Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: corvette Z06 v.s. viper srt-10

2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

http://www.fast-autos.net/lingenfelt...lter427tt.html
    that shows the lingenfelter corvette 427 to have a 0-60 of 1.97 seconds, and it costs a lot less than the 1000tt viper

<<<<<---well, i think my avatar says enough

With speeds that fast and prices that high, it would take a much larger difference between the two for me to choose the Vette, mostly because of the looks!
    IMO, when you compare 2 sports cars that are similar(within 2 sec.) in their speed tests and are both well over $80k(no matter how much, and in this case the Vette is over that in order to match the viper as previously stated) then I see that the conclusion of which one is better is completly opinionated on personal preferences. As is why I like the Viper better.
    Thats just me though
    Current favorite cars:
    Viper VenomTT
    Mazda RX8
    Porsche Carrera Gt

I really like the looks of the viper, but what bothers me is the value difference...i would take the viper over the corvette if only it cost less...also the side exhaust system on the viper seems to have an extremely 'uncivilized' tone (sounded like this when i pulled up next to one recently)...i think that the exhaust system would sound a lot better if there was an x pipe that exited out the back(quad exhausts would be nice )

check out the tight exhaust on this viper....i think it looks much better than sidepipes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 9.JPG (130.4 KB, 24 views)

I dunno, I still like sidepipes. I think the viper definately has more "panache" than the vette. I'm all about performance for the money, so I'd take a stock viper over a stock Z06, and a lingenfelter (however it's spelled) TT Corvette over a Viper Venom (I've never heard of a Street-legal car going 8's in the quarter mile!)
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

why are corvettes cheaper than vipers? you only get what you pay for. Inside door panels on a corvette are made out of carboard. Viper is carbon fiber. older viper clamshell hoods cost as much as engine around $17,000

neither of them are really the last world in build quality though...
    I am the Stig

Lets see how many times we can make this exact same thread.

Cough. Cough. VIPER
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Depends... you have to judge the pros and cons. I personally feel Viper can take out Corvette anytime. Chevy ain't bad either, but they need a little more brain in the drawing board.

wow, ok, there have been alot of these.......but, just cause i like big engines, im gonna go with the viper
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Well, first off VIPER. I believe that so many people base the handling off of the old model. I think if there was to be a comparison today of the Z06 and the SRT-10 handling I wouldnt be suprised if the handling on the viper was a huge improvement. As said before, theres no replacement for displacement.

Talking :-)

Having driven all three generations of the Viper I have to admit that the SRT-10 is much better (handling) than the previous Vipers...nevertheless, the RT/10 or GTS is much better looking.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdriver69
    why are corvettes cheaper than vipers?
    GM builds more Corvettes a year than Mopar builds Vipers. That brings the costs down. If you produce and sell a higher volume, then you can afford to bring the price down.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    GM builds more Corvettes a year than Mopar builds Vipers. That brings the costs down. If you produce and sell a higher volume, then you can afford to bring the price down.
    Partly, but I think it's because the Viper is a higher spec car. V10, brand-new clean sheet design, etc. Whereas, the Corvette still uses leaf-springs and has mostly evolved off the older models.
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 11-02-2004 at 07:13 PM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information