Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favoutite car mag?

Well magazines are somthing i collect i have near 200 hundred lieing about the most i have is street machine whic used to be a fine mag till about 95 i still get it its an enjoyable read although seems out of touch from what it used to be about (affordable real world cars mostly muscle cars and how to modify them and not WHO will modify them for you) i feel much the same about street heat which now has lost the plot also. I occasonly get wheels or motor depending on if they grab my attention or not (most of the time they dont) and i find they wuinge a bit too much for my liking. I also get performance ford (australia and new zeland) I like the cars and they have quite a bit of tech in them like lately they are having a multi part storie about the GT40 kit cars how to put them together and picture of the various stages they are built in and how to restore an XY falcon where they show common rust areas and make suggestions on things you can do for your restoration project.
    Fast 4s and other mags like that are a joke their idea of tech in the one hot 4 mag ive got is stero systems and an air filter comparo. My Old man has some from the 80s and they are actully quite good mags and i like the cars in them too (their buzz boxes rather then rice burners)
    Holden mags used to quite good although ones depicting holdens in general have been replaced commadore mags and they get a bit samey after a few issues and i have found lacking in tech.
    I have a love for american machinery and there fore a love for most american car mags sadly they are in general a little to rich to be bying monthly

tough choice!

I currently get, Automobile, Road and Track, and Autoweek. Tough choice, Autoweek gets the news ahead of the big boys a lot so i'll have to go with that
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

I think EVO is great, I also get Automobile. Ill pick up the occasional Road & Track or Car & Driver depending on if they are testing anythingreally interesting.

Anyone remember the short-lived AutoBuff? .... from about 15 or 20 yrs ago, they'd have really hot exotics or streetrods with topless babes sprawled all over them. If I remember the articles sucked but the pix were awesome !!

I would of thought you would of been a bit of a hot rod fan (or somthing like that) NoOne.

I am, I just don't buy those mags on a regular basis, I will pick up the occasional copy of Hot Rodding, Streetrodder and Mopar Action, but the problem I have with these are they are so biased toward 1 particular manufacturer .... kinda like "SL500" j/k, but in reality there is only so much you can read on cars that were built 30 yrs ago before it gets repetitive.

It is rare to see an article on an older car that makes you say " damn, thats freakin' cool!".

Some of the tech articles they used to hav ein popular hot rodding were great they told you what you need to do to drop a t-5 in a mustang mods for eccomy for power and so on they used to be fantastic mags just so full of info but now they aint as great their ok my old man got a hot rod mag and ill happily read it but i havent bought one in a long time.

I like Autocar (weekly) and another great mag is EVO

Autocar or Car

I think that nothing comes even near to EVO. Yes, its expensive but worth every penny. I'm suscribed, but their "rest of the world" price is so high I'm paying more than USD$10 a month (which is newstand price in US) AND I get it two months late. Nevertheless, its the best.

The other one I buy quite a bit is Sport Compact Car. I particularly like their "ultimate street car shootout" although the fact they have splitted it into two issues sucks!!!

I don't like the layout in Top Gear and Car, although they are quite good. I read a lot of R&T and CD before I got to EVO, and there is simply no way I can compare them. I might be buying one every six months.

I'm sure that "Auto, Motor und Sport" and "Sportauto" are very good altough I'm not fluent in either german or french.
    Zag when they Zig

Hot Rod!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

I subscribe to MOTOR magzine and I get the occasional copy of Wheels, but I sometimes find Wheels to be a bit biased sometimes...

Road and Track or Autocar.

Usually the only car magazine I get is EVO. Sometimes I'll get Top Gear Magazine.

I started reading Motortrend back in the early 90s, but it got to the point where it got bland and they only ever tested minivans and SUVs. I bailed on that and went to R&T for a few years which was good, but kinda lacking in a lot of ways. While overseas a year and a half ago, I discovered CAR, and have been reading that since. The stories are exceptionally written, and the pictures are art. Love every issue. I also was recently given a subscription to MT again, for a gift. I was suspicious at first, but former CAR editor Angus McKenzie is now the MT editor-in-chief, so things have gotten better.

i cant read Car and Driver. They are to political. Very pro-american, and its rare that european cars will win comparisons when they are clearly better than the competition. Automobile is good, but I never got into it.

2 mags a month, then supplemented by UCP, fills just about all the car info i can handle in my life. oh, and speed channel to supplement as well.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I'm open to most car mags. But I often get Road and Track, Modified Luxury and Exotics and CAR. They're all great, and every so often I'll get the Dupont Registry to browse the exotic car ads there.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information