Thread: F40 or just a replica?

F40 or just a replica?

I have often 'bragged' about living close to an F40... recently a friend of mine and I took a few pics of it and a few days ago he pointed out that this may not be a real F40 but just a replica. At a glance... or even if you stare at it for a while... it doesn't click to you that this is somewhat different from the original F40. We had to compare an original F40 with the pics we took. Can anyone comment on it please... is this a real F40 or not... what are your thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Unleashed
    I have often 'bragged' about living close to an F40... recently a friend of mine and I took a few pics of it and a few days ago he pointed out that this may not be a real F40 but just a replica. At a glance... or even if you stare at it for a while... it doesn't click to you that this is somewhat different from the original F40. We had to compare an original F40 with the pics we took. Can anyone comment on it please... is this a real F40 or not... what are your thoughts?
    It's a kit. The bad panel fit is the real give-away. The F40's not great but it's not THATbad

Reckon it's Fiero under there looking at the windsheild and cockpit shape - rear opening is ALL wrong, 3/4 panel too small and missing the joint

Reckon it's one of these ( but built )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

So... its an F40 kit on a different car? or its a kit on an F40?... I didnt really catch you there...

So... its an F40 kit on a different car? or its a kit on an F40?... I didnt really catch you there...
    It a Pontiac Fiero with lots of plastic stuck on to make it look like a Ferrir - badly
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

that is a bad looking kit car. a real f40 would have real center lock wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Thanx for the info guys... We don't get the Potiac Fiero here in Qatar... but you never know. Umm... plus, this car has a Cadillac engine. From what I had heard, the dude had f***** his original engine so replaced it with a powerful Cadillac engine. I guess its all a load of bull...

thats one of the worst f40 kits i have ever seen.....go to www.kitcars.com they have alot of ugly kits like that too
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

It reminds me of the F355 kit for the Toyota Mr2. That is very poor aswell.

kinda lame but the initial give-away for me was the f-ed up side mirrors
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

Thanx for the info guys... We don't get the Potiac Fiero here in Qatar... but you never know. Umm... plus, this car has a Cadillac engine. From what I had heard, the dude had f***** his original engine so replaced it with a powerful Cadillac engine. I guess its all a load of bull...
    Actually, Fieros are famous for having an engine bay plenty big enough for a Small Block Chevy or a Caddy V-8 . They're also a great base for kit cars because their bodies are plastic. I've seen some dead-on Lambo kits, I guess it depends on who makes the kit and who's applying it.

EDIT: One of the better V-8 conversion kits: http://www.v8archie.com/.
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

Thread Information