Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Like many of you, I too have a car

Like many of you, I too have a car

My car is nothing really spectacular to the untrained eye, and unless you are me you probably dont see anything particularily extraordinary in it, but here is its story non-the-less. Shawn can post you some pics too, he has more pictures of my car then I do, lol.

I had a skoda 135gli for a couple months, and after working on it for 3 months, and its first day on the road, my brother wrecked it and didnt even apologise...then I picked up an 84 jetta which I beat the living crap out of for over a year. I finally retired it after ruining the brakes. Shawn and another buddy and I were drifting with the back wheels on mcdonalds meal trays when the ebrake failed so I got my tire iron torque bar and jammed it throught the wheel to stop it from spinning so we could drive around on our trays. this sprung a slow brake fluid leak that would continue for the next week or so. finally, with no brakes I ruined the clutch going down a really steep hill slowing myself down by feathering the clutch in reverse. I sold it for barely less then I bought it for

six months ago I picked up the cheaped mr2 I could find which turned out to have a bhg and lots of rust. It also had major coolant problems. I fixed the rust and paid to have the bhg fixed, but on the way back from the mechanics place, about 45 minutes into the drive home, I through a rod through the block. To make a long story short, I now have a pretty decent car with a gt-s engine (my 5th engine, if you can believe it or not) and some other little mods. After the first swap following the thrown rod I did all the work myself (with shawn and anthony's help).
    85 red Toyota MR2
    93 infiniti G20 (sold)
    86 mr2 show car

UCP's most totally hardcore crazy MR2-or-anything-else-that-runs-on-4A-G-power fan. I rilly like MR2s

cool

sounds, uhhmmm... irresponsible,... sounds like fun!

is it a nice car?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Of course it is nice!!!

as eggnog and mechanicsfetch have both seen/riden/driven it, I will let them tell you since everyone thinks their own car is nice.
    85 red Toyota MR2
    93 infiniti G20 (sold)
    86 mr2 show car

UCP's most totally hardcore crazy MR2-or-anything-else-that-runs-on-4A-G-power fan. I rilly like MR2s

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    I ruined the clutch going down a really steep hill slowing myself down by feathering the clutch in reverse.

I'm lovin' it.

Here's a couple pictures of Nigel's car These are good ones...
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few changes from the set of pics egg nog posted: wheel center caps are on, bumpers painted.
    85 red Toyota MR2
    93 infiniti G20 (sold)
    86 mr2 show car

The unmistakable egg nog proof of ownership comes in a 4 frame set:
    85 red Toyota MR2
    93 infiniti G20 (sold)
    86 mr2 show car

Here is an old thread in which my car was discussed. And in answer to the question about which car (the 914 or the mr2) would win in a race, we tested them out, and up a relatively steep hill from about 0-160, shawn was faster off the line and then I caught up and passed him. In all fairness though, at the time it was acting up a little. Im sure his can handle better then mine due to the low mounted flat 4 and 50/50 weight distribution. Also, his car is stock (+ a kick ass exhaust system) and mine has a faster then stock engine and some other minor mods.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...read.php?t=908
    85 red Toyota MR2
    93 infiniti G20 (sold)
    86 mr2 show car

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    A few changes from the set of pics egg nog posted: wheel center caps are on, bumpers painted.
    Looking nice

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Looking nice
    could have something..a bit more...than boosting your post count!
    joke.. you know im messing niko

anyway you planning to keep the mr2 the way it is?
    well hope you have hours of fun with it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    could have something..a bit more...than boosting your post count!
    I know that I do, this is kinda funny. Shawn was there.
    Last edited by Nigel; 05-24-2004 at 02:04 PM.
    85 red Toyota MR2
    93 infiniti G20 (sold)
    86 mr2 show car

nice mr2 you prob. said this b4 but what hp is it?
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

errm dont get me wrong..but.....err your rep is very high for a low post count... ....i know your buddy egg nog and he can dish out a lot of rep i dont want to get the wrong end of the stick....

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    errm dont get me wrong..but.....err your rep is very high for a low post count... ....i know your buddy egg nog and he can dish out a lot of rep i dont want to get the wrong end of the stick....
    actually, egg nog has not given me any rep points other than the standard 2 points or whatever for being new. all the rest of my rep points come from people who think I have made good points, like in the "why buy and suv" http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...2&page=2&pp=40 forum and the "swap engine-need opinion" http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?p=71954 forum, or a number of others. Have you actually read anything I wrote? or have you just made this assumption because I am friends with someone on the forum?
    85 red Toyota MR2
    93 infiniti G20 (sold)
    86 mr2 show car

Quote Originally Posted by foto_choppa
    nice mr2 you prob. said this b4 but what hp is it?
    I dont have any proof because I havent run a dyno, but the red top is stock 130 + cams + intake + exhaust. I guess it is around 150 at the flywheel - 15% in the trans (a generalization based on the mr2 trans, not trans in general) puts it at about 125hp at the rear wheels.
    85 red Toyota MR2
    93 infiniti G20 (sold)
    86 mr2 show car

Thread Information