Thread: Audi TT RS plus, Shelby Mustang GT500 Convertible and hot Kia concept ...

Audi TT RS plus, Shelby Mustang GT500 Convertible and hot Kia concept ...

Audi today announced a subtle upgrade of the high performance TT RS model. The new TT RS plus comes equipped with an even more powerful version of the lightweight straight five engine. Fitted with direct injection and a turbo, the 2.5 litre unit now produces 360 hp and 465 Nm of torque. That is enough to propel the compact Audi to 100 km/h in just over 4 seconds and to give it a top speed of 280 km/h. As previously, the TT RS plus will be available as a Coupe and Roadster. Today Audi have only released pictures of the plus Coupe.
    Earlier this week, the Chicago Auto Show opened its doors. The headlining event was the 20th anniversary celebration of Ford's Special Vehicles Team (SVT), which has been responsible for most of the manufacturer's high performance model. To mark the occasion, Ford revealed the Shelby Mustang GT500 Convertible complete with SVT 20th Anniversary badges on the door sills. Like the Coupe launched last year, the most powerful drop-top Mustang ever features a 650 bhp supercharged V8. The GT500 Convertible will be available later in the year as a 2013 model. Also making its debut in Chicago was the Kia Track'ster Concept. Based on the Soul, the high performance machine features a wider body and 265 hp turbocharged engine. In addition to 66% more power, it also boasts revised suspension with bigger brakes. Inside, the Track'ster Concept is also unique with the spare wheel mounted visibly, bolted to the rear strut-brace.

Enjoy the links:

2012 Audi TT RS plus - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 Convertible - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 Kia Track'ster Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Every time I see a new version of the TT, I can't help thinking how extremely ugly this little car is. This feeling has been helped by the fact that it is the car of choice of our national idiot, Mr. Geert Wilders....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Can't argue with the result though.....TT-RS is pretty ridiculously fast...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

But at the end of the day, it's a glorified Golf right?

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Can't argue with the result though.....TT-RS is pretty ridiculously fast...
    There are cars with the same performance that actually look decent and not like a suppressed new beetle.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    But at the end of the day, it's a glorified Golf right?
    Whats not a glorified Golf these days in the small VAG car product line....and everything will be a glorified Golf when the next gen VAG MQB platform comes in service....

The difference in a TT to a Golf is pretty substantial already. Much more aluminum, better suspension geometry. The newer electronic diff. In the RS it also has the new DSG(EU only), 5 cylinder turbo, gigantic 2 piece rotor and 6 piston caliper brake. And just less than a second slower than an R8 V8 around ~3min lap around VIR....

Not many car in its price range is that fast...I look at it as a mini-GTR sort of car, not the prettiest, but gets the job done...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Nice. An even faster Audi TT.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I actually have always kinda liked the TT, though I never really took it seriously as a sportscar. This one has some stuff on it that's a little gaudy (wing, wheels), but thankfully Audi managed to restrain it just enough to keep it from looking like some rice-boy's wet dream. Impressive power, I never thought they'd stuff it with that much. Overall pretty nice when you consider how fast it is.

Of course, I needn't say what I think of the Shelby

C'mon, Kia...I didn't think the Soul could get any uglier, and now that it has I am actually starting to feel sorry for the poor thing. Do the performance enhancements to a Forte Koup or a Rio Hatch or something, and give the "Fast and Furious" stylist the day off when you do it.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    C'mon, Kia...I didn't think the Soul could get any uglier, and now that it has I am actually starting to feel sorry for the poor thing. Do the performance enhancements to a Forte Koup or a Rio Hatch or something, and give the "Fast and Furious" stylist the day off when you do it.
    A other motoring website that I frequent claims that the Trackster is aimed at the Juke-R which I think is pure rubbish because this has a turbocharged 2.0 L4 and front wheel drive whereas the Juke-R has the GTR's engine and AWD
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

Thread Information