Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buick Regal (5th gen) 2008-2017

Ah GM, why not the full-tilt VXR......

Although on second though, a blown 4 might be lighter for a car like this, and get better weight distribution...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Ah GM, why not the full-tilt VXR......

Although on second though, a blown 4 might be lighter for a car like this, and get better weight distribution...
    It's certainly odd since you've got much cheaper fuel.

In fact our similarly powered equivalent Insignia also has a turbo six.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I saw this car on TopGear yesterday, someone posted the Insignia in the wrong thread
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's certainly odd since you've got much cheaper fuel.

In fact our similarly powered equivalent Insignia also has a turbo six.
    But we also have more annoying green nazi here....

But more I think about this the 4 might make more sense.....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    But we also have more annoying green nazi here....

But more I think about this the 4 might make more sense.....
    Also the big six is probably better suited to high speed cruising rather than the small four.
    Visca Catalunya!

That I'd agree, but high speed in US isn't that high by European standard(70-90mph at most). And GM tend to throw a super tall 6th on their box anyway...

So far I guess this is still a "concept", but I think it'll be cool if they make it, with the Turbo4 or the 6...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Also the big six is probably better suited to high speed cruising rather than the small four.
    I think the V6 runs smoother, especially during autobahn driving. Sven (a friend of mine) works at the local Opel dealership and has already driven the V6 (not the OPC, though). He liked it.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    I think the V6 runs smoother, especially during autobahn driving. Sven (a friend of mine) works at the local Opel dealership and has already driven the V6 (not the OPC, though). He liked it.
    We almost bought one.
    Visca Catalunya!

We almost bought one.
    Normally i never give advice concerning car buys...but in this case i tell you: if you still want to buy one, you should wait a year and than buy a used one. Insignia V6s are cools cars. The only complain i have (and that i will have 'til i die) is that Opel ditched the old straight sixes wich were unbelievable durable and easy to repair.
    But then i have to admit that i'm complete bonkers concerning straight sixes

Don't worry we already bought an (almost) new XF 4.2
    Visca Catalunya!

Don't worry we already bought an (almost) new XF 4.2
    congratulations which year is it?

2008 I believe. We bought it a year or so ago. 11.000km, full of extras (most of which you don't need) and 33 grand off list price.
    Visca Catalunya!

Buick Regal GS

Highlights

The all-new, 2012 Regal GS blends a 270-horsepower (201 kW) high-output Ecotec 2.0L turbo engine, six-speed manual transmission, responsive Interactive Drive Control System suspension technology with exclusive GS-mode, Brembo front calipers and other features into one of Buick’s most balanced performance sedans ever.

The torque from Regal GS’s exclusive Ecotec 2.0L high-output turbocharged engine provides more launch force than the Acura TSX V-6, Audi A4 Sport, Lexus IS 250 and 350, Infiniti G25 and G37, and Volvo S60. It also delivers the highest specific output of any production engine GM has ever offered, and at 135 horsepower per liter, is the most power-dense engine ever certified by the Society of Automotive Engineers.

Buick’s exclusive Interactive Drive Control System is standard on the Regal GS, and allows drivers to choose from three operating modes – Standard, Sport and GS Mode – that change the suspension settings and steering sensitivity according to driver preferences. Regal GS also features a four-wheel independent suspension with a unique High Performance Strut (HiPer Strut) front suspension design that reduces torque steer and improves grip and cornering power.

A lower ride height, 19-inch, 5-Twin Spoke alloy wheels (20-inch, 5-Twin Spoke polished alloy wheels with summer-rated performance tires are available) and four-piston Brembo front calipers also contribute to the GS’ performance persona.

Regal GS design

Unique body-color front and rear fascias, with the front fascia incorporating prominent, vertical air intake slots accented in a satin-metallic finish.

Rear fascia has a pair of integrated, satin-metallic trapezoidal exhaust outlets.
    Rocker panel extensions and a rear spoiler.

Slightly lower ride height than other Regal models for a sportier stance.
    Aggressive-looking, 19-inch, 5-Twin Spoke alloy wheels and all-season tires (20-inch, 5-Twin Spoke polished alloy wheels with summer-rated performance tires are optional).

GS-specific ebony interior.

Satin-finish elements on the instrument panel, steering wheel and console.
    Instrument panel glows white when the driver engages the GS Mode of the Interactive Drive Control System (IDCS).

