Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your favoutite car mag?

Whats your favoutite car mag?

Personally, I love EVO, its got all I want to know about all the cars I want to know about - only criticism would be a lack of racing news, but there are other mags for that - autosport is another good one but I dont usually bother buying it, just a quick flick through before I head to the counter with that months copy of EVO

So, what do you reckon? - I know you like reading about cars, and peoples thoughts on them cos otherwise this site wouldnt exist! How about magazines not available in the UK? They are the only ones I read since I'm english, although I live in Belgium they are still realtively easy to get hold of, but not so for other foreign publications.

I like to get TOPGEAR mag which is,regretfully,not available in my country for individuals to buy!!
    It is only available in the british council in Damascus:Only one issue every month & it is not available for individuals to take them outside the center!!
    Of course we have arabic car magazines but they aren't even comparable to western mags.
    Last edited by kinan.f; 07-14-2003 at 01:16 AM.

Evo is a good choice . . .

also buys include CCC (cars and car conversions)
    Autosport.

I used to get TopGear all the time, but it seems to have gone all mature and boring . TopGear on TV on the other hand is unmissable . . . quite a turnaround.

What sort of stuff do you get in arabic mags then? There are a few belgian mags available but they tend to be all about modding cars, and I'm really not into that shit. Plus due to strict laws on engine mods it all body kits and air brushing... puhhhleeaze!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Car and Driver

Car and Driver has to be my choice for my personal favourite car mag. To be honest though, I haven't tried many other magazines. As for arabic car magazines, some of them are quite good actually. Most of them however are pretty outdated.

Topgear

I download episodes of Topgear (the TV show) all the time from the internet. Really nice show, especially that episode they compared the Zonda to the Murcielago !!

Re: Car and Driver

Originally posted by Misho
    Car and Driver has to be my choice for my personal favourite car mag. To be honest though, I haven't tried many other magazines. As for arabic car magazines, some of them are quite good actually. Most of them however are pretty outdated.
    I'm in Canada as well, and while Car & Driver and Road & Track are fine mags, EVO kicks their butts plenty. You can get it at Chapters. Unfortunately because it's an import it costs approx. $13.00 CAN, but it's worth the bucks. Trust me! Give it a try.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

4 words: Auto, Motor und Sport.

And also "Car" for the nice pictures and for the fact that they, instead of writing a normal technical and factual article, write an entire story about driving a certain car.

swank anyone ??!?

Originally posted by MMO
    I'm in Canada as well, and while Car & Driver and Road & Track are fine mags, EVO kicks their butts plenty. You can get it at Chapters. Unfortunately because it's an import it costs approx. $13.00 CAN, but it's worth the bucks. Trust me! Give it a try.
    I'll probably get a copy of EVO soon as per your advice !! But $13 is quite expensive honestly, that actually buys you Car and Driver AND Swank, which is a very interesting combination !!

I like EVO, and occasionally the magazine called Car. I also like specialty mags like Forza and some others.

Australian car mags are crap. The two, namely Wheels and Motor are virtually the same in content as I believe they are owned by the same company. Wheels is probably the better. Motors journos are more interested in trying to sound clever and witty rather than giving you a real understanding of the pros and cons. I think they actually think we know or care who they are, with the use of nick names and personal information. Some of them would be better writing for Ralph or one of those crappy magazines. One month a car will be be rated well, then the following month, in comparison with something else it is derided. They all consider themselves to be hot shot drivers and think we all drive at maximum speeds and race our cars fro one destination to another. Ive largely stopped buying Motor unless there is something of particular interest but for Oz cars there isnt much choice.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

mine is road and track

I'm a huge fan of EVO, but it costs like 14 bucks in Canada so I only ever buy one if there's a really good issue.

Personally, i buy 4 car mags, Motor, Wheels, Car and Top Gear. Since Motor and Wheels are both aussie, their cheap, but i pay $22.00 for the latest copy of Car and $20.00 for Top Gear, bloody ridiculous!

i buy these sorts of car mags for different reasons. Motor because it is an aussie EVO, minus the $17.00 price tag, and thats gotta be good. Wheels because i find it relevant to my area, they focus on more issues that face the Aussie driver, and also help to find out how some cars europe raves about fare in rougher, tougher aus. TopGear because i find the articles informative and amusing. and Car for their sheer driving,keyboarding and photographic skill, creating a superb piece of literature.

Bit of a bummer over here really, i can't get Auto Motor und Sport, or C&D or R&T, so i've really got nothing to compare too, unless we want to compare Street Machine to R&T.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i love road and track
    boobs

Thread Information