Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a terrible story!!!!! Enzo related

This is a terrible story!!!!! Enzo related

Read this: From a different site, i didn't witness this

"Wow, saw a Ferrari "Enzo" Saturday at about 4:45 taking a right to go down Allen Parkway (nice speed/twisty road within the city). I was in a buddies' car going the other direction. Well, at 4:48 I saw what I thought was a house fire in the distance. Naturally, we rush to the scene to watch a fire and finish my cold one. Well, guess what! Its not a house, but something more valuable. Thats right, the "Enzo"! She was engulfed in flames. The driver had lost controll at the end of the road before it enters downtown Houston. His backend got loose and he shot over a curb at an alleged 100+ mph, under a link fence, and then the rear hit an enormous oak tree. Thats when it exploded. The driver was able to get out and walk away in time. It was very shocking scene for me. The car was actually burning in a minority based low income housing project. I got a small chunk of it (red plastic piece) thatclip in somewhere. My buddy bought a nice carbon fibre body piece of a little black boy for $5. It made his day. By the way, I did not witness the actual accident, but spoke with a witness and overheard the driver speaking with police.
    I was also at the Ferrari dealer when this same guy test drove the Enzo for the first time. Kinda weird I saw the start and end of this guys "Enzonership". He is a very lucky man to be alive."
    --
    Last edited by werty; 04-20-2004 at 04:20 PM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

OUCH! You hate to hear those sorts of stories! How many Enzo's have been crashed so far?....What a tragedy.....

"and so castles made of sand, melt in to the sea.....eventually"
    -jimi hendrix-

The author of this piece takes the term Fanboy to a disturbing level.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Have you considered that it may just be a story, and nothing more?
    It sounds very odd that he saw the owner at the Ferrari dealership test driving it.

Is there any proof, photos, other witnesses?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Have you considered that it may just be a story, and nothing more?
    It sounds very odd that he saw the owner at the Ferrari dealership test driving it.

Is there any proof, photos, other witnesses?
    Nevertheless, the attitude the author has towards this car (albeit a great one) is somewhat disturbing. I wonder if he would have felt as much grief if the driver had died?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Nevertheless, the attitude the author has towards this car (albeit a great one) is somewhat disturbing. I wonder if he would have felt as much grief if the driver had died?
    Yes, but probably not for the driver
    When all is said and done, it's only a car.
    Thanks for all the fish

I think it's unduly harsh to go and call him an extreme fanboy, although i do think the story seems a little far out, considering no Enzos were ever offered to the Press to drive, save an early build car around a track. The fact that they'd have a test driver seems utter shit, excuse my language, especially considering all Enzos are sold.

It is only a car, like parliament is just a building.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Lightbulb

its not true.....ive looked at all the rocrds in houston chronicle...cuz i live there and it has not happend...plus i didnt kno u could test drive enzos..arent all 85 of the us verions accounted for

Quote Originally Posted by bigkyy464
    its not true.....ive looked at all the rocrds in houston chronicle...cuz i live there and it has not happend...plus i didnt kno u could test drive enzos..arent all 85 of the us verions accounted for
    maybe so, but this one isn't
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Oh yeah. The gift wrapping is because I got it for my girlfriend's birthday.
    Probably the only UCP member without a car D:

you should of stole the key or the remains
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

I believe man b/c I was at WreckedExotics.com a week or two ago and saw a pic of an Enzo that was completely torched. It said it was in Texas somewhere I just don't remember the city. It completely broke my heart to see it too.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    I believe man b/c I was at WreckedExotics.com a week or two ago and saw a pic of an Enzo that was completely torched. It said it was in Texas somewhere I just don't remember the city. It completely broke my heart to see it too.
    They arent there now...
    Maybe the owner found out and objected, I know I would.
    Thanks for all the fish

yea ive got a pic of a crashed enzo..
    I find it hard to imagine anyone putting a 400 grand car at risk like that.
    But ive never driven one.. so i dont know what its to go 100 miles an hour into a kerb in a supercar
    This photo makes me weep
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cotterick; 04-21-2004 at 02:48 PM.

That one doesn't look like it has been on fire, a fire which...

Quote Originally Posted by someguy
    I thought was a house fire in the distance.
    ... and so would have probably left a lot more scorching
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information