Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler ME412 begins testing

Chrysler ME412 begins testing

1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Interesting, but of no real importance to me. Even if they half-a-million of em I would never be able to sees one in person
    eat cicada

Interesting article, although the fact that Chrysler is building a supercar is still hard for me to grasp. Hope the car makes it to production and doesn't follow the same path as the Bugatti Veyron.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Oh how I laughed:
    "As with our other performance products"
    Yeah, all those "performance" Chryslers like the... err... PT Cruiser?

"it's a racing wheel, removable for entry/exit--in production, you'd be able to push the seat back more and tilt the column up for those purposes"

Excuse me? $xxx,xxx and you have to move the wheel and seat to get in?
    Are they taking the piss?

It doesn't have the supercar "aura" that something like a Carrera GT, Enzo or McLaren F1 has, very much like the Veyron in that respect.
    Characterless, possibly to do with both cars by big "average" car manufacturers throwing their vast cheque books in an "ours is faster than yours" fight.
    Thanks for all the fish

The car is at it's testing phase, let's give em' time to work on it. Maybe it'll be worth the wait.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by coventrysucks
    "ours is faster than yours" fight.
    the car ran 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, to 100 mph in 6.2 seconds (faster than most cars get to 60 mph) and ran a 10.6 second quarter-mile at 136 mph

if this is true then it is

the car isnt american (good point) it isnt a chrysler (anothe good point for a performance car)

it is as italien Body and chassy designed and made by Pigani

it is a british gearbox

German AMG engine

basically the only thing american about it is the name

i think this should be a good car if they dont let the americans have there way with it
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Characterless, possibly to do with both cars by big "average" car manufacturers throwing their vast cheque books in an "ours is faster than yours" fight.
    it has plenty of character even for a test mule, and thats what they set out to do and thats what they did. it is "faster than yours"
    i think this should be a good car if they dont let the americans have there way with it
    and what would that be?
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

SRT-10, GTS, RT-10, GTS-R, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, magnum, crossfire, 300c, etc. ?

yes and the PT turbo, same engine as the SRT-4

i think its an awsome car with mind blowing performance.

i havent been in one but have heard than getting into an enzo isnt a walk in the park either. besides thats not what this car is about, its not a super luxory car like the veyron its a race car for the road

and it looks hella cool !!!
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

I saw it at the NAIAS. It was very cool and has awesome performance(from AMG). I think that it's hard to think of a Chrysler being one of the fastest cars ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    yes and the PT turbo, same engine as the SRT-4
    Don't forget the Dodge Ram SRT-10 and Plymouth Prowler and all of the Mopar Muscle Cars of the 70s!

Hemi 'cuda
    AAR 'cuda
    Challenger R/T
    Charger R/T
    Superbird
    300 series

Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    SRT-10, GTS, RT-10, GTS-R, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, magnum, crossfire, 300c, etc. ?
    Most of those are Dodges, so not exactly the same as Chrysler...
    And none of them are really at the cutting edge of the performance car market.

The majority of those are derivatives of boring saloons, the only cars of those that are truely developed as sports cars are the Crossfire and the Viper.

The Crossfire is basically a re-hashed SLK, with its outdated platform, packaging and performance. It has received an exceptionally lukewarm reception from the British motoring press.

The Viper? Who knows. I'm not really a fan, so I have not exactly gone out of my way to read a European review, so I don't know if it is as good as it is supposed to be.

The thing I found the funniest was that the quote implied that these semi-sporting products were somehow comparable to the ME4-12.

It is a bit like mentioning the Fiat Punto Sporting in the same breath as the Enzo

Beep beep!
    Thanks for all the fish

you said it as if the PT cruiser was the best chrystler had to offer as far a performance goes, im in no position and lack the motivation to argue with you over the validness of chryslers sports products right to be called "sport" just stating that they're there

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Oh how I laughed:
    "As with our other performance products"

"it's a racing wheel, removable for entry/exit--in production, you'd be able to push the seat back more and tilt the column up for those purposes"

Excuse me? $xxx,xxx and you have to move the wheel and seat to get in?
    Are they taking the piss?

It doesn't have the supercar "aura" that something like a Carrera GT, Enzo or McLaren F1 has, very much like the Veyron in that respect.
    Jeeze hard room! I had to look at it again to make sure we were looking at the same thing. Looks are subjective but I like it and I rekon if you like the McLaren F1 you would have to like it too. Chrysler have the Viper which I think rates a mention performance wise. They just do it different. Big and brutal.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information