well, thats a longer discussion
    Perhaps Audi would like to join in.

I agree with Culver that at least in the USA, litigousness drives markets and response, as well as design and engineering standards. The latter is not a bad thing. But we also fail (miserably) to train drivers at a level one should expect for a culture dominated by automobiles.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    that one with the old man crashing & burning at the T intersection on the highway , wasnt it just a case of the carpet possibly getting caught under the throttle ?

in any case , why didnt the old guy just turn the engine off & coast to a stop!
    If you are referring to the CHP case here is what I wrote last time
    Toyota deliberately chose to ignore the facts. - Page 3 - Ultimatecarpage.com forums

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    If you are referring to the CHP case here is what I wrote last time
    Toyota deliberately chose to ignore the facts. - Page 3 - Ultimatecarpage.com forums
    ooooh i see , thats a different story then with the keyless start/stop

Thread Information