Do you think that VAG produces just too many engines? Let's just run through them all.

There is: I4s: 1.2 turbo petrol, 1.4 NA petrol, 1.4 turbo petrol, 1.4 turbo and supercharged petrol, 1.8 turbo petrol, 2.0 turbo petrol, 1.6 diesel, 2.0 diesel.
I5s: 2.5 turbo petrol. V6s: 2.8 NA petrol, 3.0 supercharged petrol, 3.2 NA petrol, 3.6 NA petrol, 2.7 diesel, 3.0 diesel. V8s: 4.2 NA petrol, 4.2 diesel. V10s: 5.0 twin turbo petrol, 5.0 diesel. 12 cylinders: 6.0 V12 diesel, 6.0 NA W12 petrol, 6.0 twin turbo W12 petrol. W16: 8.0 quad turbo petrol.

I think that while many of these engines are really good, others are duffers and some are difficult to justify. For example why have all those petrol V6s when the I5 would seem more than up to the job? Or the V10 diesel when in actual fact the V8 diesel is more powerful and economical. I think that the cost of all these different powerplants is then passed down onto buyers which pushes up the list prices of the cars. It's also difficult to see how Audi and VW in particular will be able to reduce their C02 to 130g/km by next year when there are so many V6s. Ofcourse Bentley and Bugatti don't have to bother too much about that- all that is required of them is to reduce C02 by 25% from 2007 levels.
Some of these engines will probably be axed in the near future because of lack of demand, but I think they should have been more aware of potentially low demand before building all these engines. Thoughts and feelings?