Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The best Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    to niko:
    DAMMIT MAN THE PRIUS IS NOT AND UNDERPOWERED CAR MAN WTF ITS REGULAR. IF U COMPARE TO STUFF LIKE CIVIC AND FOCUS OF COURSE IT HAS SLOW ACCELRATION; CIVIC AND FOCUS HAVE MANUAL TRANSMISSION. also stop saying "i dont think its the best car" a bajillion times thnx we already know ur opinion and do not value it. ur definition of enough power of over 76 horsepower also means that the prius is NOT underpowered by ur standards because the prius has over 100. get your facts straight. and ur example of pulling 4 people up a hill is by the the crappiest yet. i thank you for ur tuime
    First of all relax man, shut up and take it easy, don't come screaming at me for saying what I think about this car.

IMO a 0-60 time of 10+ seconds is a bit un-powered in today's market.

"i dont think its the best car" a bajillion times thnx we already know ur opinion and do not value it
    Please don't speak for everyone, maybe some DO value it.

and ur example of pulling 4 people up a hill is by the the crappiest yet.
    '
    It's 5 actually and I don't think it's a crappy example.. I think it's something that you should think of when buying a car with this acceleration.

power of over 76 horsepower also means that the prius is NOT underpowered by ur standards because the prius has over 100. get your facts straight
    I looked it up in www.cars.com and I said I was sorry before cause I wasn't aware of the real power of this car.

Maybe I should get my facts straight and maybe you should read the whole thread before starting a dumb argument.

BTW I gave you a +1 by accident, I meant to gave you a -1

"There's better ways to talk to others, please take it in consideration in the future - Niko_Fx" (That was my message)

I honestly think you took it too far, got too pissed.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Enjoy your +1
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 07-04-2004 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    First of all relax man, shut up and take it easy, don't come screaming at me for saying what I think about this car.

'
    It's 5 actually and I don't think it's a crappy example.. I think it's something that you should think of when buying a car with this acceleration.

I looked it up in www.cars.com and I said I was sorry before cause I wasn't aware of the real power of this car.

Maybe I should get my facts straight and maybe you should read the whole thread before starting a dumb argument.

don' t take this the wrong way but glad you got the facts all straight and organized (in a good way )

im allowed to scream

yes, i DO value it but just said it to piss u off

i got pwnt

really, it seemed like u knew >_>

i wuznt starting an argument, i was merely saying things and was no way meant to start an argument

read: CVT Automatic transmission

BTW I gave you a +1 by accident, I meant to gave you a -1

"There's better ways to talk to others, please take it in consideration in the future - Niko_Fx" (That was my message)
    it is not a necessity, so i will not consider it. thanks for the advice?

I honestly think you took it too far, got too pissed.
    ur opinion

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    i concur

Enjoy your +1
    if it makes u feel any better, i think reputation should not be quantified
    Last edited by d-quik; 08-03-2004 at 05:15 PM.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

I hate the whole "its my opinion" style of arguing. People's opinions can vary, and many can be ignorant, crappy opinions. Being an opinion does not imply that anything is right or wrong, just that someone beleives it. Which proves nothing.

I'm not saying anything specifically with regards to this thread, just that it's a pretty immature, dismissive way to make a debate.

478Nm of torque is like... wow ... if i'm not mistaken 10newton is 1kg right? so it would be something like 47.8kg-m of torque... i'm not sure.. but i saw Mitsubishi measure their torque in kg... like the evo 8 have 45kg..

hey hey.. nobody teach me how to convert yet... sob~

d-quik don't say things to piss ppl off... yeah what u say you do have ur point but... kinda get too far..

I said "IMO" cause maybe for others a 0-60 time of 10 seconds is pretty good... For me it isn't and that's my opinion.

What's up with all the fighting lately??

SUV thread, Confessions thread, this thread!! And what worries me is to be involved in one!!

BTW can any mod check Karrmann's PMs?? He claims that I send him a PM insulting myself........ Which I absolutly never did.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    478Nm of torque is like... wow ... if i'm not mistaken 10newton is 1kg right? so it would be something like 47.8kg-m of torque... i'm not sure.. but i saw Mitsubishi measure their torque in kg... like the evo 8 have 45kg
    Time to get a little more technical

Kilograms are a measure of mass, and pounds are a measure of weight (which is actually force). They are often confused, but in terms of physics, they are very different.

Newtons, like pounds, are a measurement of force. Weight is a measurement of how much force there is on an object. A one kilogram object experiences 9.8 newtons of gravitational force, and what you know as a "one pound object" is actually defined by the one pound of gravitational force that it experiences.

If you take a 1-kilogram object to the moon, its mass is still one kilogram, but its weight is less, because of less gravitational force. An object which experiences one pound of force on the moon will weigh more than one pound back on earth, because earth provides a larger gravitational force.

I could go on and on, but I won't. It just bothers me when I hear people using units incorrectly

PM's are private for a reason, we can't actually check them.

There has been a lot of fighting actually.....

D-quik, humans do need to BREED, but, that's a fact, not an opinion.
    A fact is something proven.
    An opinion is something that you believe or agree with.

EG: Rubber bands are the best invention ever is an opinion
    Rubber Bands are made of rubber is a fact.

Get it? Good.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I hate the whole "its my opinion" style of arguing. People's opinions can vary, and many can be ignorant, crappy opinions. Being an opinion does not imply that anything is right or wrong, just that someone beleives it. Which proves nothing.
    i also hate it when people claim that when something is an opinion, it can not be wrong.

for example, if i say "my opinion is that humans do not need to breat to live", the "my opinion is" part does not make it correct
    I could go on and on, but I won't. It just bothers me when I hear people using units incorrectly
    in the end the unit of measurement for torque is still a force multiplied by distance

"humans do need to BREED"
    humans can live without breeding, so we dont "need" it
    Last edited by d-quik; 08-03-2004 at 05:18 PM.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Rubber Bands are made of rubber is a fact.
    Not to nitpick, but most "rubber" bands are now made from some form of silicone compound .

Actually, that was a lie... I totally nitpicked

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    in the end the unit of measurement for torque is still a force multiplied by distance
    Ummm...yeah... the point was, kilograms are not a unit of force, so saying "kg.m" is an incorrect way of expressing torque

Ummm...yeah... the point was, kilograms are not a unit of force, so saying "kg.m" is an incorrect way of expressing torque
    i never said kilogram is a measurement of force

Hey Shawn I got a "Best motoring video" of a Supra and they call the Supra "The torque monster" because it blasts 60Kg of torque from 3000Rpms.

How much is that? Sorry man, I have no idea how these things work.

d-quik: Don't make us all confused... I think it's fairly obvious that I know how to express torque. I don't even know what we're arguing about now

Niko: If they said that it has 60kg of torque, that's probably the worst way I've ever seen torque expressed! What they mean is that it has (60kg*9.8m/s/s [gravity]) = 588 Newtons ...*1 metre = 588 Newton*metres of torque. Very, very, very, bad physics on their part.

Thread Information