Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New "Name That Car"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    IIRC now it is only necesary to get type approval in one EC country to be acceptabel in them all. So SVA it in the UK where they're used to them and then export it ready built

But that means that the Brits should become entrepreneurial
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    But that means that the Brits should become entrepreneurial
    I'm sitting waiting, place you rorders with me and I'll provide fully built.
    Only NOW the price is the same as a 'real' car.
    Nobody who builds a kit car to reduce costs ever accounts for their own time.
    With upwards of 200 hours, that's another 5-6000 pounds minimum
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm sitting waiting, (
    That's exactly what I meant with British entrepreneurship
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That's exactly what I meant with British entrepreneurship
    tut, tut, NAUGHTY not to read the next 5 words

place you rorders with me

But the reality is few peopple actually buy a built kit except from a factory.
    First the cost as I stated and secondly do you REALLY want to ttrust your life to the build quality of someone else
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

do you REALLY want to ttrust your life to the build quality of someone else
    99.99% of cars buyers seem to do just that

I was more concerned about the administrative bottlenecks and the taxes that would result from importing such cars. What a factory would need are selling points abroad that could assist potential clients. The "sit and wait" attitude will not boost sales.

99.99% of cars buyers seem to do just that
    Now you know the difference
    Assembling one thing from a poorly copied build manual is not the same as being trained to construct on a productino line !!
    I was more concerned about the administrative bottlenecks and the taxes that would result from importing such cars. What a factory would need are selling points abroad that could assist potential clients. The "sit and wait" attitude will not boost sales.
    Aren't we supposed to have tax harmonised in the EC now ??
    There shoulnd't be

Aren't we supposed to have tax harmonised in the EC now ??
    There shoulnd't be

Taxation is one of the as yet untouchable nationally decided issues. Income taxes are different in all countries, VAT levels are different in a number of countries, etc. Taxes are part of the national budget which is still outside the claws of the EC.

Taxation is one of the as yet untouchable nationally decided issues. Income taxes are different in all countries, VAT levels are different in a number of countries, etc. Taxes are part of the national budget which is still outside the claws of the EC.
    Sorry, henk, I didnt' mean the tax levels as they will continue to have some variability for a while to go it seems
    But I thought that no nation was to have a DIFFERENT tax than another.
    It was that type of harmonisation I was thinking of.
    What exactly are the 'taxes' you pay when buying and registering a car for the road in Holland ?

What exactly are the 'taxes' you pay when buying and registering a car for the road in Holland ?
    Importers establish a basic/net selling price. Then a thing called BPM (which is the dutch abbreviation for Tax voor Cars and Motorcycles) is issued, which is 45.2% of the net price. Petrol cars get 1500 euro reduction, diesel cars not.
    On top of the BPM and the net price 19% VAT is lifted.
    Comparison with other European net prices show that ours are one of the lowests, but the aggregate amount destroys the advantage completely.
    Than of cours you'll have to pay road tax. which depends on the weight of car and again diesel powered cars are additionally charged. (taxes on diesel are comparatively low to support the trucking industry).

A private import of a kit car in kit form would go like this. You can get your kit delivered at home. You can put the car together but then it has to beregistered. The registering authority will ask you to pay the BPM before they will hand out a license plate. The basis for the 45.2% BPM will be the cost of the parts (as billed) plus 15% over the "added value" that is generated by constructing the car. (basically your own labour input) You are considered as a "small scale car manufacturer" As the kit is coming from the UK you will pay the UK VAT.

anyone know what the car is?

Its a Quantum H4!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    Quantum H4!
    correct

next:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Oh my god is this an ugly..............something

But I don't have a clue what it is.
    Is it European?

clan crusader

Something UK ??
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information