View Poll Results: '97 Toyota Supra vs Nissan Skyline GTR 34

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supra

18 24.32%
  • Skyline

36 48.65%
  • Other car (please post your alternative)

17 22.97%
  • No idea

3 4.05%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: '97 Toyota Supra vs Nissan Skyline GTR 34

Quote Originally Posted by blonde
    well i initially thought skyline but then said supra cuz apperently its quicker, so i aint 2 sure, their both beautiful cars...

bLoNdE

Beautiful is the the wrong word.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

F*ck fanboys, those tools don't take away from how good a car a really is.
    Not liking a car because of the kind of people who also like it is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

The fact that Ferraris are bought overwhelmingly by old men with erectile dysfunction doesn't take away from how good a Ferrari is either.

I'd take the skyline because i don't think the supra was built to be anything other than a US marketing exercise (and it's dynamics reflect that).

An RX-7 is the way it should be done, it beats both the others easily.
    Can't wait to see the upcoming one.

your goddam right beautiful is thw wrong word
    more like RICE
    lol sorry.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    yeah, in a way its kinda like a religion, the facts clearly prove the theory wrong yet people still choose to deny them and blindly follow it
    Watch yourself.............You're out of line, KnifeEdge.
    -----------------------------------

Skyline
    3672.9 lbs
    280 bhp 289 ft lbs
    0-60: 5.2 s
    0.17 bhp / kg
    You're smarter than this, Niko. The skyline is rated at 276, but puts out anywhere from 300-340. The gentleman's agreement. I'm a little suprised at that 0-60 time, seeing as how the 4WD and attessa should haul that thing to the big mark quicker than that. Dare I ask where you got those stats from?

I also didn't like the way the supra shifted, couldn't quite describe it, it just felt...off.
    You said you've been in a supra and skyline. Does that mean you drove them?
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    I'm a little suprised at that 0-60 time, seeing as how the 4WD and attessa should haul that thing to the big mark quicker than that. Dare I ask where you got those stats from?
    the skyline is notoriously hard to launch, thats the reason for the poor 0-60, however rolling start they are much quicker

Remember that normally the 4WD computer send most power to the rears

arrgghh!!!!

These threads are always flying around, must be 20 of them on this site. Why can't people search before they post.
    Personally i think the skyline is the better vehicle but its really only a preference thing they were made to compete directly with each other. i have been for a ride in an earlier model supra TT(94-95 or something) at my fathers work shop and i didnt like the way it rode or handled. my friend owns a r33 gts-t with mild work done to the whole car, big brakes(gtr i think), exhaust, engine work, good suspension, good street tyres, lowered and pretty riced, but not horrible, no STIKAZ or decals. My dad said that the r33 had way more grip and better balance than the supra TT, but the supra was stock as apart from a bad ricing and a fart can exhaust and heaps of horrid stikkaz so thats not really a comparison.
    I agree, the way that gts-t sticks to the road really scared me.
    there's a set of dirty esses near my place that i can hit at about 80 klm an hour safetly in mums vt commodore the r33 was doing 130 into it and my mate acellerated to about 140 and backed off slightly for some slight lift-off oversteer, it came out the other side showin about 135klm\h. It wasn't as illegal as it sounds this was on a private road.
    i just flamed this thread then posted heaps of crap and ended up sounding like a fan boy Narrrgghhh. finally between a stock r34 gtr and supra TT its hard, i vote skyline looks alone.
    "I'd rather let 1000 criminals get away than chase them..."
    Chief Wiggum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Hey guys, Ive always wanted to know other people's opinion, as a race car, used in both circuit, drift and drag, which car would be better?
    '97 Toyota Supra vs Nissan Skyline GTR 34????? I think the Supra
    are you mental the gtr 34 is the best car for all of them races the supra is good but its o match to the skyline

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    F*ck fanboys, those tools don't take away from how good a car a really is.
    Not liking a car because of the kind of people who also like it is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

The fact that Ferraris are bought overwhelmingly by old men with erectile dysfunction doesn't take away from how good a Ferrari is either.

I'd take the skyline because i don't think the supra was built to be anything other than a US marketing exercise (and it's dynamics reflect that).

An RX-7 is the way it should be done, it beats both the others easily.
    Can't wait to see the upcoming one.
    i agree. but you cant argue with customer perception and its relation to its target market. A guy from auto car said very appropriately that we shouldn't let all the rich/eccentric people enjoy all the good cars.

type supra vs skyline into youtube search and you get hundreds of ned videos...i dont really want to comment technically on this thread because youre going to like (or hate) one or both.
    autozine.org

they're both monsters... nobody would lose out much if they got the either of'em!

personally i'd go with the supra because of the looks & the absence of awd (however sophisticated it is).

i'm sure most people would choose the skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by SafirXP View Post
    they're both monsters... nobody would lose out much if they got the either of'em!

personally i'd go with the supra because of the looks & the absence of awd (however sophisticated it is).

i'm sure most people would choose the skyline.
    welcome! Most people did vote skyline. I think both are fairly hideous.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by 85RX7 View Post
    RX7 - practically perfect in every way
    Same here. Rx7's have been my dream car since I was 6. Unlike the supra, you can still see alot of rx7 (fd3s) been used in both drag racing, and drift racing. Skylines are often found in both drag racing and drift racing, but I just dont like cars with large engines. ( its considered large in japan )
    My motto: Quality over quantity.

Toyota Supra vs. Nissan Skyline is the never ending debate. At the end of the day, some people prefer Skylines and some people prefer Supra's. Anyway, they're both very good cars so personal preference will decide whether a person prefers the Supra or Skyline.
    Last edited by john14; 02-16-2007 at 05:09 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    Toyota Supra vs. Nissan Skyline is the never ending debate. At the end of the day, some people prefer Skylines and some people prefer Supra's. Anyway, they're both very good cars so personal preference will decide whether a person prefers the Supra or Skyline.
    The thing that bugs me is that people will stupidly argue their points right or wrong and never consider good points of either (or do it faintly or in passing never truely appreciating the reason it is good)

If you think this is bad you should see the flame session in you tube about Tae Kwon do vs Kickboxing/Mauy Thai it wouldent be so bad if the average IQ in the argument was 65.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

voting

If it was a 2000 Toyota Supra it might have chance

Thread Information