Regal GS interior – standard and available features

Standard features:

Passive keyless entry with push-button start.
    Standard XM Satellite Radio with three-month trial service.
    harman/kardon premium 336-watt, 5.1 Matrix Surround Sound system with nine speakers.
    Bluetooth phone connectivity.
    Leather-wrapped, flat-bottom sport steering wheel with audio controls and metal sport pedals.
    Leather-appointed sport seating.
    Heated driver and front passenger seats, with 12-way adjustable driver and front passenger seats – including four-way lumbar adjustment.
    120-volt accessory power outlet.
    Power windows with express up/down feature in the front and express down in the rear.
    Front and rear ultrasonic parking assist.
    Bi-Xenon HID headlamps with flash-to-pass feature, auto on/off, auto delay, warning buzzer.
    Buick IntelliLink (later availability) uses Bluetooth or USB to connect the driver’s smart phone to a new high-resolution, full-color seven-inch touch screen display radio. IntelliLink expands on Buick’s current Bluetooth and USB capabilities to allow smart phone control via voice activation and steering wheel-mounted controls. It also enables streaming stereo audio from the phone through services such as PANDORA® Internet radio and Stitcher SmartRadio®.
    IntelliLink complements the safety, security and connectivity services of OnStar, also standard on all Regal models. With a simple button touch, voice command or via a downloadable smartphone app, Regal owners can access popular OnStar services such as Turn-by-Turn navigation and Destination Download, hands-free calling, remote door unlock, vehicle diagnostics, emergency assistance and much more.

Other available features:

Power tilt-sliding sunroof with sunshade.
    Audio system with seven-inch color touch screen display, SD card reader in center console, GPS navigation, multi-function controller, iPod support. Available only when sunroof is ordered.

Chassis and suspension

The Regal GS rides on a wheelbase of 107.8 inches (2738 mm) that delivers refined, well-balanced vehicle dynamics. It also features a four-wheel-independent suspension, with a unique High Performance Strut (HiPer Strut) front suspension design.

Drivers may choose more aggressive, performance-oriented damping characteristics through the standard Interactive Drive Control System.

Four-wheel-independent suspension, with a unique HiPer Strut front suspension design.

Ride height lowered 10 mm, and spring and stabilizer bar rates raised by 20 percent for more responsive handling.

HiPer Strut system helps reduce torque steer, improve grip and maintain negative camber during cornering.

Four-link independent rear suspension is designed to minimize unwanted toe and camber effects.

Both front and rear dampers incorporate active Computer Damping Control (CDC), continuously changing damper characteristics’ to maintain optimal vehicle ride control over varying road surfaces and profiles.

Four-wheel disc brake system with Brembo four-piston front calipers, larger ventilated front discs and high performance linings.

Electronic parking brake actuated via a center console-mounted control.
    Standard StabiliTrak stability control system with integrated, full-function traction control.

Interactive Drive Control System

The Regal GS is equipped with the Interactive Drive Control System, which adapts damping and other driving functions to drivers’ preferences. While the Regal Turbo offers Interactive Drive Control with the choice of a standard adaptive setting, a more comfortable Tour mode and a Sport mode, the system in the Regal GS is deliberately tuned for those who enjoy a higher level of performance:

Standard: Delivers ideal all-round performance, while maintaining comfort characteristics for everyday driving.
    Sport: Features a firmer level of suspension damping and reduces body roll for more agility.

GS: Readies the car for dynamic, enthusiast-level driving. Increased steering efforts provide more direct feedback to the driver, while increased damping levels ensure ultimate wheel control and reduced body roll for ultimate agility. Only the GS mode will alter the shift feel on an automatic transmission.

Efficient, proven powertrain

High-output Ecotec 2.0L turbocharged DOHC VVT engine with direct-injection technology provides acceleration of a V-6 with the fuel efficiency of a four-cylinder. EPA-estimated fuel economy is 27 mpg on the highway with the standard six-speed manual.

Output rated at 270 horsepower (201 kW) and 295 lb.-ft. of torque (400 Nm). Peak torque is achieved at a relatively low 2400 rpm; 95 percent of peak torque is available between 2,300 and 4,900 rpm.

Highest specific output of any GM production engine, and at 135 horsepower per liter, the most power-dense engine certified by SAE.

Three-inch-diameter exhaust system provides reduced back pressure for higher engine power.

Standard six-speed manual transmission.

Available six-speed Aisin Warner automatic with Driver Shift Control (mid-model year availability).

Safety and crash-avoidance features

Regal GS offers standard and available safety features designed to protect occupants before, during and after a crash. Safety-enhancing features include:

Eight standard air bags including dual-stage frontal and side-impact air bags, rear-seat thorax side-impact air bags and head curtain side-impact air bags.
    Three-point safety belts in all seating positions and air bag passenger sensing system to detect the presence of a small adult or child in the front passenger seat.

StabiliTrak electronic stability control to help drivers maintain vehicle control in certain driving situations, and help mitigate rollover crashes.

Four-wheel anti-lock brakes with brake assist and traction control.

Daytime running lamps for improved visibility to other vehicles as well as pedestrians.

LATCH system for safe and secure attachment of child safety seats.

Standard ultrasonic front and rear parking assist with audible warning.

Standard tire pressure monitoring system.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

Buick Regal #9
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 02-17-2021 at 10:36 AM.
    Visca Catalunya!

Buick Regal #10
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 02-17-2021 at 10:36 AM.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information