Thread: The Chase is On!!

The Chase is On!!

Cars and Coffee Talk: The Chase is on!!

After reading my newest blog tell us your favorite car chase scene???

Thanks, Joe
    Thanks, Joe

My Top 5

My Top 5 Movie Chase Scenes:

1.Bullitt (1968) Starring Steve McQueen……..It features two muscle cars of the day (1968 Fastback Mustang and a 1968 Dodge Charger) and they chased each other through the streets of San Francisco for over nine minutes in one of the most epic chases ever filmed.

2.French Connection (1971) Starring Gene Hackman………This Oscar winning film featured a Pontiac LeMans chasing the bad guy on an elevated train track through the crowded streets of Brooklyn, NY.

3.Cannonball I. (1981) Starring Burt Reynolds and an all-star cast…….This movie was basically one big car chase from start to finish, but the opening scene with the police chasing the girls driving the black Lamborghini is a must see. (Can you say 200 mph?)

4.Ronin (1998) Starring Robert De Niro……You might not be a familiar with this one, but trust me it may be one of the best! It is set on the narrow streets of Paris and features a BMW M5 and a Peugeot 306. This fast paced chase was filmed using Formula 1 drivers of the day and actually had the real actors in the cars pretending to drive. It’s been said that the actors did not have any trouble with showing “Real” emotions during these scenes!

5.Smokey and the Bandit I. (1977) Starring Burt Reynolds……This one is on my list because seeing it for the first time when I was 10 yrs. old and seeing the Black Trans Am running from the Sheriff and even jumping a washed out bridge will forever be etched in my mind as a classic.
    Thanks, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by slowjoe24 View Post
    4.Ronin (1998) Starring Robert De Niro……You might not be a familiar with this one, but trust me it may be one of the best! It is set on the narrow streets of Paris and features a BMW M5 and a Peugeot 306. This fast paced chase was filmed using Formula 1 drivers of the day and actually had the real actors in the cars pretending to drive. It’s been said that the actors did not have any trouble with showing “Real” emotions during these scenes!
    It was actually a Peugeot 406.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thanks for the correction..................it's one of the best chases ever!!
    Thanks, Joe

you might find a few others that have you alter your own top 5 here .. Gear Head Movies - Ultimatecarpage.com forums

or numerous other threads on the forum. We touch on movies and scenes quite regularly

Intrigued that all your favourites are older classics.
    for me Death Proof beats out any of the Cannonball or Bandit movies for sure
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Awesome................I just read it and Yes, there are several other Great one's listed!! I do need to catch up on some of the newer car type movies

Was Redline any good??
    Thanks, Joe

Thread Information