Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [QUOTE] Maseratti MC12 one of the biggest Fuc* ups ever[/Quote]

Quote Originally Posted by DasModell
    imens budget . don't think so ..........so Corvette/GM can do it . but not Ferrari/Maserati . why not ? )
    He Corvette effort for this years Le Mans was a HUGE undertaking and BIG-BIG budget from the factory.
    Ferrari aren't interested in Le Mans anymore, they get all the publicity they need from F1. So no factory support. Even the 360 series gets very limited support from the factory. The Scuderia Ecosse team are pretty much having to do most of their on-going developemnt themselves

.. but to say it's not in the spirit of racing . come on . just look at the history .. think GT40 . or 917 . or 962C
    I tihnk waht he meant was it wasnt' in the spirit of the current rules.
    The cars you listed were in the 'spirit' of the various GT/sportscar formulas of the day. Partly because there wer less restrictiond then
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

BTW . those are not MC12 pictures ..
    duh, thats my point, it should have been the enzo racing. the pictures are of the one and only enzo racer. this whole story is like the F50GT, different circumstances but also a shame it didnt make it into competition.

PS that Enzo GT is for sale from the factory!

the Enzo GT story was nothing like the F50 Gt one . there was no intention to race the Enzo. ever . that car was build exactly in support for the MC12 . testing .
    The Enzo as we know the road car . would have looked differently and most of it's aero stuff from the road car gone .. that Enzo GT is not AFAIK a GTS/GT spec car FIA/ACO

Matra .. yes . and i accepted the thing about the rules . it is not eligible it will not race .. period .. the f**ked up is .. why they come this far before they were pointed .. it's not like they didn't know the dimensions of the car .. if it would have been a crappy car . of course they would have let it race . the championship already benefited from all the media maserati brought . and now they screwed them . i think the FIA used Maserati ...FIA were the arrogant one from my view ... and i hope somebody else will have the last say on that ..

the 575/360 GTC cars . are just a bussiness for Ferrari . they(Michelloto/N-Technology) build the cars for Ferrari . and sell them .. thats all ..
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

.. why they come this far before they were pointed .. it's not like they didn't know the dimensions of the car ..
    Rather than the conspiracy ange, it's more than likely followed thus ....
    Maser -> FIA. if we build a car like this will it pass.
    FIA -> Maser. if you build a car to the rules it will pass
    Maser -> FIA. we think we might do X
    FIA -> Maser. if you build a car to the rules it will pass
    Maser -> FIA. it's dimensions might be Y
    FIA -> Maser. if you build a car to the rules it will pass. When it's built we'll check.
    Maser -> FIA. if it weighs Z will it be OK
    FIA -> Maser. if you build a car to the rules it will pass. When it's built we'll check.
    Maser -> OK, we've built it.
    FIA -> Maser. It doesn't meet the rules.

i think the FIA used Maserati ...FIA were the arrogant one from my view ... and i hope somebody else will have the last say on that .. [/QUOE]
    I think Maserati were stupid thinking somethiin outwith the rules would pass.
    They took a risk and the lost.
    The rules went against them.
    Tough.
    For every Lotus Chapman got to race there was AT LEAST another one that was blocked for various reasons. That's what happens when you try to second guess the rules.

the 575/360 GTC cars . are just a bussiness for Ferrari . they(Michelloto/N-Technology) build the cars for Ferrari . and sell them .. thats all ..
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

it is a little bit different with the lotus .. in those time there were a lot of inovations . some of them did not get accepted like dualchassis stuff. or were banned after a few runs . like the fan brabham or the six-wheelers ..

and the FIA-Mazza relation it was probably something similar to the Sauber situation this year . when everybody acused them of racing a Ferrari .. and the FIA stated that they were keeping in touch with Sauber through all process of building the car ..

i'm not excluding a mistake from Maserati . but i think it's unlikely .
    there is just winning

it is a little bit different with the lotus .. in those time there were a lot of inovations . some of them did not get accepted like dualchassis stuff. or were banned after a few runs . like the fan brabham or the six-wheelers ..
    The dual chassis was one that Chapman went to them with a number of times during inception, design and first run. Only then did it get stopped.
    ( Rumour of the day under the pressure of Ferrari who never did get the hang of ground-effect until late on )
    i'm not excluding a mistake from Maserati . but i think it's unlikely .
    They don't confirm to the rules.
    That is only one mistake - the teams.
    Even any argument over parts that were not clear or were still being developed, a team needs contingencies to handle that. THey didn't. They boobed.

well . they did it in 79 without to much ground effect . but 1980 was a different story
    i'm resignated .. but they will come back . i'm sure of that

btw . why is this thread . in the multimedia area ?
    there is just winning

hmm . again with this thread
    does the Lister Storm comply to the rules ?
    is that car build ? don't think so
    why do they allow it to race ?(not that i would like it to go . but let's face it equal treatment )
    there is just winning

there is just winning

Thread Information