Thread: First 190-shot gallery from Le Mans and new racers from SRT and Nissan ..

First 190-shot gallery from Le Mans and new racers from SRT and Nissan ..

On Wednesday, the 90th annual 24 Hours of Le Mans kicked off with the first practice and qualifying sessions. All four sessions proved more than eventful with a variety of big crashes curtailing all but one of them. Although extensive repairs were required, it does look like all 56 entries will make it to the grid tomorrow afternoon. Starting from pole will be the #2 Audi after a quick lap from Loic Duval set early in the opening qualifying session. In LMP2, the Olivier Pla in one of the Oak Morgans topped the times while both GTE classes were dominated by the Aston Martins. Our photographers were trackside from the first minute and as a teaser for our complete report we have compiled a 190-shot gallery with all the highlights from practice, qualifying and also the first session of the Le Mans Legend race. The action-packed gallery will be completed after the weekend with many more images from the race.
    Meanwhile in the Le Mans paddock, two manufacturers released brand new race cars. Nissan showcased the ZEOD RC, which is short for Zero Emission On Demand Racing Car. There is no hiding the experimental machine was designed by Ben Bowlby of DeltaWing fame. And like that unusual machine, the electric ZEOD RC will race at Le Mans in the 'Garage 56' class for innovative cars.
    Altogether more conventional but nonetheless very exciting is the SRT Viper GT3-R. As the name suggests, it will be available to customers wanting to run a GT3 specification Viper in one of the many championships around the world for which these cars are eligible. Based on the Viper GTS-R that makes its Le Mans debut this weekend, it is powered by the familiar V10 engine, mated to a paddle operated 6-speed gearbox. The Viper GT3-R is available for an estimated $459,000.

Enjoy the links:

Welcome to Le Mans - Ultimatecarpage.com - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 Nissan ZEOD RC - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 SRT Viper GT3-R - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Looking at that last shot in the gallery, i never realized how big the Toyota really is. It looks as long as a full size pick up truck, like F-250 Quad Cab long

Yeah, I've seen a 996 911 GT1 a few times and every time I see it I'm amazed by just how expansive it is.
    I would assume that it's similar in size.

EDIT: Or not. The Porch is 193" (4.9m) long to the Toyota's 183" (4.65m).
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 06-21-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    It must be a trick of angles and, to me, it was where the driver's head was positioned in the car to make it look fairly big

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a 996 911 GT1 a few times and every time I see it I'm amazed by just how expansive it is.
    I would assume that it's similar in size.

I once saw a 996 911 GT1 Strassenversion at a dealer in Andorra ages ago and I thought it was massive.

I was a small child though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I was a small child though.
    In many ways, you still are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    In many ways, you still are.
    Well, the French have decided to ban me from driving in France for the next two months... so I guess there's some truth in that.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well, the French have decided to ban me from driving in France for the next two months... so I guess there's some truth in that.
    Is that a true?! Waita be!

OT: Have you ever been to Andorra?

Is that a true?! Waita be!
    It is - They apparently didn't like me doing some miles an hour in one of their autoroutes. And all because I had been held up by their roadworks and Dutch traffic jams...
    OT: Have you ever been to Andorra?
    Several times. It's close to La Cerdanya, a mountanious nothern region of Catalunya. Whenever I go there a trip to Andorra is a classic.

I good friend of mine also has a house and some family there.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information