Thread: Aston Martin DBS replacement, Zagato BMW and Alpine revived ...

Aston Martin DBS replacement, Zagato BMW and Alpine revived ...

For a brief moment today at Villa d'Este, we saw the first glimpse of what is currently known as the Project AM 310. We understand this to be the replacement for the DBS launched nearly five years ago. It uses the same VH architecture but with much more carbon-fibre composites to increase efficiency. The venerable 6-litre V12 is also back but now tweaked to produce a hefty 573 bhp, which is 63 bhp up on the current DBS engine. Further details are still elusive, however, we did not want to keep these first shots from you.
    Also at Villa d'Este, event sponsor BMW and local coach-builder Zagato revealed the BMW Zagato Coupe. The styling was a joint effort and accordingly, the fully functional show car combines styling cues derived from both pallets; the front fascia is similar to the BMW Z4, while the double-bubble roof is vintage Zagato styling. In the great custom coach-building tradition, the one-off body was hand-crafted in aluminium by the experts at Zagato. Currently, we have not received any specifications but it would surprise us if the BMW Zagato Coupe would not be closely related to the top-of-the-range Z4.
    At Monaco today, Renault marked the 50th anniversary of the Alpine A110 with the unveiling of the Renault Alpine A110-50. The styling of the spectacular coupe is derived from the DeZir concept, while the chassis and drivetrain come from the Megane Trophy cars. This means the bright blue machine weighs only 880 kg and also boasts a 400 bhp V6 engine. Hopefully the striking Renault Alpine A110-50 will quickly find its way to the showroom floors.

Enjoy the links:

2012 Aston Martin Project AM 310 - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 BMW Zagato Coup - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 Renault Alpine A110-50 - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Just curious, what's Matra's opinion of the new Renault-Alpine?

Hmm, doesn't look like the engine is far enough to the rear to me.

The AM looks like someone's folded the front lip up, and the BMW looks like the nose is sliding off the front. Otherwise nice though.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The Aston is beautiful. They don't know how to make an ugly car. The BMW is a lost cause. Its an ugly car to start with.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Aston just knows how to make the same car over and over and over and over.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Aston just knows how to make the same car over and over and over and over.....
    Seen a Porsche lately?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Back of the Aston looks ok....not sure if I think the front with the splitter/chinspoiler thing looks good...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Seen a Porsche lately?
    Aston is not even a flea on Porsche's arse. When Aston gets anywhere near that pedigree then we'll talk.

This new Aston though, it's not deseperately pretty, is it? I would even call it ugly...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I wouldn't go as far as calling it ugly, but its not that good looking...Zagato looks better...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The Aston is too aggressive to be pretty, but still a little too pretty to be properly aggressive. The front especially seems to have that splitter just whacked on there as an afterthought, or to replace what seems to have been chopped off.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

BMW is the best.!! That's how I feel about all BMWs specially the Zagato. I actaully have original bmw part catalog in my collection.. i always check it for my upgrades of my BMW..
    Last edited by breath_hurt; 09-08-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Thread Information